Should I Get Married?

Should I Get Married?---EmptyHead

Dear Thai-Visa My girlfriend says that I can never solve any of my own problems.

How do I prove her wrong?............................coffee1.gif

Edited by sanuk711

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we got married it didn’t really change us but it did change the way the world looked at us and related to us. I think it was not only beneficial to her but it caused people to look at me differently as well. In my experience it was a small price to pay to for the resulting payoff.

I had been single in Thailand for twenty years prior and now I have been with my wife for eighteen years, married for sixteen of those. Again, marriage did not change us, it changed other people.

Thanks for your comments. smile.png

To those who think I should give her more money, how much do you think is enough? Did you miss the part about her owning every single asset in our lives?

People on this forum seem to miss the point so often ,lets do some people bashing instead of constructive conversation , I have done the same for my GF , now my wife , I send her daughter 2000 baht a month for her extended schooling and that's all I give "in cash" but I pay for everything and she, my wife, hasn't worked since we where married not a bad deal I think , House, Land ,Car ect. But TV people seem to think you need to give 20,000 a month as well , good luck with your relationships if they need that kind of financial support.

It really all has to do with legalities . Visa for her and Residency for you .

The value of the land has be be split 50 50 The child has more legal rights with you if you are married as well

There are many You have to ask yourself to weight the benefits of marriage

Just when you think you've seen it all. along comes a guy who makes Scrooge looke like Santa asking people whose only known chat up line is"how much?" if he should get married.

I hate to think how you go about choosing which socks to wear every morning

Seriously; as you seem to be in it for the duration, would marriage help with any future visa application for your wife and child?

To those who think I should give her more money, how much do you think is enough? Did you miss the part about her owning every single asset in our lives?

OP,

Get married with her, its "the" way to show her and her family that you really care about her and your child.

As your posting reveals, you have a great family...

Marriage will not make that worse, it will become more better...

Raise your child together, live an respectful life...

worried about benefits ? Plenty benefits

Money ? spent your money wise on your mutual life with her and your child

The one that should be asking that question is really your GF!!

3k baht a month in pocket money and she even have to pretend to be overwhelmed by your generosity!!

Marry her tomorrow, you will never find another Thai woman settling for peanuts......................coffee1.gif

I think that it must be noted that 3,000 baht a month " cash in hand " is more than generous in this third world country.Guys ( i mean viewers..) that is enough money to feed myself for a whole month here in Thailand!

I think it would be useful for some of our " Thai Visa members " to actually spend some time and stay in some of these villages in the real Thailand to understand how cheap the cost of living really is here.

Canary Sun ( tweet tweet ) x

P.S Don't marry her...

Marriage is for peace of mind especially for your child and as for being husband and wife after living together for years things don't change . Life goes on.

The other alternative is you make a will between you both so anything happen to either of you you can make claims to your property and bank accounts etc..

The one that should be asking that question is really your GF!!

3k baht a month in pocket money and she even have to pretend to be overwhelmed by your generosity!!

Marry her tomorrow, you will never find another Thai woman settling for peanuts......................coffee1.gif

mmm she,s probably super happy she aint with no thai guy...ol needle dick hahahahahaha

When respondents talk about "cheap labour to raise the children", it becomes crystal clear why the OP erred in seeking advice on this subject from mostly dysfunctional men who still believe that a woman should have one arm chained to the bed and the other to the cooker.

If you love her,i would say yes,recently i had a crazed drunken interlude in which i demanded her father move out of his room behind the house,i threw things at the room which missed,i was like bobby Zamora[you know,if your sat in row z and the ball hits your head,it's Zamora],anyway,if she had been my gf,she could have tossed me out next day,but as a husband different,i refused the divorce demand and everything settled down after my grovelling apologies,much easier for her to turf you if not married,also you get 50% of everything you have put into the marriage,and boy do i have some invoices.

Welcome to life with the Sword of Damocles hanging over your head

If she holds down a job she don't need any money from you, if there isn't a reason why she should have a job tell her to get one, 2015 now it's a modern world, for the blokes who like to pay there women often it's a control thing, importance of self and all that sort of stuff, I just don't get paying your gf or wife never have never will.

My mother didn't work. She took care of the home, the kids and my father. My father gave her his paycheck on Friday afternoons and she took care of all the family finances. When she died my father had to learn how to write a check. My GF of two years takes care of the house, the garden and me. We live in Phuket but she owns a 20 rai farm up north. I give her 14K a month, She sends 6k a month to the village to take care of her 95 year old Mum. She has been offered a job on several occasions. I said do what you want but reminded her she would take a pay cut. She makes and sells silk pillows for a little extra spending money. I am happy to support her in what seems an old fashioned relationship where I provide and she takes care of me and the home. I have already told her I don't want to get married again, I am 73 and she 53. We aren't going to have children and I can leave her everything in my will. Seems to work for us. I have friend whose wife goes to work in the afternoon and comes home after midnight. She makes more money than him. I prefer my arrangement where I have my girl 24/7 except for the three one month periods when she goes home to take care of things on the farm.

When respondents talk about "cheap labour to raise the children", it becomes crystal clear why the OP erred in seeking advice on this subject from mostly dysfunctional men who still believe that a woman should have one arm chained to the bed and the other to the cooker.

If you love her,i would say yes,recently i had a crazed drunken interlude in which i demanded her father move out of his room behind the house,i threw things at the room which missed,i was like bobby Zamora[you know,if your sat in row z and the ball hits your head,it's Zamora],anyway,if she had been my gf,she could have tossed me out next day,but as a husband different,i refused the divorce demand and everything settled down after my grovelling apologies,much easier for her to turf you if not married,also you get 50% of everything you have put into the marriage,and boy do i have some invoices.

I see you have stuck your head out from the ivory tower again,i did the wrong thing i apologised for it,the difference is i admit i am not perfect,where you always make it quite clear you are,well good luck to you Ch,but i would rather be me than you.

Just because u r dysfunctional CH, doesn't make all the members here the same as you.

OP, so e say marriage is a fine institution. I say who wants to live in a institution ;)

Edited by neverdie

Just because u r dysfunctional CH, doesn't make all the members here the same as you.

OP, so e say marriage is a fine institution. I say who wants to live in a institution wink.png

Problem here is Nd,that our friend Ch,see's himself as the norm,and most posters/people/humans would disagree on that,as we can all see he is as far from normal as is possible.

OP, so e say marriage is a fine institution. I say who wants to live in a institution wink.png

Problem here is Nd,that our friend Ch,see's himself as the norm,and most posters/people/humans would disagree on that,as we can all see he is as far from normal as is possible.

OK well I just made an observation which, if you're being honest, describes your situation very accurately

Try to make this about me if you like but I'm not derailing the thread arguing with you and the keystone cop

No it does not reflect my situation accaurtley at all,i can walk anytime,but i love my wife,so it may not be perfect regarding the fil,but as you do in a marriage,one has to compromise,there's no sword of Damocles,however you may like to imagine it,you are obviously an intelligent guy Ch,i just do not understand why you have to take this stance of superiority,to everyone else.

Edited by marko kok prong

at least 10K, all expenses on yor side. In order not to lose assets aso, marriage is a good option.

Me thinks if you have to ask a bunch of strangers whether you should get married or not.... that's not a great start for a life long relationship for either yourself or your good lady. Every woman deserves better than that.

Edited by dotpoom

Me thinks if you have to ask a bunch of strangers whether you should get married or not.... that's not a great start for a life long relationship for either yourself or your good lady. Every woman deserves better than that.

The clue is in his name