New Foodland in NaJomtien near Huay Yai Road and Sukhumvit

craigt3365

Saw this the other day. Yahoo! Even the restaurant Took Lae Dee will be there! Yipee!

Just south of the Huay Yai traffic lights, on the left as you are headed South. You can see the Ambassador on the right side of the pic. It seems to be just before Alankarn.

post-5869-0-26364900-1432528989_thumb.jp

I don't know. There is a big empty lot right there. We've heard rumors of a super market coming in around here for the past few years. We've gotten this from our neighbors who own about 40 rai of land right in that area. They've been approached by many different companies over the years. Even a hospital was negotiating with them.

I wouldn't think they'd put this sign all the way down here for the store on Thepprasit. Maybe at the intersection of Thepprasit and Suk, but not down here in the boonies! 55555

We're keeping our fingers crossed it will be done before the Klang underpass is finished.

I wouldn't think they'd put this sign all the way down here for the store on Thepprasit. Maybe at the intersection of Thepprasit and Suk, but not down here in the boonies!

Hmm, this reminds me of the giant signs everywhere, even in Laem Chabang / Sri Racha a few years ago..

Opening soon:

SEA's biggest IT Mall at Pattaya Klang (the empty lot near Foodland).

And we all know what happened.

biggrin.png

Good news indeed, but as I live in Soi Chaiyapruek I have to fight the traffic to get there, no worse than going to Big C I suppose.

Edited by balo

I wouldn't think they'd put this sign all the way down here for the store on Thepprasit. Maybe at the intersection of Thepprasit and Suk, but not down here in the boonies!

Hmm, this reminds me of the giant signs everywhere, even in Laem Chabang / Sri Racha a few years ago..

Opening soon:

biggrin.png

Did that sign say Pattaya Klang? If so, makes sense. This sign didn't indicate a specific location.

Good news indeed, but as I live in Soi Chaiyapruek I have to fight the traffic to get there, no worse than going to Big C I suppose.

Traffic is getting worse and worse here. That's for sure. At least Foodland will be an alternavie to Tesco and Big C???? Or at least a decent, inexpensive restaurant?

Opening soon:

Have you been past there recently? There's a big new building going up, and the concrete work looks almost done. My bet is that it will indeed be that TukCom, as advertised.

We'll see soon enough.

Opening soon:

Have you been past there recently? There's a big new building going up, and the concrete work looks almost done. My bet is that it will indeed be that TukCom, as advertised.

We'll see soon enough.

It's a Harbor Mall, same as there is one in Laem Chabang, the sign is at the streetside for some time already.

I think to recall that somehow there is a connection between Harbor Mall and Tukcom

Opening soon:

biggrin.png

Did that sign say Pattaya Klang? If so, makes sense. This sign didn't indicate a specific location.

Traffic is getting worse and worse here. That's for sure. At least Foodland will be an alternavie to Tesco and Big C???? Or at least a decent, inexpensive restaurant?

Do you ever try the Lotus in Ban Chang...makes a pleasant change sometimes....?

It's a Harbor Mall, same as there is one in Laem Chabang, the sign is at the streetside for some time already.

I think to recall that somehow there is a connection between Harbor Mall and Tukcom

Isn't the Si Racha TukCom also a Harbor Mall? I've been in there once or twice.

I lose track of these names but that new building certainly looks like it could be a TukCom to me.

Isn't the Si Racha TukCom also a Harbor Mall? I've been in there once or twice.

I lose track of these names but that new building certainly looks like it could be a TukCom to me.

No the Sriracha one is a Tukcom. There is a Harbor mall in Laem Chabang and I think one in Bang Saen.

I now remember that a few years ago there were several banners from Harbor Mall inside the Pattaya Tukcom, so it may be the same group.

How long has the Theppressit sign been in place? Good luck everyone. We don't have $HIT in Jomtien or Na Jomtien. Not even a gas station. We need something similar to Royal Garden in S Jomtien or there abouts.

How long has the Theppressit sign been in place? Good luck everyone. We don't have $HIT in Jomtien or Na Jomtien. Not even a gas station. We need something similar to Royal Garden in S Jomtien or there abouts.

The owner from Decorum, which is located right opposite the plot, told me about a month ago that they had built workers camp on the land.

May be some smart one put the billboard at the wrong location.

Read the post in the Pizzahut thread where the thought Boon Samphan was in Naklua.

there is a wat boon samphan in naklua

Wat boon samphan is off soi Kao Noi and Soi Khao Talo.

Soi Boon Samphan rund from sukhumvit to jomtien second road.

Read the post in the Pizzahut thread where the thought Boon Samphan was in Naklua.

I thought that was Soi Bun Kanchana west of Sukhumvit?

Edited by LennyW

I don't know. There is a big empty lot right there. We've heard rumors of a super market coming in around here for the past few years. We've gotten this from our neighbors who own about 40 rai of land right in that area. They've been approached by many different companies over the years. Even a hospital was negotiating with them.

I wouldn't think they'd put this sign all the way down here for the store on Thepprasit. Maybe at the intersection of Thepprasit and Suk, but not down here in the boonies! 55555

We're keeping our fingers crossed it will be done before the Klang underpass is finished.

You could walk there!

I hope they come to Ban Chang soon, saves even more driving ;-)

Opening soon:

biggrin.png

Just be thankful it is Foodland and not Villa, especially if you like tins of cornbeef.

Boonies is correct. There is nothing out there ... a long way to go if you want an alternative to Tesco and Big C south. I think it's a very strange site for such a supermarket. Foodland's main clientele is foreigners, most of whom live a bit closer to Jomtien/Pattaya, I would have thought. Let's not forget Villa had a store in Khao Noi (aka Soi Wat Bunsampan) where there is a fair concentration of foreigners. Yet it failed.

It would be great if they built something about the size of Central Center in the south Jomtien/NaJomtien area. An indoor shopping center with a large grocery store, movie theater, and some shops and restaurants. Doesn't have to be as big as Central Festival but with all the development that's going in around south Jomtien and beyond there are certainly enough people in this surrounding area to support a small indoor mall.

Boonies is correct. There is nothing out there ... a long way to go if you want an alternative to Tesco and Big C south. I think it's a very strange site for such a supermarket. Foodland's main clientele is foreigners, most of whom live a bit closer to Jomtien/Pattaya, I would have thought. Let's not forget Villa had a store in Khao Noi (aka Soi Wat Bunsampan) where there is a fair concentration of foreigners. Yet it failed.

There are many foreigners living south of Pattaya and with the ever increasing traffic situation in Pattaya this could very well work. Najomtien with places like Ban Saree, Huay Yai, Ban Amphur, etc. Has countless villages and condos with a lot of foreigners. I bet even many people from Jomtien will go to this location. It will take some of the public that comes to the current Central Pattaya location, but with the IT mall opening next to it it will be hard to get there.

There are many foreigners living south of Pattaya and with the ever increasing traffic situation in Pattaya this could very well work. Najomtien with places like Ban Saree, Huay Yai, Ban Amphur, etc. Has countless villages and condos with a lot of foreigners. I bet even many people from Jomtien will go to this location. It will take some of the public that comes to the current Central Pattaya location, but with the IT mall opening next to it it will be hard to get there.

I agree , nothing wrong with the location really , if it wasnt for the traffic it would normally have been a 5-10 minutes ride from Jomtien - A lot of foreigners lives in NaJomtien , we also have a lot of Russians here that lives in villages along Sukhumvit up to Ban Saree.. I live near sukhumvit myself and will certainly choose Foodland over Big C a few times.

I hope this is in addition to and does not replace the proposed Thepprasit location.

the advertisement doesn't say where !!

Sure not there were the billboard placed !!

Maybee thats the wish location of the OP

It is not called Soi Kao Noi it is called Soi Boonsampan i believe it was nick named Kao noi because it was all grass land at one time. Kao meaning green the Noi part i dont know. But green something anyway.