Woman pleads guilty in overdose death of Google exec

webfact

Prostitute pleads guilty in overdose death of Google exec
By MARTHA MENDOZA

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (AP) — A California prostitute charged with killing a Google executive with an overdose of heroin aboard his yacht pleaded guilty Tuesday to involuntary manslaughter and administering drugs.

A Santa Cruz County Superior Court judge sentenced defendant Alix Tichelman to six years in prison under a plea deal that included reducing a manslaughter charge.

Authorities say Tichelman injected Forrest Timothy Hayes with heroin in November 2013 then left without seeking help when he passed out on the yacht. Hayes had hired Tichelman several times before and they were doing drugs and having sex the night he died, authorities said.

Defense attorney Larry Biggam said Tichelman was relieved to have the court proceedings behind her and she is expected to serve only three years. She will be credited for nearly a year already served.

Tichelman agreed to the plea deal in light of the evidence, the lawyer said.

"It was an accidental overdose between two consenting adults," he said.

The high-end call girl was arrested eight months after Hayes' death. A surveillance video at the Santa Cruz harbor showed the woman gather her belongings, casually step over Hayes' body, finish a glass of wine and lower a blind before leaving the yacht the night before the body was discovered.

Tichelman had been preparing to move out of California when she was arrested, She has wealthy parents and dual citizenship in the U.S. and Canada.

Prosecutor Rafael Vazquez was not immediately available for comment.

After Tichelman was charged in California, police in Milton, Georgia, took another look at the 2013 overdose death of Tichelman's former boyfriend Dean Riopelle, 53, the owner of a popular Atlanta music venue.

Authorities said a panicked Tichelman had called police, saying her boyfriend had overdosed on something and wouldn't respond. Police in Milton did not immediately return a call Tuesday seeking a possible update on the situation.

Tichelman has not been charged in that death. An autopsy report listed Riopelle's death as an accidental overdose of heroin, oxycodone and alcohol.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-05-20

$4,000 a night steps over his body to get her wine,ands walks out...3 years (Thai) sentencing...A Real Black Widow.

You could not resist dragging Thailand into this, could you?
. Dragging Thailand, look at my previous posts, I never drag Thailand anywhere , maybe a few sentencing quips, Please troll elsewhere, you agree with Thai Sentencing you are The Minority... Edited by Dannyboy666

$4,000 a night steps over his body to get her wine,ands walks out...3 years (Thai) sentencing...A Real Black Widow.

. Warning Warning Thai Apologist Ahead, Do We Have More in the Woodwork... Edited by Dannyboy666

Well, if the U.S.' drug laws were not so ludicrous—given that an evidence base does not exist to justify them—then the sex worker would have reported the matter immediately. Also, the male's status as a Google exec would have surely complicated the matter—again, unfair and harmful sanctimony and morality get in the way of humanism.

. Dragging Thailand, look at my previous posts, I never drag Thailand anywhere , maybe a few sentencing quips, Please troll elsewhere, you agree with Thai Sentencing you are The Minority...

I never drag Thailand elsewhere, maybe a few sentencing quips... enough said!

. Dragging Thailand, look at my previous posts, I never drag Thailand anywhere , maybe a few sentencing quips, Please troll elsewhere, you agree with Thai Sentencing you are The Minority...

. Your feminine side is showing through in this drama of Nothing Edited by Dannyboy666

. Sentencing, Not the Culture...

if she injected him against his will I might agree more. If you are stupid enough to inject yourself with heroin or let someone else do it for you then you get what you deserve. I don't care if you are from Google or not you are still a junky scumbag.

Yeah, I can read the title, but thanks for asking. I'm referring to the reply that says "3 years (Thai) sentencing". She received a 4 year sentence with credit for 1 year served in California. Maybe you guys are more perceptive than I am, but I don't see any connection to Thailand. I guess you're saying that's a "Thai type of sentence"?

Sounds fishy because on heroin the last thing on your mind is sex, leave alone the fact that you can't get it up on H.

Firstly, neither of these statements is scientifically sound. Also, heroin might have been used to come down from the stimulants they were using while having sex. How do you know they were using heroin during the sexual part of their session?

Edited by tookwan cottage

Yeah, I can read the title, but thanks for asking. I'm referring to the reply that says "3 years (Thai) sentencing". She received a 4 year sentence with credit for 1 year served in California. Maybe you guys are more perceptive than I am, but I don't see any connection to Thailand. I guess you're saying that's a "Thai type of sentence"?

Ah, I'm with you. I think he was trying to imply it was a light sentence considering the callous way in which she left.

Although I wouldn't call it "Thai", more "HiSo Thai" as it's those who are connected that get favours from the courts.