Thaksin may lose police rank

webfact

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has become a massive joke.

One thing I know is never back a Thai into a corner or they will come out fighting.

Thaskin would win an election if it was held tomorrow. They need to be very careful that he does not come flying back into town and take control of the country.

1. It became a massive joke years ago, people were falling over with laughter (or it could have been bullets).

2. Not out-numbered they won't, unless drunk, with either alcohol or a misplaced sense of grandeur. (the same as any other nationality)

3. Tomorrow he would not, after another year of military control he may stand a chance, but only if the Army get it wrong, if they get even close to getting it right, he's screwed.

Edited by Thaddeus

Really he has all the qualities for a promotion.

AFAIK his last promotion was while his father-in-law was Boss Pig. IIRC they both left around the same time, before someone took a long look at the BIB computer supply contract Thaksin won while the officer controlling the tender process.

He revealed that according to police regulations, seven offences could lead to an officer being stripped of rank.

Does that mean a police officer can commit 6 offenses, for example:

2 times caught at taking bribes
1 times being caught playing illegal card games
1 times caught at extortion of money
1 times being caught drunk while driving
1 times on yaba firing with his weapon in a restaurant

and he can not lose his rank?
I can not believe that.
Who wrote those police regulations?
Ramboo?
Edited by tomacht8

I don't think its a very smart plan to keep lashing out with meaningless actions. Neither removing his passport or this can hurt him in anyway , and exposes the Junta's real weakness where he is concerned , There last attack against him will be Jailing his sister. I think that may be a step too far for the rest of the world

Mmmmm ... removing his passport and stripping his rank doesn't hurt him in any way ... you're obviously not understanding Thailand/Thai's very well ... the loss of "face" on this one for him is massive.

After promising to keep quiet and not get involved with Politics again (a promise he's made many, many times and broken many, many times) he's brought this one down on himself. That ego of his just doesn't know when to shut up.

And as some others have already stated, this could/should have happened many years ago when he was first convicted of a crime with numerous other charges still awaiting his return, but I guess with his proxies in power subsequently the issue wasn't pressed, and in fact they went one step further and hand delivered overseas his shiny new Diplomatic passport that had previously been revoked.

"....he's brought this one down on himself. That ego of his just doesn't know when to shut up."

The old term 'motor mouth' comes to mind.

"'

I don't think its a very smart plan to keep lashing out with meaningless actions. Neither removing his passport or this can hurt him in anyway , and exposes the Junta's real weakness where he is concerned , There last attack against him will be Jailing his sister. I think that may be a step too far for the rest of the world

Mmmmm ... removing his passport and stripping his rank doesn't hurt him in any way ... you're obviously not understanding Thailand/Thai's very well ... the loss of "face" on this one for him is massive.

After promising to keep quiet and not get involved with Politics again (a promise he's made many, many times and broken many, many times) he's brought this one down on himself. That ego of his just doesn't know when to shut up.

And as some others have already stated, this could/should have happened many years ago when he was first convicted of a crime with numerous other charges still awaiting his return, but I guess with his proxies in power subsequently the issue wasn't pressed, and in fact they went one step further and hand delivered overseas his shiny new Diplomatic passport that had previously been revoked.

I agree, the government was very generous to him, they allowed him to keep some Face by not stripping him of these passports and ranks, for an incredibly long time they allowed him to crawl away with a certain amount of dignity intact.

The condition was just that he could keep these small token dignities just as long as he stopped flying around the world making derisory comments about the government back home. And he just couldn't do it. He brought this on himself, in the most public and undebatable manner too.

He is now in danger of losing his most precious treasure, his Victim Card.

It would be a good Idea as part of Justice System Reforms for an amendment to allow cases against accused who do a runner to progress in their absence, if they chose not to return and face the courts and defend themselves - up to them

Seems like the junta is preparing to justify the sentence (printed a month ago) Yingluck is going to get in her impeachment "trial"..............

Why else bring Mr T into the headlines every day??

And for good measure, to justify Ms Yingluck's conviction, they use the heavy artillery: LM.......meaning no questions can be asked by the locals...........A matter of national security !!

Yes but the "Face" think is ridiculous as well , not many of got any "Face" its really a western Pride isnt it , except people with a bit of pride don't lie and cheat and steal . And I mean the lot of them I don't know how they have the audacity to "Save Face"

AFAIK his last promotion was while his father-in-law was Boss Pig. IIRC they both left around the same time, before someone took a long look at the BIB computer supply contract Thaksin won while the officer controlling the tender process.

Does Thailand have any laws re; 'insider trading'? It's probably a moot point now, as it's been a long time since 1997, but when T was first in the high halls of gov't he knew the day before - that the baht was to be floated (for the first time) by his buddy the Finance Minister. Simple: scrape as many baht together and buy dollars as quick as possible. Next day: whoopie! twice as much money!

Does Thailand have any laws re; 'insider trading'? It's probably a moot point now, as it's been a long time since 1997, but when T was first in the high halls of gov't he knew the day before - that the baht was to be floated (for the first time) by his buddy the Finance Minister. Simple: scrape as many baht together and buy dollars as quick as possible. Next day: whoopie! twice as much money!

Even easier, tell the government bank to lend you a billion baht, change it to dollars and back the next day, pay off the debt. Who knows?

IMHO a criminal businessman being allowed access to cabinet meeting is allowing insider trading. Illegal here, who knows again. Even if it was, would the DSI have done anything about it?

I agree, the government was very generous to him, they allowed him to keep some Face by not stripping him of these passports and ranks, for an incredibly long time they allowed him to crawl away with a certain amount of dignity intact.

The condition was just that he could keep these small token dignities just as long as he stopped flying around the world making derisory comments about the government back home. And he just couldn't do it. He brought this on himself, in the most public and undebatable manner too.

He is now in danger of losing his most precious treasure, his Victim Card.

"The condition was just that he could keep these small token dignities just as long as he stopped flying around the world making derisory comments about the government back home. And he just couldn't do it. He brought this on himself, in the most public and undebatable manner too."

Lets' also mention his latest outburst in Korea was about the need to respect the rule of law.

This from a man who has totally and blatantly disrespected the actual law and the process of the law on numerous occasions.

Every common Somchai would stay in jail if they find a bit Marihuana in his pocket and here removing his police rank for a murderer who filled his pockets with corruption money should be too much?

How can a criminal hold a police rank?

It is known that huge amounts of money were moved before. You could double your money in a few days. But there are worse stories about Mr. T.

they are certainly doing their best to eradicate thaksin stripping him of his police rank I wonder what next they will think of his mate surapong states he will give him back his passports if he gets back into power I think he will be next in line .

"Thaksin may lose police rank"....

Much ado about nothing.

"Much ado about nothing."thumbsup.gif

He has been called The Merchant of Venom, but in his mind he probably thinks the present government is a Comedy of Errors.

It's not very smart to have left these things unattended for so long.

If a member of the Old Bill was convicted of corruption, jumped bail and fled breaking his promise to return, became a fugitive and was still openly involved directing corruption from abroad, do you think they'd let him keep his rank?

He should have been stripped of his police rank on conviction and sentence, seeing as he chose not to appeal. The passport was revoked and then illegally replaced by his cousin who has vowed to break the law in the same way again if given the chance (although he might regret that soon).

I don't think the disgraced Yingluck will be jailed. Rarely happens to hiso elites like her. Ban for politics, loss of face, public telling off, few crocodile tears perhaps. Might be a seizure of assets, or attempt to get some compensation from her to hurt the "family" though. Thaksin would, as we know, react violently to any loss of money. As for ROW - don't think they care a monkey's. They say "oh awful" and make the usual scripted comments. Too much else more important going on.

Yes they do have insider trading laws. One of Thaksin's sisters and her husband were convicted and fined for breaking them last year.

The more I read stories such as these the more I realize that Thailand is a lost cause, at least during my life time. Nothing is going to change. The current junta in power backing the elites will take revenge on their opponents and when the pendulum swings in the other direction those with the upper hand will do the same. The problem with Thailand is that there is no one without sin to cast the first stone. Currently the corrupt military has kicked out the corrupt PTP who took over from the corrupt Democrats who took over from the military who ousted Thaksin. The corrupt police, government administrators, and judicial system just go with the wind and hedge their bets as things could change on a whim. It really is a soap opera which is too absurd to believe but unfortunately is true.

The current junta will write a constitution to favor whom they wish it to favor, force it down the peoples' throats without debate and return power to the favored elected officials and the process will start all over. The military will go back to buying aircraft carriers it can't use but for which someone go a nice hunk of tea money. It all would be laughable if it were not so sad.

Losing police rank will not bother him one bit. But I am surprised that with a criminal conviction he still holds a rank.

I think it will bother him, because 'face' is a very big deal for Asians pumped up with self-importance. He's got a lot of physical face but figurative face slipped off his skull over a decade ago, ....when he claimed he didn't know there was anything wrong with hiding tens of millions of baht in his chauffer's and maid's personal bank accounts.

The more I read stories such as these the more I realize that Thailand is a lost cause, at least during my life time. Nothing is going to change. The current junta in power backing the elites will take revenge on their opponents and when the pendulum swings in the other direction those with the upper hand will do the same. The problem with Thailand is that there is no one without sin to cast the first stone. Currently the corrupt military has kicked out the corrupt PTP who took over from the corrupt Democrats who took over from the military who ousted Thaksin. The corrupt police, government administrators, and judicial system just go with the wind and hedge their bets as things could change on a whim. It really is a soap opera which is too absurd to believe but unfortunately is true.

The current junta will write a constitution to favor whom they wish it to favor, force it down the peoples' throats without debate and return power to the favored elected officials and the process will start all over. The military will go back to buying aircraft carriers it can't use but for which someone go a nice hunk of tea money. It all would be laughable if it were not so sad.

Yes, it's sad Thailand can't get decent leaders at the helm. The saddest chapter may be in the near future, but the groundwork is being laid now. I'm referring to Thailand's leaders opening the door wide for Chinese involvement - in infrastructure, loans, and a whole lot more. Already, Chinese-Thais (like the Shinawatres) own most of the big businesses here. But opening the floodgates to Chinese banks and manipulators - will deepen the plot. Does "Autonomous Region of Thailand" have a nice ring to it? It does if you're in the Chinese politburo.

... "according to police regulations, seven offences could lead to an officer being stripped of rank". Did I read that correctly? In a Nation where a garbage collector gets nailed to a cross for recycling CD's he'd found in the rubbish, there are still only seven offences that can lead to a Police Officer being stripped of rank?

Recycling CD's is a big no-no.

Doing what Thaksin has done, which would put a normal person away for many a long year, is a "mai pen rai". thumbsup.gif

Unbelievable! Only in Thailand can you be a fleeing convicted felon and still be a police man with valid political and personal passports.

When you consider that Thai generals can repeatedly overthrow elected governments and abolish constitutions while still being able to suck at the tit of the national treasury, it's not too unbelievable.

you think we care about what the rest of the world thinks....anything taken away from this creature hurts him ..remember were all about face billions or not..

He revealed that according to police regulations, seven offences could lead to an officer being stripped of rank and Thaksin fell into one of them.

Being charged for a criminal act could be one, or have now mister T for the last years as a fugitive only been in a inactive post? cheesy.gif

Only in Thailandwai2.gif