Does old husband and young Thai wife combo work ?

I believe in Thailand married ladies who are much younger, perhaps looking at age gap between 15 - 25. Has it ever worked for any of you ? As early as the beginning, how do you broach the subject to her parents who may be as old as you ?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will work as long as the money flow doesn't stop, she might entertain some young cocks on the side as well.

Sounds like you hang around with the crowd of women.

My wife is 29 years younger than me, and the most important factors are that she is not a bar girl, a drinker, a gambler or a party girl. Her parents are long deceased. Things are fine.

It amazes me that so many guys here get involved with questionable characters and then they wonder what went wrong.

It will work as long as the money flow doesn't stop, she might entertain some young cocks on the side as well.

Sounds like you hang around with the crowd of women.

My wife is 29 years younger than me, and the most important factors are that she is not a bar girl, a drinker, a gambler or a party girl. Her parents are long deceased. Things are fine.

It amazes me that so many guys here get involved with questionable characters and then they wonder what went wrong.

Uhm wrong.

I'm 25, I've had one night stands with ladies aged 35-40 here. One of them had a farang husband : ) I'm the young guy in the equation. By the way none of them were bargirls, all of them had normal jobs. Girls are girls, never trust em.

Edited by Lukecan

You're only 25 and you'r already saying "girls are girls, never trust them." ... uhmm... sorry for you, mate... .

Just ask this question to yourself, would you marry a women 29 years your senior without the exchange of money involved?

Get back to reality.

I'm with Factor on this one. I'm 21 years older than my wife. She's well-educated (though much of her education came from self-education, although she does have a bachelor's degree) and smart. Neither of us drink or smoke, though on rare reunions she'll go with a group of her high school or college classmates to have a runion of sorts. I went to the last one, and they were all having a good time. We're married going on seven years, and she knows that my meager pension just covers the immigration requirements. She hates to see the gold-diggers out there, and believes that most Thai women are more to the modest side.

After talking with her friends, Ii think she's right.

This subject has been done to death and there is little give on any side regarding the subject. The young guys think it is 100% about the money and the older guys understand the money factor but believe there is more involved. Then you have the guys who say bar girls are no good and then the other side who say all girls same. And on and on and on.... I never hear anyone changing their opinion and saying " yes, you're right, now I understand" .

I think study the people and relationships around you and judge for yourself. It also can be different for different people.

My experience says that it can work but money is a factor although not as important as some say. Just never give them a paycheck for being with you.

This subject has been done to death and there is little give on any side regarding the subject. The young guys think it is 100% about the money and the older guys understand the money factor but believe there is more involved. Then you have the guys who say bar girls are no good and then the other side who say all girls same. And on and on and on.... I never hear anyone changing their opinion and saying " yes, you're right, now I understand" .

I think study the people and relationships around you and judge for yourself. It also can be different for different people.

My experience says that it can work but money is a factor although not as important as some say. Just never give them a paycheck for being with you.

How come we never see these same farangs marrying girls 15-20-25 years their junior in the west? Believe me it has a lot do with money. And the funniest part is how these guys categorize thai girls as normal girls vs bargirls. There are a lot of girls in Thailand who hold normal office jobs in the day, and hunt for customers in the night to supplement their income. Of course there are normal girls as well who have nothing to do with the bar scene. Please don't tell me a 30 year old girl can enjoy intimacy with some 70 year old fat pensioner.

My advice to any farang that wants to wife up some young chick, DONT DONT DONT. Lease them instead, that way you can change the girl whenever your bored. It will cost you more in the long run to wife them up, so many stories of guys losing millions of baht to these isaan princesses.

There is 35 years difference between my gf and I and her family has accepted me from the beginning. We have been living together just over a year but dated for a few months prior. My gf works and makes 20k + a month in a respectable job, goes to school on Sundaysto further her education, studies reading, writing and speaking English at home and helps take care of the house. She is a beautiful young lady and says I look very smart. I look much younger than my age and in great shape. By living with me her standard of living has increased but other than a few gifts, Birthday, college graduation, Christmas she pays for her own things with her earned money.

So yes, it can work and the family can accept the relationship.

There is 35 years difference between my gf and I and her family has accepted me from the beginning. We have been living together just over a year but dated for a few months prior. My gf works and makes 20k + a month in a respectable job, goes to school on Sundaysto further her education, studies reading, writing and speaking English at home and helps take care of the house. She is a beautiful young lady and says I look very smart. I look much younger than my age and in great shape. By living with me her standard of living has increased but other than a few gifts, Birthday, college graduation, Christmas she pays for her own things with her earned money.

There is the rule, then there is the exception. You're probably an exception. Being in great shape will definitely help as well. I know for a fact that when I lose my looks I will accept the reality and use my money as leverage. Thats how life is.

There is the rule, then there is the exception. You're probably an exception. Being in great shape will definitely help as well. I know for a fact that when I lose my looks I will accept the reality and use my money as leverage. Thats how life is.

yes, I agree with you. I am lucky that I am still looking good. Being too fat or too thin, out of shape, bald, wrinkled, stupid, having bad teeth, dressing poorly, being rude, not friendly or smiling, being poor or cheap, not speaking any Thai are all factors that will decrease your chances with the Thai ladies. I am lucky and don't fit into any of those areas :)

yes, I agree with you. I am lucky that I am still looking good. Being too fat or too thin, out of shape, bald, wrinkled, stupid, having bad teeth, dressing poorly, being rude, not friendly or smiling, being poor or cheap, not speaking any Thai are all factors that will decrease your chances with the Thai ladies. I am lucky and don't fit into any of those areas :)

You must be quite a catch!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahaha.... Let's just say I never really had a problem.

I always see these posts by young guys saying old fat guy with young lady.... Not everyone is fat and not everyone who is over 50 looks like an old man.

There are lots of guys who fit the fat old look but I also see many young guys who look a lot worse than many of the guys 20+ years older. It's the hole package that counts....

I would have like it a lot more if you said "older" "old" husband sounds soooo.... old

works fine with me, the age difference between me and her gave me a chance to mature enough to be at the same level with hertongue.png

My wife is 19 years junior to my 46 years.

No one ever indicated feelings of discomfort in our presence. Anyway, it's our lives and there's no accounting for taste.

Trust your judgement.

My wife is twenty years younger than me, but what the hell!

Now she is ready for a twenty year old younger man!

The most trouble we encountered was with my wife's parents.

I visited her in PHS and half way through our first holiday I thought a day in Bangkok for shopping was a great idea and my then future wife was more than happy with the plan.

Anyway, I had a text the morning after my wife told her parents and they weren't happy with the arrangement. I replied that I'll return home if she wasn't allowed to come to Bangkok for the day.

We were to catch the first flight from PHS and return on the last flight of the day. Nothing sinister but I respected the parents thoughts, but had to push back to make the gain.

I got my way and we've been happily married for nearly five years.

I also purchased a necklace that day in Bangkok and the white gold pendant has turned out to be one of a kind . My wife would be most upset if she ever lost it. The merchant and I haggled until I got him down to 16000 baht from 21000. Not a lot of money but one of our most cherished purchases - just because it means so much to my wife.

Edited by wooloomooloo

My wife is 19 years junior to my 46 years.

No one ever indicated feelings of discomfort in our presence. Anyway, it's our lives and there's no accounting for taste.

Trust your judgement.

My wife is twenty years younger than me, but what the hell!

Now she is ready for a twenty year old younger man!

Time to find another wife then. Good luck.

17 years between myself and my wife, no problems, live in Germany and enjoy life. We both love to travel around Europe and enjoy life to the fullest.

My wife has recently gained her British passport and we are now able to travel to Europe, stress-free, and we love Amsterdam. Go for second visit in August.

We will branch out further in the future.

Age gap of 13 years & been living together for 19 years. Other than four years in Thailand wife always has a full time job. How I'm sick and cannot work, she still works full time to help with day to day living expenses.

Before meeting my wife had a two year relationship with white Oz girl. When first met her she was 18 & I was 38

It's the hole package that counts....

Indeed