Insurance and government Tax on Motorbikes and Cars

Hi

I have a question on the yearly renewal of Insurance and government tax that is sent out if you own a motorbike or car.

I have a big bike which is due for renewal next month but i am flying back to the Uk for 6 months in a few days and my bike will be put in to storage and will not be used until i return in either Dec or Jan and i would prefer not to renew the insurance and Tax until i return as the bike is more then safe and can not be used but i am unsure as to the law in Thailand regarding this ?

In the Uk you can Sorn a vehicle off the road when not in use.

If i do not renew now will this cause a problem both now and when i return in 6 months ? or can leave the renewal and simply just renew when i return

Many thanks for any help on this matter

Sorry if i have posted this in the wrong section as im not sure which section would be appropriate

As far as I know .. when you return and re-tax your vehicle, it will be dated back to the expiry of the previous one. I can't think of any advantage for doing it either way. There are many untaxed vehicles driving around without documents or even reg no plates. I don't think a sorn doc will exist here in our lifetimes.

Regarding the tax and mandatory insurance there is no advantage of doing it later.

You will have to pay since the last due date plus some interest/fine.

I don't know how an official deregistration and reregistration works and how much effort it makes.

For an additional private insurance the pay later might work.

Simply a gap in your insurance coverage.

Do you have an insurance broker?

He would know all the answers.

Edited by KhunBENQ