Non-O based on owning/renting apartment

There is still any place left in the world, honorary consulate or whatever else, where it is still possible to get a yearly multi entry non immigrant O, by simply showing proof to own or rent a place in Thailand, as some place in Australia and UK was apparently doing, but it looks as they don't anymore?

Thanks.

Yes, it is possible as I have seen several recently. They were issued in Penang Malaysia and to those who have been well established in Thailand over past years. It would be advisable, if you wish to take the risk going to Penang to have records of assets including bank accounts, a relationship of some kind with a Thai spouse or defacto with ID or even take her with you. I also saw one from Russia last week, so it is possible but certainly more difficult that in earlier years.

Isn't there ... or maybe wasn't there once ...a provision for investments of more than Baht 10 million in, among other things, condos

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/349787-10-million-investment-visa/

B. In case of an investment of not less than 10 million baht.
(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)
(2) Proof of money transfer to Thailand of not less than 10 million baht.
(3) Proof of investment to purchase or rent for a period not less than 3 years of unit in a condominium from an agency or government agency concerned at a price of not less than 10 million baht.
(4) Proof of investment in the form of a fixed deposit of not less than 10 million baht with a bank registered in Thailand with Thai shareholders comprising more than 50% of its shareholders.
(5) Proof of investment to purchase government or state enterprise bonds with a value of not less than 10 million baht or
(6) Proof of combined investments as set out in clauses (3),(4)
Or (5) having a total value of not less than 10 million baht.
Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

What you have quoted is for a one-year extension based on investment. Their is, however, the non-IM visa, but I don't know if it is issued in the multi-entry version. I see no reason why it should not be.

What you have quoted is for a one-year extension based on investment. Their is, however, the non-IM visa, but I don't know if it is issued in the multi-entry version. I see no reason why it should not be.

Quite right and I should have elaborated a little more information in my reply to the OP. The people who I have spoken to about their Non Imm 'O' M visa are usually Off Shore workers. Many were stopped at the immigration points around Thailand and warned to get a TR 60 otherwise they would be refused entry. Many Off Shore workers have lived in Thailand for years, married or single but never had an issue with a Visa Exemption until recent changes. The usual long term local extension is not available to many Off Shore people or necessary e.g. Ret, ED, Dependent, Inv etc. Having the evidence of an established residence or relationship here does greatly assist the applicant's chances to get a Non Imm 'O' M visa.

Edited by PlastikbinLina

Outside Thailand, no.

Inside Thailand, yes. Thai immigration can give you a 12 month extension of stay on a Non-O/Non-B Visa based on 10MB investment in one or more condos in Thailand. There's even a provision for rental, in case someone would like to pay 10MB in rent :P .

Quite right and I should have elaborated a little more information in my reply to the OP. The people who I have spoken to about their Non Imm 'O' M visa are usually Off Shore workers. Many were stopped at the immigration points around Thailand and warned to get a TR 60 otherwise they would be refused entry. Many Off Shore workers have lived in Thailand for years, married or single but never had an issue with a Visa Exemption until recent changes. The usual long term local extension is not available to many Off Shore people or necessary e.g. Ret, ED, Dependent, Inv etc. Having the evidence of an established residence or relationship here does greatly assist the applicant's chances to get a Non Imm 'O' M visa.

I can assure you that a multiple entry non-o visa will not be issued in Penang (or about anywhere else) unless you are married to a Thai, have a Thai child or perhaps for being over 50 if you have a 800k baht in the bank.

They certainly will not issue them for owning/renting property and being involved in a relationship.

With respect Ubonjoe you're not often wrong but you are this time. I work at the coal face and I can assure you I have seen first hand evidence of the issued visa especially when the holder comes in to register their residence.

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text

I can assure you that a multiple entry non-o visa will not be issued in Penang (or about anywhere else) unless you are married to a Thai, have a Thai child or perhaps for being over 50 if you have a 800k baht in the bank.

They certainly will not issue them for owning/renting property and being involved in a relationship.

With respect Ubonjoe you're not often wrong but you are this time. I work at the coal face and I can assure you I have seen first hand evidence of the issued visa especially when the holder comes in to register their residence.

If all you saw was the visa that would not prove what it was issued for.

Perhaps you could post a scan of a visa that was issued in Penang based upon what you wrote,

There are none that I know of.

The last place I know of that something similar was Hull, England in 2010 where you could get a 1 year multi-entry Non O based on having "friends or relatives living in Thailand", but that has been gone since late 2010.

I believe I was one of the last ones to get such a visa as I got one in October 2010 from Hull.

Isn't there ... or maybe wasn't there once ...a provision for investments of more than Baht 10 million in, among other things, condos

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/349787-10-million-investment-visa/

B. In case of an investment of not less than 10 million baht.
(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)
(2) Proof of money transfer to Thailand of not less than 10 million baht.
(3) Proof of investment to purchase or rent for a period not less than 3 years of unit in a condominium from an agency or government agency concerned at a price of not less than 10 million baht.
(4) Proof of investment in the form of a fixed deposit of not less than 10 million baht with a bank registered in Thailand with Thai shareholders comprising more than 50% of its shareholders.
(5) Proof of investment to purchase government or state enterprise bonds with a value of not less than 10 million baht or
(6) Proof of combined investments as set out in clauses (3),(4)
Or (5) having a total value of not less than 10 million baht.
Only from a BOI approved project!
Doesn't apply private sales! Must be from the developper!
So I was told by immigration!

Whilst there are some very accurate answers below, you never stated your age ???. If old enough the route to go to save all the hassle,

is of course the Retirement Visa.

It is my understanding that there is no such thing as a retirement visa it is called an extension of stay visa of which I have 9 in my passport !

• Like 1

There are none that I know of.

The last place I know of that something similar was Hull, England in 2010 where you could get a 1 year multi-entry Non O based on having "friends or relatives living in Thailand", but that has been gone since late 2010.

I believe I was one of the last ones to get such a visa as I got one in October 2010 from Hull.

I had an easy type O multi entry from uk in sept 23rd 2012, was one not so popular consulate that still could do them by visiting in mid 2013.

All uk consulates did it to an extent but hull marketed the fact a bit too well ... uk quite awful now if want multi O .

Whilst there are some very accurate answers below, you never stated your age ???. If old enough the route to go to save all the hassle,

It is my understanding that there is no such thing as a retirement visa it is called an extension of stay visa of which I have 9 in my passport !

This is a very common misunderstanding. You are correct. A person obtains a Non-"O" visa to enter the country, usually for 90 days. They then apply for the "Extension of Stay, Retirement", which allows the person to stay in Thailand for one year. Each year you apply for another "extension of stay" based on retirement. It is not a visa per-se, but an ongoing extension of the original visa.

You are correct but keep it quite! smile.png

The "visa" holders are a nasty , viscous mob who will appear and tell you that you are wrong !coffee1.gif

This is a very common misunderstanding. You are correct. A person obtains a Non-"O" visa to enter the country, usually for 90 days. They then apply for the "Extension of Stay, Retirement", which allows the person to stay in Thailand for one year. Each year you apply for another "extension of stay" based on retirement. It is not a visa per-se, but an ongoing extension of the original visa.

Almost correct !

Visas are never "extended" but the "permission to stay" , obtained from a visa , can be extended smile.png

There is still any place left in the world, honorary consulate or whatever else, where it is still possible to get a yearly multi entry non immigrant O, by simply showing proof to own or rent a place in Thailand,

From the Honorary Thai Consulate Portland, Oregon. http://www.thai-or.com/

"O (Other) - Marriage certificate and proof of spouse's Thai citizenship, Letter of invitation from volunteer organization in Thailand, proof of condo or home ownership."

There is still any place left in the world, honorary consulate or whatever else, where it is still possible to get a yearly multi entry non immigrant O, by simply showing proof to own or rent a place in Thailand,

From the Honorary Thai Consulate Portland, Oregon. http://www.thai-or.com/

"O (Other) - Marriage certificate and proof of spouse's Thai citizenship, Letter of invitation from volunteer organization in Thailand, proof of condo or home ownership."

You can get one for "visiting friends". Will they actually issue one? Dallas or portland is worth it.