Thaksin wants strong support base before contemplating return home

webfact

All these guys who knows the thai people so well!!

During the Yingluck campaign no-one on here rated her a chance of winning and ridicule her but they was a very quiet day after the election!

So you dont know the thai people so well just want to go on about how clever you are

The only truth is unless you have citizenship here no farang has any say in what gos on so strange that you think your opinion counts for anything

Probably most of your wives are redshirt and you cant even have any control over that .haha

Only 17 posts since you joined in 2012 and yet you seem so opinionated. Where have you been all this time and what is it about this subject brings you out of your hibernation? Are you a Manchurian Candidate Troll? I'll know you are a troll for certain if you don't respond; trolls never respond to direct questions.

Edited by rametindallas

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the Yingluck campaign no-one on here rated her a chance of winning and ridicule her but they was a very quiet day after the election!

So you dont know the thai people so well just want to go on about how clever you are

The only truth is unless you have citizenship here no farang has any say in what gos on so strange that you think your opinion counts for anything

Probably most of your wives are redshirt and you cant even have any control over that .haha

Only 17 posts since you joined in 2012 and yet you seem so opinionated. Where have you been all this time and what is it about this subject brings you out of your hibernation? Are you a Manchurian Candidate Troll? I'll know you are a troll for certain if you don't respond; trolls never respond to direct questions.

rametindallas, you're not a troll, would you like to answer a direct question ?

Lets just say that it is the case that Thaksin's support base in Thailand is small, yes, lots of people on ThaiVisa are correct, Thaksin is deluded when thinking that he still has a support base in Thailand. They might be right.

Okay, lets have an election, and surely, Abhisit will get a higher percentage of the vote than Thaksin. Maybe six or seven per cent more votes. This means Abhisit will have more MPs than Thaksin, and Abhisit can be declared as the democratically elected leader of Thailand.

Yes, Thailand can then declare itself a democracy, and have full political links with the West restored. :)

Lets just say that it is the case that Thaksin's support base in Thailand is small, yes, lots of people on ThaiVisa are correct, Thaksin is deluded when thinking that he still has a support base in Thailand. They might be right.

Okay, lets have an election, and surely, Abhisit will get a higher percentage of the vote than Thaksin. Maybe six or seven per cent more votes. This means Abhisit will have more MPs than Thaksin, and Abhisit can be declared as the democratically elected leader of Thailand.

Yes, Thailand can then declare itself a democracy, and have full political links with the West restored. smile.png

A good few years ago, after an evening's barhopping, I saw a young local who appeared to be trying to cut of his own genitalia with a machete. Rushing over to intervene, which upset him much much more, I managed to get the knife and threw it away. Drunk guy must have finally passed out after screaming and wailing in the gutter and making quite a spectacle of himself. A few weeks later a huge gift basket arrived. Funnily enough it was from little mr.angry the wanna-be self harmer and his family thanking me for my actions. Prayuth is doing exactly the same thing for the Isaanites, it just takes a little time.

Same story with all these rich unhappy westerners who run away to join ISIS to get away from the horrible western government that took away all their freedom. Few months later and the ones that didn't cark it are gagging to get back to what they once viewed as unbearable repression. They believed the propaganda is all. Same with those that only can be happy when a PM that will worsen they and their families chance in lives returns to power. Thaksin the Saviour is a pure illusion and it wasn't a cheap one to make.

Edited by jaidam

Yes, Thailand can then declare itself a democracy, and have full political links with the West restored. smile.png

A good few years ago, after an evening's barhopping, I saw a young local who appeared to be trying to cut of his own genitalia with a machete. Rushing over to intervene, which upset him much much more, I managed to get the knife and threw it away. Drunk guy must have finally passed out after screaming and wailing in the gutter and making quite a spectacle of himself. A few weeks later a huge gift basket arrived. Funnily enough it was from little mr.angry the wanna-be self harmer and his family thanking me for my actions. Prayuth is doing exactly the same thing for the Isaanites, it just takes a little time.

Same story with all these rich unhappy westerners who run away to join ISIS to get away from the horrible western government that took away all their freedom. Few months later and the ones that didn't cark it are gagging to get back to what they once viewed as unbearable repression. They believed the propaganda is all. Same with those that only can be happy when a PM that will worsen they and their families chance in lives returns to power. Thaksin the Saviour is a pure illusion and it wasn't a cheap one to make.

Regarding the story about the drunk guy, and about ISIS, yes, I can see what you're trying to say.

But in a democracy, okay, so a bad government gets elected, they got a few per cent more votes than the second most populat party, this meant more MPs. And indeed, whatever bad party damaged and harmed the nation. Democracy works by having an election to remove the bad party. How about the Thais will have an election to show that Abhisit is more popular than Thaksin ?

And those Westerners who join ISIS, yes, most of them end up running home to Britain or whatever country they're from. How about let the Thais run to Thaksin, and once they know how bad it is with Thaksin in charge, well, lets watch them run away from Thaksin. Lets watch them being thankful that Thaksin is not in charge. How many Thais are thankful that Thaksin is not in charge ? Do they outnumber the Thais who still want Thaksin back in charge ?

Yes, lets watch the Thais run away from Thaksin. Lets watch the Thais give Thaksin a massive defeat in an election. But we've got to have an election in order to see this massive defeat. Lets see it. :)

Thaksin: 2014 Coup Makers Helped by Traditional Elites

By Khaosod Eng.

14322916531432291723l.jpg

BANGKOK — In his strongest criticism of the May 2014 coup yet, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra told a South Korean media agency that last year’s military takeover was plotted by Thailand's traditional elites.

The video clip was posted today on the one-year anniversary of the coup by a pro-Redshirt Facebook page called "Stop Hypocrisy in Thailand."

Speaking in Thai above Korean subtitles, Thaksin alleged that traditional elites helped engineer the anti-government protests that culminated in the coup that overthrew his sister’s government twelve months ago.

"When they didn't want us to stay anymore, they made Suthep [Thaugsuban, leader of anti-government protests] come out, and then had the military help him," Thaksin told Chosun Media, which organized a leadership conference that the former PM attended this week in Seoul.

Thaskin said the military takeover "played out like what I had been through," referring to the military coup that ousted him from power in 2006. The 2006 putsch also followed months of protests against his government.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1432291653

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-05-23

^^

No sh*t Sherlock........We would never have figured that out on our own...................coffee1.gif

What Mr T "forgot" to mention is the fact, that the government replaced by the coup makers was extremely corrupt and incompetent.

Which gave Mr P and his mighty sponsors the perfect excuse...................

He forgot to mention that both coup were against caretaker PMs on corruption an malfeasance charges and both were being protested by masses of the Thai public. Yingluck, was even being protested against by her own supporter base, the rice farmers and had been ordered to step down.

post-46292-0-96246100-1432366111_thumb.jMore than 2000 farmers protested Thursday in Bangkok to demand Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's government to pay rice subsidies as promised.

Edited by waza

There will be an election; there always is an election... eventually. As for as Abhist being a candidate, he is not charismatic and has blood on his hands; rightly or wrongly. When you write of Thaksin being a candidate or getting votes, thats impossible as he is a convicted felon so it will have to be a 'nominee', such as Samak, Somchai, and Yingluck were, representing Thaksin who support Thaksin's policies. He has thrown so many of his loyal, possible leaders 'under the bus' that I couldn't begin to guess who that nominee would be With his funding and organization, any party representing Thaksin has as good a chance of winning an election as any I know of. The 'monkey wrench' in all this is the crazy new methods of electing representatives as formulated in the proposed new convention and supposedly based on the German model. I have no idea how that is going to work so I really can't comment yet. Thailand is much more acceptable to world powers as a democracy and even the most benevolent, hard-working, and honest military government is still a military government and not the 'will of the people'. Therefore I patiently wait for democracy to return and hope venal politicians don't bend the rules to fit their will as Dr. Thaksin and his nominee governments have done in the past.

By Khaosod Eng.

14322916531432291723l.jpg

BANGKOK — In his strongest criticism of the May 2014 coup yet, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra told a South Korean media agency that last year’s military takeover was plotted by Thailand's traditional elites.

The video clip was posted today on the one-year anniversary of the coup by a pro-Redshirt Facebook page called "Stop Hypocrisy in Thailand."

Speaking in Thai above Korean subtitles, Thaksin alleged that traditional elites helped engineer the anti-government protests that culminated in the coup that overthrew his sister’s government twelve months ago.

"When they didn't want us to stay anymore, they made Suthep [Thaugsuban, leader of anti-government protests] come out, and then had the military help him," Thaksin told Chosun Media, which organized a leadership conference that the former PM attended this week in Seoul.

Thaskin said the military takeover "played out like what I had been through," referring to the military coup that ousted him from power in 2006. The 2006 putsch also followed months of protests against his government.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1432291653

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2015-05-23

Sounds like he had ti many martoonis and got a little loose with his lips. He has made a lot more statements that aren't posted on this forum and that I can't link to. How many times has he forsworn politics? He keeps showing how butt-hurt he is from his ouster in 2006 and he remembers every little bad thing any one has ever done to him while, in his mind, he is totally innocent and blameless. Ladies and gentlemen you are watching a real, live narcissistic megalomaniac who really can't stop or help himself. He is in total denial and has delusions of grandeur that he is the one true savior of Thailand. I don't doubt his sincerity one iota. I feel bad for his family as he must be becoming an embarrassment since it is clear he will never be allowed to return to his former power and possibly, never to even return to Thailand. Just the wind blowing.

Yellowshirt supporters can "kick, squeal,lie and protest all that they like, but the facts are there to be seen. Thaksin was the most popular and best PM .that Thailand has ever had. Just ask the people who voted him into the prime ministership again and gain, over and over until the Bangok "born to rule" mob employed the army to overthrow the results of all those elections. Yingluck was voted in because the masses were sick of the corrupt defacto leader of the Dems, Suthep. Abisit was only a gutless figurehead put there because everyone knew just how corrupt was Suthep. All Thai politicians are corrupt, it is bred into them, but none as bad as Suthep the man who was actually stealing from his supporters in the street of Bangkok claiming that he a collecting for the farmers. How much did they receive...........Zilch ! and no on knows where the money went or how much was collected . rolleyes.gif

Edited by oldsailor35

Yellowshirt supporters can "kick, squeal,lie and protest all that they like, but the facts are there to be seen. Thaksin was the most popular and best PM .that Thailand has ever had. Just ask the people who voted him into the prime ministership again and gain, over and over until the Bangok "born to rule" mob employed the army to overthrow the results of all those elections. Yingluck was voted in because the masses were sick of the corrupt defacto leader of the Dems, Suthep. Abisit was only a gutless figurehead put there because everyone knew just how corrupt was Suthep. All Thai politicians are corrupt, it is bred into them, but none as bad as Suthep the man who was actually stealing from his supporters in the street of Bangkok claiming that he a collecting for the farmers. How much did they receive...........Zilch ! and no on knows where the money went or how much was collected . rolleyes.gif

"Yellowshirt supporters can "kick, squeal,lie and protest all that they like, but the facts are there to be seen. Thaksin was the most popular and best PM .that Thailand has ever had."

... and that's why he only wants to come back after he's made his own, strong supporters base.

There will be an election; there always is an election... eventually. As for as Abhist being a candidate, he is not charismatic and has blood on his hands; rightly or wrongly. When you write of Thaksin being a candidate or getting votes, thats impossible as he is a convicted felon so it will have to be a 'nominee', such as Samak, Somchai, and Yingluck were, representing Thaksin who support Thaksin's policies. He has thrown so many of his loyal, possible leaders 'under the bus' that I couldn't begin to guess who that nominee would be With his funding and organization, any party representing Thaksin has as good a chance of winning an election as any I know of. The 'monkey wrench' in all this is the crazy new methods of electing representatives as formulated in the proposed new convention and supposedly based on the German model. I have no idea how that is going to work so I really can't comment yet. Thailand is much more acceptable to world powers as a democracy and even the most benevolent, hard-working, and honest military government is still a military government and not the 'will of the people'. Therefore I patiently wait for democracy to return and hope venal politicians don't bend the rules to fit their will as Dr. Thaksin and his nominee governments have done in the past.

Thanks for that, rametindallas !

Okay, Abhisit can easily be replaced and the Democrats can have a new leader. Yes, when I say Thaksin, I mean a Thaksin proxy, but we all know that a Thaksin proxy or nominee will be taking orders from Thaksin and carrying out those orders.

You say that "With his funding and organization, any party representing Thaksin has as good a chance of winning an election as any I know of" !! :) Well yes, I agree with your comment. Do you feel, if the junta was able to carry out a ban on the 500 baht per vote bribe, do you reckon the Thaksin Party can still win ?

What about people on ThaiVisa who feel that any parties taking part in a general election should be banned from having populist policies ? Do you feel this is reasonable ? Or do you feel that in a democratic vote, parties should be allowed whatever populist policies they like ?? :)

If "Social Elites in Bangkok" had helped rid Thailand of dangerous, plague infested rats who had spread their disease into the most vulnerable areas of society - then one must applaud these "Social Elites".

As for "Thaksin Coming home" - he must first pay his many debts to society including a prison sentence plus and then the long list of Frauds.

Like any criminal who has been convicted he must pay. Do the crime - do the time.

^^

No sh*t Sherlock........We would never have figured that out on our own...................coffee1.gif

What Mr T "forgot" to mention is the fact, that the government replaced by the coup makers was extremely corrupt and incompetent.

Which gave Mr P and his mighty sponsors the perfect excuse...................

the perfect excuse to replace them with their own brand of corruption and incompetence

According to my sources he bought the Pacific Club and many of his meetings and fundraising he held at the Pacific Club.

Edited by MobileContent

Slogging through 6 pages of ThaiVisa with the OP referencing the Shinawats one is struck by how personal the attacks upon them are and upon those who support their policies on ThaiVisa. The future of Thailand belongs to the Shinawats. That is a statement based on observation. The current Numero Uno of Thailand has the brains of a flounder. That, too, is a statement based on observation. Fascist falang, fear-drenched, fat and furious, will be certain the first statement is proof one has the hots for Yingluk or one is a well-paid agent of Taksin, or vice-versa. The second statement will tell the same “Falang-ists” one is an hysterical RedShirt. Not so in my case. I have no emotional involvement in any Thai politician — and ought not.

Numero Uno seems not to torture or execute political opponents, high marks for that, while Taksin has more brains in his fingernails than the entire Army Club, points for that, so there is good and bad across the spectrum. Id est quod est. A balanced view dries Falangists bonkers: they become incapable of quiet discourse, spewing venom or foam on ThaiVisa threads and on their Pinochet screensavers. Glum down, chaps, the worst is yet to come.

Slogging through 6 pages of ThaiVisa with the OP referencing the Shinawats one is struck by how personal the attacks upon them are and upon those who support their policies on ThaiVisa. The future of Thailand belongs to the Shinawats. That is a statement based on observation. The current Numero Uno of Thailand has the brains of a flounder. That, too, is a statement based on observation. Fascist falang, fear-drenched, fat and furious, will be certain the first statement is proof one has the hots for Yingluk or one is a well-paid agent of Taksin, or vice-versa. The second statement will tell the same “Falang-ists” one is an hysterical RedShirt. Not so in my case. I have no emotional involvement in any Thai politician — and ought not.

Numero Uno seems not to torture or execute political opponents, high marks for that, while Taksin has more brains in his fingernails than the entire Army Club, points for that, so there is good and bad across the spectrum. Id est quod est. A balanced view dries Falangists bonkers: they become incapable of quiet discourse, spewing venom or foam on ThaiVisa threads and on their Pinochet screensavers. Glum down, chaps, the worst is yet to come.

Every expat in Thailand should read MacGregors book and then after that Handleys book for a full understanding of what is actually going on in Thailand.

The control freak froths from the mouth again---a liar must have a good memory=====Problem here is that he has a prolapse of the memory.

Thaksin is fully at home on stage fully believing what he says is true. He has completely lost his marbles along with anyone who supports him. To my mind most of the family are of the same thinking ( they actually believe everyone loves them).

Whilst we're on the subject of missing marbles.....

According to my sources he bought the Pacific Club and many of his meetings and fundraising he held at the Pacific Club.

Off topic I know,but does he still own the Pacific Club, he being a monk and all that?

Oldsailor, methinks you are living in a fantasy world ! Well, I guess that,s OK as long as it works for you :)

There is something major wrong in this country.

Mr T is again right.

The whole thing was carefully planned and staged

Suthep should have been locked up for preventing and sabotaging previous elections...

That a serious crime we could see it all on Thai news..

But he was with the Elite and so it was according to their plan

Thaksin wants strong support base before contemplating return home

Something about this sounds familiar...

Oh, I remember, Julius Caesar and his triumphal return to Rome. And we know what became of him.

On the other hand who can forget the airport reception Benigno Aquino Jr. got when he returned to the Philippines, literally the minute the he stepped off the plane.

..........................."Glum down, chaps, the worst is yet to come."...................................

Does that mean you are going to make another amazing comment like the one above ? coffee1.gif

Has Thaksin still got a large support base in Thailand ? Is he deluded ?

Does Thaksin's support base in Thailand outnumber the Thais who want to vote for Abhisit ??

How do we know ? How are we going to know ? Are there people on ThaiVisa who are deluded about how many people in Thailand support Thaksin ??
:)