Maca

cdmtdm

i have been trialling Maca powder and i have to say the affect is almost instant , almost an immediate energy & mood enhancer , worth having a read about it on google , many links to this ancient sth american gem .... so far i rate it 9 out of 10 ....and available here in LOS ...i just added my powder to my juice and its actually quite an interesting taste addition ...

I think Maca is underestimated as a natural aphrodisiac for men and women, and for its great nutritional benefits. Most people get a great burst in energy and mental clarity...my advice is to start with smaller doses though.....

better not take too much or you will have so much sexual energy

they use a lot of maca in india ... is it a possible as a cause of many rapings as they get horny as hell and cannot control themselves + they see women as they slave / burder / cost

better not take too much or you will have so much sexual energy

they use a lot of maca in india ... is it a possible as a cause of many rapings as they get horny as hell and cannot control themselves + they see women as they slave / burder / cost

The most ridiculous post ever made I think, Maca causes rape give me a break, I doubt Maca is widely used in India, its a Peruvian product and you might find most people in India would have trouble affording it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Having just spent the last few months in the Peruvian Andes I decided to give maca a crack, as it s freely available in every shop I went to and was a breakfast staple for most Peruvians in the morning as it can be served hot with evaporated milk. I wan up near Sierra de Pasco, which is at very high altitude and freezing, so the locals tuck into anything that helps the cope with the cold and low oxygen levels.

It certainly gave me energy but I think I overdosed on it and got a bit crook in the guts, so I stopped taking it. It pretty much lives up to the hype of what it supposedly does.

I used it as a substitute for coffee but I think that's where I went wrong. I think that I should have added it in smaller doses to more flavoursome things.

As a price comparison I paid about 400 baht for 1 kg of pure maca root, though I realise that as an imported product here that it's a lot more expensive.

Found it on Ebay.de for <30 Euros a kg. No to 200 gr rip off prices seen over here! First heard Frank Medrano mention it in a Youtube video, He's a Vegan bodybuilder or rather body weight fitness hero. Not sure I can find a label...

WLT try it sometime soon. Bought 1 kg Spirulina, have problems finding something to mix it in with.

Can recommend Psyllium Husk. I mix with cold milk, let it expand and then add lactobacillus casei drink for taste, treating it like pudding. (YMMV, but I like it better this way instead of drinking it down very quickly)

Many years ago a good friend of mine swore to the benifits of Macca root-he was in training for the 76 olympics and reached the final in the pole vault competition only to be let down by a soft inch in his last jump rolleyes.gif

Have been using a teaspoon of Maca powder twice a day for 3 days and can't say Ive noticed any difference in my energy levels yet. I will say it's not the most palatable thing I've tasted, in fact I have to mix it it with some chocolate milk to get it down!

I was taking about 3 tablespoons at a time and making a " cup of coffee like drink" with it.

The Peruvians told me not to take it raw as it doesn't work effectively and they actually boil it for a while to release the maca nutrients out, they don't eat the maca raw.

I found that when I cooked it up in. Saucepan I could bottle it and drink it over a couple of days, but it does taste foul and it started to ferment after a few days as then tastes rank.

When I was at work they cooked it up and added evaporated milk, hot water and sugar to it and had it as a morning energy drink.