Video: Thai PM: I have never been against democracy

I don't think most Thai people want democracy nor even know what it is. I don 't think they care one way or the other as long as life goes on.

The ones spewing about reinstalling the corrupt government in the name of democracy are acting on behalf of themselves and personal gain.

As far as the ol' #44 goes, how about Obama giving himself absolute power over everything including personal property, food, vehicles, bank accounts, the power systems, police etc etc etc ad nauseum.

Britain is not a democracy and the US is far from a democracy, so maybe they should shut their pie holes and let the peace in Thailand continue. bah.gif

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Democratic elections leading to elected politicians robbing the country, has nothing to do with democracy!

Yes it does. The clue is in the words 'Democratic' and 'Elections' that you just used.

I don't think most Thai people want democracy nor even know what it is. I don 't think they care one way or the other as long as life goes on.

The ones spewing about reinstalling the corrupt government in the name of democracy are acting on behalf of themselves and personal gain.

As far as the ol' #44 goes, how about Obama giving himself absolute power over everything including personal property, food, vehicles, bank accounts, the power systems, police etc etc etc ad nauseum.

Britain is not a democracy and the US is far from a democracy, so maybe they should shut their pie holes and let the peace in Thailand continue. bah.gif

What an arrogant post!!

I don't think most Thai people want democracy nor even know what it is.

So according to Mr Selfinflated-high-opinion about-himself, the Thai people are too stupid to vote??

And to some posters here, it might come as a surprise, that the world is not only US and Britain!!

You have some very vibrant and well-working democracies in many European countries, The Scandinavian countries and Holland come to mind!!

I have also never been against democracy, as long as the right people are elected. Otherwise, we need another coup! Number 19 is lucky after all, so maybe then it will work out so number twenty and twenty one are also ok.

At least now it's much better then the so called "democracy" from previous government, the thai military have Thailand in their heart, the previous police mafia dominated "government" only had money and corruption at their best interest.

In last decade, nothing has been done as much as in the last 1 year.

As long as this man stay in power, Thailand will progress.

And how do you know all this, or are you simply passing off your own personal opinions as facts?

Democratic elections leading to elected politicians robbing the country, has nothing to do with democracy!

But at least with elections the people have a say in, who they want to steal from them!!

Hope you are not that naive, that you believe the present rulers and their lackeys are squeaky clean??

Just like any another politicians (elected or not) they are fighting to keep their noses in the trough.

And with even less media-check now, they are sadly getting away with it!!

There is a lot of unpopular truth in what you said. I don't agree with you, in particular, but do agree with you generally. Unfortunately, generally is not General Prayuth. Before Thaksin's policy of health care, a 100 baht system they are desperately trying to dismantle, the hospitals held poor people ransom for their lives. Much after that was a real screw fest, but I refuse to see anyone one-dimension-ally, no matter the populist opinion at the time.

He did some very good things and some very bad things. That is the truth. PM Prayuth is just a stabilizing factor because the elites never realized how much money was in telecom before Thaksin made billions (and they will never forgive him for their own ignorance), and by then it was too late. Money is like water and forms a power channel, gets deeper every day. These shadow figures behind the scenes, see no need to be informed of current affairs, or even technology. In their minds they were pre-destined for power and all else is just bad karma.

The dinosaurs are committing suicide, as they dine on lobster and Aussie steak (the best in the world). It grieves me to see this happen. No new players means the game is just perpetuation.....

What utter nonsense people spout. We do not have democracy in our own countries. Just criminal cabals looting the country in plain sight providing a circus called elections. Two wings of the same corporate bird. The Occupy movement were clubbed like baby seals. Protesters are corralled into 'Free Speech Zones'.

Non-Thais should pipe down and let the PM keep improving the country as he is doing. wai2.gif

... But it is fine for you to express your opinion, of course. Just not those who disagree with you.

Is he competing with Thaksin by giving this interview?

But Taksing is by far much more popular than this self-elected coup-maker primer minister!

Says who? Do you have any links to figures?

BTW his name is actually Thaksin Shinawatra. It was spelt correctly in the post you answered.

But Taksing is by far much more popular than this self-elected coup-maker primer minister!

BTW his name is actually Thaksin Shinawatra. It was spelt correctly in the post you answered.

Are such figures allowed to be compiled? An honest question.

At least now it's much better then the so called "democracy" from previous government, the thai military have Thailand in their heart, the previous police mafia dominated "government" only had money and corruption at their best interest.

"At least now it's much better then the so called "democracy" from previous government, the thai military have Thailand in their heart," - before making a comment like that, may I suggest a crash course in Thai history?

What utter nonsense people spout. We do not have democracy in our own countries. Just criminal cabals looting the country in plain sight providing a circus called elections. Two wings of the same corporate bird. The Occupy movement were clubbed like baby seals. Protesters are corralled into 'Free Speech Zones'.

Non-Thais should pipe down and let the PM keep improving the country as he is doing. wai2.gif

What country are you from

There was an election....actually there were about 3 elections.....

I was the only one that could deal with the problems facing Thailand at this time, under the legal system of this country.

A pity that the interview was dubbed with an English translator voice which made it impossible to hear exactly what our PM had to say when he pointed to the problems that the country faced when the coup took place. The translation given above confused me a bit when looking at the constitution that was in place when the coup took place.

Maybe some of the forum members can help me out on that.

He said: "Thailand was on the edge of the abyss and we made a great leap forward!"

communism is still alive then in your weird World

If he thinks he can "out-charisma" Thaksin, he may be in for a bit of a wake-up call.

You call what that sniveling little worm Thaksin exudes "charisma" ? You have got to be joking. bah.gif

I was the only one that could deal with the problems facing Thailand at this time, under the legal system of this country.

A pity that the interview was dubbed with an English translator voice which made it impossible to hear exactly what our PM had to say when he pointed to the problems that the country faced when the coup took place. The translation given above confused me a bit when looking at the constitution that was in place when the coup took place.

He said: "Thailand was on the edge of the abyss and we made a great leap forward!"

Not an answer that I was expecting. What was on my mind is that Thai is a bit confusing for foreigners when it comes to past, present or future tenses as for Thais that try and struggle with English and that is the reason why I asked. If he was referring to the current legal system he is correct but if he referred to the past legal system he is incorrect.

Nothing to do with my political affiliation since I am not in favour of any political party in my country since none of them ever addressed the equality of women; meaning to buy property without having to ask a husband and requiring his signature and other laws that make life for women more difficult as for men.

Any party that doesn’t address that issue in my eyes doesn’t really stand for democracy and that will also apply for the current authorities if they forget to enshrine the equality of women into the new constitution.

From a point of a woman nothing has changed during the last 5 administrations - Thailand is and still will be world dominated by men with women only playing the second fiddle. Not really the democracy that is on my mind.

Not an answer that I was expecting. What was on my mind is that Thai is a bit confusing for foreigners when it comes to past, present or future tenses as for Thais that try and struggle with English and that is the reason why I asked. If he was referring to the current legal system he is correct but if he referred to the past legal system he is incorrect.

Nothing to do with my political affiliation since I am not in favour of any political party in my country since none of them ever addressed the equality of women; meaning to buy property without having to ask a husband and requiring his signature and other laws that make life for women more difficult as for men.

Any party that doesnt address that issue in my eyes doesnt really stand for democracy and that will also apply for the current authorities if they forget to enshrine the equality of women into the new constitution.

From a point of a woman nothing has changed during the last 5 administrations - Thailand is and still will be world dominated by men with women only playing the second fiddle. Not really the democracy that is on my mind.

You need your husband's permission to buy stuff? Bloody hell, the Flintstones are clearly the ones in charge of Thailand!

If he thinks he can "out-charisma" Thaksin, he may be in for a bit of a wake-up call.

You call what that sniveling little worm Thaksin exudes "charisma" ? You have got to be joking. bah.gif

Not granting your enemies any credit is a weakness of yours on the political battlefield if I may say so. Look at Hitler - charisma personified, but that doesn't mean he was a nice fella. Likewise your old mate Thaksin... Edited by baboon

Prayuth may actually be making a honest personally statement. Kind of admitting that the coup was not his making but directed or ordered by others. Think he is trying to say something covertly.

So you are suggesting that Prayut has a hidden deep side??

He is doing a excellent job of hiding it from the public!!thumbsup.gif

But your post raises an interesting question: Who gives orders to the Chief of Armed Forces??.............

The police mafia haven't gone anywhere, they are still here and much alive, they just have a new Don. The Thai mob are going nowhere in the near or extended future it's just that the family has grown a little.