New Visa Rules

fourbaht

Visa Regulations and how they affect you  

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect there is an 18 page thread - and growing every minute, in the press clippings forum. There seems little point in repeating all that stuff again here - but up to you :o

I would also think that places like Phuket, Koh Samui, etc will also have be badly affected by this new ruling.

I know this is being discussed elsewhere but as it affects Pattaya probably more than most cities I just wondered what every ones views were on how the new regulations affect the city we call home.

very good news for thailand !

same rules in europe (shengen visa) usa canada australia all golf country ............................

why thailand must be the rubish can of the world ??

better to clean !!

With all due respect there is an 18 page thread - and growing every minute, in the press clippings forum. There seems little point in repeating all that stuff again here - but up to you :D

I would also think that places like Phuket, Koh Samui, etc will also have be badly affected by this new ruling.

Mobi

I know there is a large topic on this and I am not atempting to discuss it again, (as I said in my original post) I live in Pattaya and I wanted the views of other people in Pattaya. If any one is Samui etc wants views of their locals they can do the same.

It's the poll im more interested in to see how people react to what is probably a bigger problem for people in Pattaya than most other places.. border run city..:D

Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed? or has the missus cut you off the horizontal jogging :o

Edited by Scouse.

Mobi

I know there is a large topic on this and I am not atempting to discuss it again, (as I said in my original post) I live in Pattaya and I wanted the views of other people in Pattaya. If any one is Samui etc wants views of their locals they can do the same.

It's the poll im more interested in to see how people react to what is probably a bigger problem for people in Pattaya than most other places.. border run city..:D

Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed? or has the missus cut you off the horizontal jogging :D

Sorry fourbaht, I take it back. :D

Maybe it's agood idea to look at the Pattaya prospective on this.

The wife's away, and I'm hung over :D What's your excuse?

What's with this awayfoe guy? Hope he isn't a visa running English teacher :o

Well you must be keeping Pattaya pretty clean with the FOUR BATHS (sic) he says you have. :D

Mobi

Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed? or has the missus cut you off the horizontal jogging :D

Sorry fourbaht, I take it back. :D

Maybe it's agood idea to look at the Pattaya prospective on this.

The wife's away, and I'm hung over :D What's your excuse?

What's with this awayfoe guy? Hope he isn't a visa running English teacher :o

Well you must be keeping Pattaya pretty clean with the FOUR BATHS (sic) he says you have. :D

Excellent Mobi.. I have no excuse except I like taking trhe wee out of people sometimes.. No hard feelings and my post to you was light hearted. We have met remember so I know you are a grumpy old git all the time .. :D Just kidding

I think there will be changes, however as usual after a few months there will be all sorts of "Inventive" ways for people to do what they need to do. Be it multi Partner Companies etc etc, there is always a way around this.

While things get settled, obviously those spending the money in Patty or wherever will have to spend it elsewhere, whilst they are sorting their life issues.

I had to laugh this morning, I was at Soi Suan Phlu to show a colleague how to do his 90 day reporting, and this guy about 55 turned up to do his 90 day reporting, only problem was he was on 90 days ov oversaty.

This topic about the so called new visa rules would have to be the hottest topic I have ever seen on TV. Yes it is going to affect a lot of people in Thailand both Thais and foreigners. It will have an effect on the real estate market in the pattaya area weather it be in buying or renting. The long term affect is yet to be seen. They were trying to enforce this ruling a couple of years ago but when the tsumi hit they stopped because it was going to affect their tourism too much. So here we go again.

Now can someone please tell who let this looney "awayfoe" out of his cage???? :o

This topic about the so called new visa rules would have to be the hottest topic I have ever seen on TV. Yes it is going to affect a lot of people in Thailand both Thais and foreigners. It will have an effect on the real estate market in the pattaya area weather it be in buying or renting. The long term affect is yet to be seen. They were trying to enforce this ruling a couple of years ago but when the tsumi hit they stopped because it was going to affect their tourism too much. So here we go again.

Now can someone please tell who let this looney "awayfoe" out of his cage???? :o

It`s almost as though the Thai government want to slow down the growth of the property market. We recently had the clamp down on the company route on property purchase and now we`ve got this restriction on the renewals of the tourist visa.

I cannot see what advantage will be gained by this restriction.

The disadvantage will of course be that many farang who have gone down the visa run route will be spending their money in neighbouring countries and not in Pattaya or Thailand and would be investors to Thailand bringing in Foreign currency will be thinking twice as they wonder what the next round of restrictions will bring.

Having said all that the government may well change it`s mind or relax these new measures once the implications become apparent.

Loads of the so called 'cheap charlies' are helping the nightlife part of Patters though the low season. My thought is, if they aren't there, Pattaya will 'die off' in the low season, and just be worthwhile in the eyes of businesses during the high season.

Do we like to see shutters all over town during the low season ?

Some ppl should think twice before they post stupid remarks about the 'cheap charlies'.

:o

Peter

I know this is being discussed elsewhere but as it affects Pattaya probably more than most cities I just wondered what every ones views were on how the new regulations affect the city we call home.

very good news for thailand !

same rules in europe (shengen visa) usa canada australia all golf country ............................

why thailand must be the rubish can of the world ??

better to clean !!

Good point awayfoe

With a glut of condo the rents and selling prices might go down.....good for renters and those who have not bought a condo yet.......bad for those who just bought a condo. Also, if the economy takes a dive the exchange rate might get better.

I have never understood why people who stay in Thailand a long time use 30 day entry without visa, when other options are available. I am under 50, do not work and do not have a Thai wife. I have lived here for four years. In a year that I go back to be UK a get a one year multi entry non-immigrant visa from Hull. If I do not go to the UK I get a triple entry tourist visa in Penang. There is nothing to suggest that either of these options will disappear. In my view cheaper and much less hassel than monthly "visa" runs

I have never understood why people who stay in Thailand a long time use 30 day entry without visa, when other options are available. I am under 50, do not work and do not have a Thai wife. I have lived here for four years. In a year that I go back to be UK a get a one year multi entry non-immigrant visa from Hull. If I do not go to the UK I get a triple entry tourist visa in Penang. There is nothing to suggest that either of these options will disappear. In my view cheaper and much less hassel than monthly "visa" runs

Actually, the writing is on the wall about serial tourist visas from places like Penang. It is unclear yet whether that will tighten or not, but the new rules are clearly targetting permanant tourists ...

As far as consistently getting one year multi O's, I get the impression that is easier to get from the UK than other countries. You couldn't exactly guarantee being able to get a new one every year. They ask for a REASON, yes?????

I didn't vote (null vote) because I have a Non Imm Visa and yearly extensions... so none of the options applied to me. I did the tourist visa thing for a long time when I first got here, so I can imagine the concerns of many.

May want to modify the poll to include a category for peopple who are not affected / already have visas.

more bad news!

From Sunbelt

As of October 1, 2006 the 3 million baht investment visa will also no longer be available

This includes bank investments, condominium investments, and bond investments.

Not only will it NOT be issued, but you CANNOT renew your current investment visa on this basis.

The official statement from Thai immigration is expected this week

Edited by BKK90210

I voted for the last option, but I definately have to withdraw that vote since I'm on a 3 mill. investment visa up for renewal in 6 weeks... :o:D:D

<deleted> is going on here, there's loads of people with a decent chunk of their cash tied up in expensive condo's, who just became part of the "undesirable" group!

Edited by monty

Yes, I don't understand why some people rely on continuous 30 day entry visas. I suspect that some (of them) (although I am sure a small percentage) cannot return to the U.K. (or home country) for legal reasons and that they maybe 'on the run': (But not for a very serious crime).

Plus; they might not want to 'chance' departure/arrival by flight to Penang either. Some of these 'new' Cambodia border crossings, I doubt even have a telephone wire or a computer connection.

That poll could have been set up a lot better. Eye did a null vote too. I mean u basically have a I-dont-give-a-rat's-ass option, a panic option or I'm a criminal option. Lousy job OP. I'm hear on a retirement visa butt eye think this shakeup blows. One can only wonder who or what will be next