General Cost of Daily Sundries

Gumballl

You don't seriously expect anyone to give you a detailed answer, do you?

All the items are more expensive than they were two years ago, The price of shrimps is variable and also depends on size.

Well, maybe back here in the US where everybody is stuck up. But jeez, I never expected trolls to be that way. I guess I learn something every day.

By the way, if you ever need help... seriously... just bleed on the side of the street.

What was that about? Do you expect people to walk around the market/Makro/BigC next time they go there, writing down the prices of this stuff? Your quaint little list has no relation to what it would cost to live in Thailand, everybody has a different situation. If you were to ask, 'can I live on ฿2000.- a day you might expect some intelligent answers, but telling you what shrimps cost when there are so many variables (I have seen prices from ฿190 to ฿390 recently) would be a waste of time. Many vegetables are cheaper in Makro than in the local market. And the other way around. I did offer the advice that things were more expensive than a few years ago, don't thank me for that.

Your remark about mom and pop stores: these are valued and appreciated by all of us but they are not cheaper than Makro, you have a lot to learn.

I don't think you will make it in Thailand with your attitude. By the way, if I see you on the other side of the street bleeding, I will come and help.

By the way, the relatives seem to belong to the bleeding group, where the OP seriously wouldn't help.

Much better that we won't see the guy, as he's in his air conditioned room, watching movies and listening to music.

He must have many stories to tell when he comes back to his job at Burger King's and spitting on peoples' onion rings, what he's experienced on his adventurous trip to Thailand...thumbsup.gif

For somebody visiting for only 3 weeks, you seem to have long term attitude for a short term vacation. Or have I missed something?

Yep. Seems that you've missed the plot.

The OP's only asking for primary expenses, already knowing that the secondary expenses will be massive.

Somebody in the family must have had an accident and stays at a very expensive hospital, of course will the OP pay for all bills.

After such a long time, motorbikes, cars, etc are worn out and the urgently needed replacement will -of course- be paid by such a generous OP.

When such guys visit the family, it's pretty common that the whole area will come by to celebrate with the "farang". The farang will be taken to a temple and a small donation of let's say 25 K will make sure that the plane on the flight back will constantlystay on the radar.

KFC, Pizza Hut, Company ans KM is a must visit, when a foreigner comes from a country, where ATM cards grow on trees.

Wifey lost some rice fields when she played cards with the local gamble mafia, but a farang can easily find the solution, pay the a 7-8 digit amount back and make all involved happy.

But considering that the rice seems to be cheaper in the States, the OP could bring a 20 kg sack as a present from America.

Almost forgot, the family somehow involved in rice farming needs a new Kubota, the old was modified into a car to get the kids to school.

Hmm, some family trips should be added, money isn't an issue at all. Life's great. . thumbsup.gif

Well, I sure hope my vacation is as exciting as your crystal ball has predicted it to be.

Typically, I just lounge in the air-conditioned house doing F-All, having drinks and either watching a movie or listening to music. My wife and kids are outside, sweating their rears off in the unrelenting heat -- simply because they choose to do so.

For the 3-week period, bets are that I will not have access to the internet, cable-TV, or even a bar of any sort, nor the opportunity to have an intelligent conversation (in English, of course)... all of which has its benefits.

Btw, for what it is worth, my wife's family never asks for any money. I guess I got lucky in that sense, unlike some of the active tossers here on TVF.

...... and you call that a vacation ?? biggrin.png

Only joking, I am sure it will be very relaxing.

It's my payback for purchasing the round-trip airfare for the family, and for lugging around the suitcases. It's all that I can hope for... total repressive solitude... almost like being in a max-security prison -- but with certain perks.

P.S. Maybe my answer above will shed light on why I was inquisitive about the cost of beer and the spirits. These are essential 'medicines' to numb the dole-drum of being in Isaan.

I get the impression you are one of the lost guys coming back to Thailand and all the years you never learned anything. Time doesn't stand still and what you know from the past is gone. Who shouldt bothered about your 3 weeks vaccation. Or you are so despatarete for money please wait 1 year or 2 before coming back.

Big C & Tesco Lotus have websites. Maybe that would help your shopping list???[emoji41]

I was looking for Mom & Pop store prices; I rarely go to the western stores to buy local products. But thanks anyhow; I will attempt to Google for the store sites.

Mate just expect 10% extra and that should more than cover it, hey if you have to penny pinch stay where you are.

You are taking the piss a little bit, mate. Pizza, one topping....seriously?

You forgot the price for a happy ending. And I ain't telling, you can just bargain like the rest of us.

And by the way:

sun·dry
ˈsəndrē/
noun
plural noun: sundries
various items not important enough to be mentioned individually. SO DON'T MENTION THEM INDIVIDUALLY!!!!!!

Big C & Tesco Lotus have websites. Maybe that would help your shopping list???[emoji41]

I was looking for Mom & Pop store prices; I rarely go to the western stores to buy local products. But thanks anyhow; I will attempt to Google for the store sites.

Mate just expect 10% extra and that should more than cover it, hey if you have to penny pinch stay where you are.

No, I don't really have to penny-pinch.

I just have to worry about the extra money to spend, while away on holiday, that I would not normally spend when at home.

At home, my bills are relatively small... unfortunately so is my take-home pay from work (approx $6000-$6500/mo):

House payment: $3000/mo

Fiber-optic cable TV and internal service: $167/mo

Mobile phone service: $181/mo

Gas/Electric service: $150/mo

Food and house goods: $1200/mo

Flight from US to BKK: $1500/pax

So as you can see, my bills do consume a lot of my income, and regardless of whether on holiday or not, they have to be paid.

Are you satisfied now that you know more details about me???? Does it make a difference in your life?

Let me guess... I make more money than you, I have a better job, a better quality of life than you??

You forgot the price for a happy ending. And I ain't telling, you can just bargain like the rest of us.

And by the way:

sun·dry
ˈsəndrē/
noun
various items not important enough to be mentioned individually. SO DON'T MENTION THEM INDIVIDUALLY!!!!!!

This is your first post in this thread, and this is the best advice you have got? Jeez, what utter loser you are. Go jack off in the back yard, and see if a snake bites you in the rear. Then you can post something worthwhile on TVF.

And by the way:

sun·dry
ˈsəndrē/
noun

This is your first post in this thread, and this is the best advice you have got? Jeez, what utter loser you are. Go jack off in the back yard, and see if a snake bites you in the rear. Then you can post something worthwhile on TVF.

Priceless :)

"Let me guess... I make more money than you, I have a better job, a better quality of life than you??"

Coming from a person who worries about sundries, this is rich, LOL.

Archived