Bank Statement For Visa

The word for statement, phonetically pronounced is "statement." They will understand at any bank. Then just ask for one year, 6 months or whatever you want. Dont bother telling them about immigration as a statement is a statement is s statement whatever you need it for. Good luck!

I doubt that is what he wants. For immigration there are two items most people need to provide. One is a passbook savings account with signed copies of pages and the other is a letter signed by a bank official on letterhead confirming the amount in your account (in agreement with bank book) current within 7 days.

I doubt that is what he wants. For immigration there are two items most people need to provide. One is a passbook savings account with signed copies of pages and the other is a letter signed by a bank official on letterhead confirming the amount in your account (in agreement with bank book) current within 7 days.
The English text on the web site of the Immigration Bureau reads:

“Bank statement and copy of bank account showing at least 400,000.- Baht deposit”

The Thai text for the requirements for this type of extension are as per attached PDF file (text copied from the Immigration website). Have your wife mark the line regarding the bank letter and then, if you have difficulty communicating this requirement to the bank employee, show it to him.

(Lopburi, I hope I copied the correct text. My wife is away for a few days and I cannot have her verify it for me)

---------------

Maestro

TM_7_annual_extension_reqirements_TH.pdf

Thanks very much guys...As far asd asking for a "statemen" goes, this is where I went wrong last year, as Lopburi pointed out, I need a signed letter as opposed to a statement.

Thanks a million for the Thai version Maestro - will get my better half to take that into the bank and point out what we need from them...

Any ideas how long this letter process takes? Can't remember for the life of me..

Thanks again,

W. :o

The local branch should be able to type up and sign the letter in a few minutes (if the manager in there). Although my branch first time had main office issue and return to branch next day (which they managed to misplace). The next time wife made sure they did it themselves and have not had a problem since. It is only a few lines with your name and account balance.

The local branch should be able to type up and sign the letter in a few minutes (if the manager in there). Although my branch first time had main office issue and return to branch next day (which they managed to misplace). The next time wife made sure they did it themselves and have not had a problem since. It is only a few lines with your name and account balance.

If only!! Even though I can't remeber for sure, it took at least 3 days at my bangkok bank branch in lat phrao. who do you bank with Lopburi if you don't mind me asking?

Thanksfor the info. :o

• 4 weeks later...
The Thai text for the requirements for this type of extension are as per attached PDF file...

(Lopburi, I hope I copied the correct text. My wife is away for a few days and I cannot have her verify it for me)

My wife is back now and tells me that the attached file is in fact the correct Thai text from the Immigration website regarding annual extension for retirement.

In the meantime, the medical certificate no longer seems to be required according to National Police Office Order No. 606/2006, paragraph 7.21, but the Immigration website has not yet been updated.

Perhaps also of interest: wpcoe has uploaded a copy of the letter he got from his bank to this address. This can be used as a sample to show to one’s bank if it does not understand what is needed.

--------------

Maestro

TM_7_annual_extension_reqirements_TH_retirement.pdf