Thaksin worried his sister won’t get fair trial

The charges never should have been filed. How can it now become fair? Dismiss the charges.

Start fresh. Whatever back room deal needs to be made . . . make it and get on with it.

Pray tell, what's wrong with the charges? "negligence" with regards to a self-financing RPPS which lost 700 billion Baht. Mind you, like me you might think a more correct charge would have been "criminally defrauding the Nation".

When considering that the total moneys "lost" through the rice scam, divided by the amount of eligible participating farmers, comes to an amount lost per farmer greater than the cost of a brand new Ferrari, well, you can't help smell a rat really! I wonder how popular Thaksin would be if he had used taxpayers money to buy every poor(but not very poor as the very poor were not eligible to join the scam) farmer a brand new Ferrari? And to think some forumers claim that no money is missing and all charges should be dropped.

Yaowapa's role in the whole scam should be uncovered shortly. Was it not accepted that Yaowapa was the onshore architect of the scam and had inserted her sock puppets to be the scam's leaders. Boonsong Teriyapirom in particular who was elevated to commerce minister to do her bidding.

................."And to think some forumers claim that no money is missing and all charges should be dropped."...........................

Some forumers are trolls or have no brains.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This headline brought a smile to my face. No one knows the Thai " justice"

system better than Thaksin, as he manipulated the system to his heart's

content. So now he is worried about the outcome regarding his sister....

Too funny for words..... cheesy.gif

What, imo he REALLY means is the chances of her getting off by throwing large chunks of wedge at the defence is slim !!! I suppose at least she aint doing what the red bull arse hole's doing, so in that sense fair play to her,, well,,,,, atm that is.

Edited by rijit

- forget the period of austerity after the 1997 crisis and before Thaksin got himself elected

- forget the global economical boom

- forget the crackdown on mafia crime, but ask for Pol. Captain Chalerm's 90-day accomplishment report

- forget the 30 Baht as it costs 80 Baht to administer

- forget the farmers loans, as they cannot repay anyway and are getting deper and deeper in debt

- etc., etc.

Oh and to stay on topic

- forget the tearful admission in 2001 to have made an honest mistake as that suggest not even Thaksin got a fair trial.

The ironic thing is the one crime where Thaksin was guilty (in 2001), he was acquitted.

Everything since then has been a farce. Just like what is in store for his sister. The elitists are still chasing that ghost trying to prove a negative…

I think going to jail for actions is pretty fair

I agree. The problem here is they want her to go to jail for intangable non-actions.

Actually for tangible, alleged actions. With thanks to Ms. Yingluck for frequently going on record stating such.

Perhaps some of these questions have being answered in this thread, but are difficult to find among all the bickering

and off topic remarks, some of which I confess I am also guilty of.

But I dont understand this,

perhaps some one can explain it to me

Why is Yingluck being prosecuted?

She like many other politicians in this and other countries, entered in to a scheme, that turned out to be a failure.

are they suggesting she knew it would fail but did it anyway?

Are they suggesting that politicians must guaranty the success of their policies?

are they suggesting the scheme failed do to corruption on her part,and she is not prosecuted for the rice scheme

but for the corruption, and if so what are the corruption allegations?

I agree. The problem here is they want her to go to jail for intangable non-actions.

Actually for tangible, alleged actions. With thanks to Ms. Yingluck for frequently going on record stating such.

But she she's a known liar, who said she was doing the job she was elected to do. The "intangible inactions" are actually the defined duties of the position she held.

The ironic thing is the one crime where Thaksin was guilty (in 2001), he was acquitted.

Everything since then has been a farce. Just like what is in store for his sister. The elitists are still chasing that ghost trying to prove a negative…

Until he returns to face trial, you have no idea of the evidence against him, only some vague sycophantic refusal to accept that the man is a life-long criminal.

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

One post removed.

- forget the period of austerity after the 1997 crisis and before Thaksin got himself elected

- forget the crackdown on mafia crime, but ask for Pol. Captain Chalerm's 90-day accomplishment report

- forget the farmers loans, as they cannot repay anyway and are getting deper and deeper in debt

- etc., etc.

Oh and to stay on topic

- forget the tearful admission in 2001 to have made an honest mistake as that suggest not even Thaksin got a fair trial.

Your becoming quite good at twisting things, to the point where your untruthful.

You omit to mention that one of the judges (2001) after the event said publically that regardless of the evidence he just couldn't vote guilty because the man had just won an election.

So much for justice, so much for proper application of the law, so much for judges making decisions by proper judis prudence.

Brings back memories of millions of baht in a donut box.

But perhaps you like donuts?

Perhaps some of these questions have being answered in this thread, but are difficult to find among all the bickering

She like many other politicians in this and other countries, entered in to a scheme, that turned out to be a failure.

Are they suggesting that politicians must guaranty the success of their policies?

are they suggesting the scheme failed do to corruption on her part,and she is not prosecuted for the rice scheme

Just Google it, you would have found the answers in the time it took you to post, or at least read the other posts on here. Reading something answers a lot and you might even find some unbiased reports.

Edited by Si Thea01

Just Google it, you would have found the answers in the time it took you to post, or at least read the other posts on here. Reading something answers a lot and you might even find some unbiased reports.

what do we need this forum when we can just Google it

Thank you so much for your suggestion

You say 'intangible non-actions'.

The law and many others call it 'criminal dereliction of duty'.

Quite some difference.

Edited by scorecard

You say 'intangible non-actions'.

The law and many others call it 'criminal dereliction of duty'.

Quite some difference.

......................"intangable non-actions".......................... cheesy.gif

db has gone from writing absolute bs to writing colorful fantasy. At the end of the day it is still untrue, and when she goes down her farang supporters will abandon her and jump on some other bandwagon.

Cannot wait.

surely it did have credence in that it was intented to help the poorer farmers than it was a good thing that part for me cant be critised. excuse my ignorance but wasnt it like a 'huge punt' on the futures market? trouble was it was announced in advance to the market and hense the chances of it 'succeding ' ie making money were always gonna be tuf.

Credence? Because that's what PTP said it was intended to do? If a few provisions to assist that aim, like a rent freeze on farm land, and/or a restriction on the amount of paddy submitted or the area of farm entitled to join the scheme, then it might actually have helped some "poorer farmers".

This was a poorly conceived and hugely expensive vote-buying scheme that was particularly successful with the targeted bloc - the poor, uneducated and gullible.

yeah thats a worry and needs addressing lets c what the army boys come up with as you say they obviousely need help. not sure anything but heavy state pay outs and or new education posibilties would help them

yeah thats a worry and needs addressing lets c what the army boys come up with as you say they obviousely need help. not sure anything but heavy state pay outs and or new education posibilties would help them

If they really wanted to help the poor farmers there must have been a better way to help them.

When you consider what the rice scheme cost I would have rather seen cash put in the poor farmers pockets than millers and wharehouse owners having their way with it.

The other ongoing downside is the prices the farmers received for their last crop, it was down compared to previous years and they are blaming the rice scheme for the drop in prices.

It's going to take a long time for this problem to go away.

- etc., etc.

Oh and to stay on topic

The ultimate example of cluthing at straws ! clap2.gif

So tell me TV posters. Why has no arrest warrant been issued thru interpol for this man. He apparently robbed the country of billions of baht but no international arrest warrant but meanwhile the other dude from KTML or whatever it's called had an arrest warrant issued through interpol immediately. ??????

Because had had videos of a certain person doing things that are unspeakable of for that unnameable person.

He could ruin an entire dynasty if pushed too far.

So tell me TV posters. Why has no arrest warrant been issued thru interpol for this man. He apparently robbed the country of billions of baht but no international arrest warrant but meanwhile the other dude from KTML or whatever it's called had an arrest warrant issued through interpol immediately. ??????

Who cares? He's undeniably an extreme hiso, and the very epitome of the eliteness his sympathizers are so addicted to accusing his opposition of. The self-imposed exile isn't anyone's definition of the imprisonment he's worked so hard for, but still it "works" in the way some things just do here. I can see many simply seeing more advantage in his digging an ever deeper hole abroad than agitating from one back home. What point to involving Interpol and inviting largely ignorant international static?

Edited by hawker9000