Thaksin says he offered his compassion to the junta

Lite Beer

He may well do who knows , But why did the Army have to overthrow his Sisters Government to prevent a civil War.? Surely the government of the day wouldn't start a civil War, I would have though that there was more chance of the Army starting a civil war by overthrowing an elected Government

You should have thought a bit harder/longer/smarter. Thaksin's mercenary bomb-chuckers are real heroes until they come up against someone who will shoot back.

A rabble is no more an army than a pile of building materials is a house.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he has no compassion to offer. He never has had for anyone, he's always been solely interested in what is in it for him.

Empty words from one of the world's most self centred men.

You know Taksin well? Or are these just "empty words"?

How well do you need to know a venomous snake?

He may well do who knows , But why did the Army have to overthrow his Sisters Government to prevent a civil War.? Surely the government of the day wouldn't start a civil War, I would have though that there was more chance of the Army starting a civil war by overthrowing an elected Government

You should have thought a bit harder/longer/smarter. Thaksin's mercenary bomb-chuckers are real heroes until they come up against someone who will shoot back.

And don't forget : 'I'll be thee to lead you!'

The army think they can get away with everything, but watch my words, a civil war is what's in the brewing process.

This is a delusion typical of farangs living in red shirt areas and getting most of their political input from their Thaksinist g/f. It is based on UDD propaganda and totally ignores that the die-hard reds don't have the numbers, let alone the passion. Of course, both of those can be boosted, but it will cost a lot more than B500 a day next time.

Careful!!

Your superiority is showing....................coffee1.gif

The army think they can get away with everything, but watch my words, a civil war is what's in the brewing process.

This is a delusion typical of farangs living in red shirt areas and getting most of their political input from their Thaksinist g/f. It is based on UDD propaganda and totally ignores that the die-hard reds don't have the numbers, let alone the passion. Of course, both of those can be boosted, but it will cost a lot more than B500 a day next time.

Careful!!

it's a relative term.

The best repellent against this lying self-centered bastard would be to stop writing about him in the news. Who cares about what Thaksin says or what he thinks anyway? Butt kissing the junta now via cheap words will not get him anywhere... He should learn to let go, isn't that one of the Buddha teachings as well? coffee1.gif

"However this time he said he would like to offer his compassion to the powers-that-be in Thailand so that they would be freed from greed, anger and use their wisdom in resolving problems and restoring reconciliation."

Physician, first heal thyself.

Best way to do so would be by meditating upon your crimes in a gaol in Thailand.

Edited by Bluespunk

When a politician insists that something is 'not an issue' you can rest assured it is exactly the opposite.

So true, I am interested to see how cancelling his passports will curtail his travels. I bet significantly. We will see.

Careful!!

JOC, my dependable little attack dog, why aren't you chasing a cat up a tree ? biggrin.png

so if theres going to be a civil war should I buy US dollars?

offering his head would be a much better proposition, the only way he can do anything right is to end it all and simply die. The last thing Thailand needs is this moron having anything to do with the country ever again.

When a politician insists that something is 'not an issue' you can rest assured it is exactly the opposite.

Thank you. This man has probably never come anywhere near "truth" in his lifetime. Can't he just go away, and never be heard from again? Doesn't he realize just how irrelevant he has become? Talk about a has been. If it were not for his cash, nobody would ever give a hoot what he has to say. What a fool.

Very true they are in for a nASTY shock soon me thinks

Stop being paranoid!!

This is a last a attempt by a sad old man to stay in in the limelight , realizing that he is becoming more EX by the day!!

What came to my mind when reading your comment about the Ex were Charles de Gaulle, Konrad Adenauer, Winston Churchill, Nelson Mandela etc all regarded as Ex and nevertheless coming back for a political comeback.

Age didn’t seem to matter for them.

Nice response , I think many people mentioned he wouldn't give a hoot about his passport

Why do you actually think that a man who can effectively have more different passports than you have pieces of underwear in your wardrobe give a hoot about this?

He can not come back to Thailand, with or without his passport and doesn't need a Thai passport to travel anywhere else in the world, and when after the civil war the time comes that he can come back he will have a Thai passport.

I have never had any respect for Thaksin, but he has never spoken truer words than in his latest comments.

However this time he said he would like to offer his compassion to the powers-that-be in Thailand so that they would be freed from greed, anger and use their wisdom in resolving problems and restoring reconciliation.

Nonetheless, he noted that the powers-that-be chose to cause disunity.

A civil war is EXACTLY what Thaksin has been trying to achieve for years and the coup stopped from happening (for the moment).

Why should he start a civil war? His party did win all recent elections and a civil war in most cases is started by people that cannot win elections and try to gain power via other means.

I don't condone people chucking grenades about in public and there is no excuse for that. If the police and army had controlled the protesters properly , containing them as they should , then the maniacs with Grenades would not have an opportunity to attack them. Going back to the original subject I don't think that constitutes the Government of the time trying to start a civil war

"Surely the government of the day wouldn't start a civil War"

I guess you missed the news of a Yingluck cabinet minister joining one of the Red Shirt "War Drum" events and prompting people to arm themselves to defend "her" government.

Or the Red Shirt leaders that wanted to organize militias to that end, or the dozens of deadly attacks against anti-PTP protesters (and bystanders).

If they didn't want to start a conflict they certainly went the wrong way about it.

They never had the number of fanatical Red Shirts for that, I guess that is why, when they saw the writing on the wall, they tried to stir up regional divisions among Thai people with their "Lanna State" nonsense as a means to rally as many people to their cause as possible.

We live around Ayutthaya hardly a Thaksin Strong hold , my wife bless her is a great wife and Mother but they only thing that would get here heated would be is either a Som Tam drought or cancellation of Champ or the champs. I just happen to dislike Military juntas removing elected Governments no matter how poor they are consider to be by some

Thats what they were saying during the the Yingluck campaign, and look what happened!

Nice piece of PR, get "Thaksin offers compassion" on the title and put the not so veiled attack down in the middle of the release:

"However this time he said he would like to offer his compassion to the powers-that-be in Thailand so that they would be freed from greed, anger and use their wisdom in resolving problems and restoring reconciliation."

What he is doing is painting himself as a pious man while vilifying others as being greedy and angry, pure propaganda.

If it is a PR battle, then Thaksin is winning it by a country mile. They should forget this focus on Thaksin and passports/media interviews. The ONLY message they should be sending about him is that he is yesterday's man. Repeat ad nauseum. They are playing into his hands with this chickenfeed stuff and he is a master of the art of politics.

Nice response , I think many people mentioned he wouldn't give a hoot about his passport

Of course, you can believe everything he says or his staff write on social media for him.

He's never done anything wrong so he wouldn't be lying now would he.

He's probably seething but pretends otherwise to try and retain some face.

Nice piece of PR, get "Thaksin offers compassion" on the title and put the not so veiled attack down in the middle of the release:

What he is doing is painting himself as a pious man while vilifying others as being greedy and angry, pure propaganda.

If it is a PR battle, then Thaksin is winning it by a country mile. They should forget this focus on Thaksin and passports/media interviews. The ONLY message they should be sending about him is that he is yesterday's man. Repeat ad nauseum. They are playing into his hands with this chickenfeed stuff and he is a master of the art of politics.

He's good at politics, but no master. The misjudged amnesty whitewash bill, and even misjudging the reaction to his changing the law so he could sell his telecom business and avoid tax. He is blighted by believe in his own propaganda and that he can get away with whatever he wants.

He is a very rich man who can afford excellent PR, lobbyist and lawyers. And he was clever enough to employ skilled qualified foreigners. Is it any wonder he's winning the PR battle?

A truly great politician who loved the Thai people would offer his support to the junta instead of his compassion. His pride and money will never let Thai government do there jobs without his shadow. If he really loved Thailand he should be silent and has enough money to disappear. He truly misses the money and power he had while PM.

I don't condone people chucking grenades about in public and there is no excuse for that. If the police and army had controlled the protesters properly , containing them as they should , then the maniacs with Grenades would not have an opportunity to attack them. Going back to the original subject I don't think that constitutes the Government of the time trying to start a civil war

......................."the maniacs with Grenades"......................

For those who just tuned in, that would be the redshirts. biggrin.png