Thai police charge four for using fake credit card

webfact

Police charge four for using fake credit card
The Nation

30261012-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Filipino man and his three Thai accomplices were arrested for allegedly using a fake credit card to purchase luxury goods online, police said yesterday.

The suspects - Filipino Leonado Junior Pajarillano, 39, his Thai wife Rungrawee Chaopaknam, 37, and her relatives Preeyanut Chaopaknam, 23 and Natthanai Rakyoo, 23 - were arrested on Monday.

Along with one fake credit card, police seized 21 smart phones and several luxury brand items worth Bt700,000.

Their arrests followed a police alert by a credit card company that a fake credit card was being used to buy online goods. The card's American holder was not the buyer.

The Filipino man claimed the card belonged to his customer, on behalf of whom he had just collected the items. The three Thais maintained their innocence, police said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Police-charge-four-for-using-fake-credit-card-30261012.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-27

Credit card fraud gang smashed

293421-imagejpeg-457573-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A credit card fraud gang comprising a Filipino and three Thais were arrested today by Crime suppression Division police after they used a fake card to shop online for brand-name products worth almost a million baht.

The four suspects were identified as Leonardo Pajarillano, a Filipino national, Mrs Rungrawee Chaipaknam, Mrs Preeyanut Chaipaknam and Mr Natthanai Rakoo .

They were arrested while they were trying to flee the country.

Police seized fake credit cards, 21 smart phones and a huge amount of brand name products such as glasses and bags worth altogether 700,000 baht.

The arrest took place after American Express had informed the CSD police that the suspects had used information of its credit card clients to buy online products.

Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Pumpunmuang said at a press conference today that police will continue to crackdown on credit card frauds.

He admitted that there are many credit card fraud gangs in Thailand, and warned credit card users to keep their card number safe otherwise thieves could use them for illegal purchase.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/credit-card-fraud-gang-smashed

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-27

Some people view this as a kind of victimless crime. Having been on the wrong end of credit card fraud, as I am sure many other posters have been, it is anything but: stressful, intrusive, time consuming and a bloody pain. Sure, you get the money back after a while but it's still a horrible experience. These people are wicked and should be sent to prison.

Some people view this as a kind of victimless crime. Having been on the wrong end of credit card fraud, as I am sure many other posters have been, it is anything but: stressful, intrusive, time consuming and a bloody pain. Sure, you get the money back after a while but it's still a horrible experience. These people are wicked and should be sent to prison.

It happened to me last year, in my case it was obvious to me that the hotel i had booked was commiting the fraud, they were buying stuff from itunes, over 5 days it was £250, they would have kept going had i not noticed, i got my money back, but thats not the point, some scumbag got something for free with my name on it