Pee test on driver

Driving into Korat today, I had my Thai brother in law drive, as I was tired. Rolled up on the infamous road check. Nice car, cop said hi to me, the farang. Then he tells the brother in law to pull over and ordered a pee test on the road. This was in front of my wife and daughter. There were many other men doing the same. I was shocked as I am always told to drive on. This is really humiliating and not very civilized. I wondered if I was driving if they told me to do the same. I would refuse, as there was no justification for this. Anyway, I feel for the public in this country that has to bend over for such a corrupt and lazy system. I can't help but wonder how this country can ever evolve into the modern day. Rant over.

Edited by inzman

happened to the motorbike guys here in Bangkok often.

Two of my staff went eating in a restaurant, when they came out, the street was closed on both sides and everyone had to pee (also not driver).

Also often in discotheques....

I see no wrong in it whatsoever,if they did this back in the UK I would applaud the law at the side of the road,drug driving is as much if not a bigger problem than drink driving here and globally no doubts.

You were shocked as you were always told to drive on but then again your not Thai,discrimination isn't always against the foreigner as in this instance.

There are times when being the Farang is advantageous as they can't be arsed to attempt to converse with us.

Edited by stoneyboy

I see no wrong in it whatsoever,if they did this back in the UK I would applaud the law at the side of the road,drug driving is as much if not a bigger problem than drink driving here and globally no doubts.

You were shocked as you were always told to drive on but then again your not Thai,discrimination isn't always against the foreigner as in this instance.

There are times when being the Farang is advantageous as they can't be arsed to attempt to converse with us.

It's a disgusting violation of dignity, and a violation of children who are privy to the goings-on.

On the lighter side, probably the only reason they didn't make the foreigner take the test, is they didn't want all the Asians to lose Face.

Actually pee tests are bullshit a person that smoked weed can still test positive after six weeks ,a person who had coke or heroin a few days before said test will in most cases test negative correct testing should be blood and saliva testing to see if the person is high on the spot.

And i think the op was worried about correct police procedure during said test taking place in Thailand as most cops Thailand have bought their way through police academy such correct procedures are non existant.

It my understanding you do not have to take the pee test roadside, but if you don't then you must go take a pee test at the police station or have a blood test done which means hours and hours of delay before the police will take you have this done.

The test isn't very accurate. More than 1 in 10 positives are false. You can go first hero - it's going to be pretty difficult applauding in a cell crowded with ya-bah addicts.

Edited by BudRight

Dont worry, being drunk is ok, no license is ok, being 8yo driving is ok...

My Thai in-laws are more strict on their kids....no solo driving in a car/truck or on a motorcycle until 10 years old.

Actually pee tests are bullshit a person that smoked weed can still test positive after six weeks ,a person who had coke or heroin a few days before said test will in most cases test negative correct testing should be blood and saliva testing to see if the person is high on the spot.

And i think the op was worried about correct police procedure during said test taking place in Thailand as most cops Thailand have bought their way through police academy such correct procedures are non existant.

So you like a puff,maybe the odd crack pipe,there is no place in society for recreational drug driving per se,last week last month or 30 minutes ago,same for alcohol zero tolerance.

It's a disgusting violation of dignity, and a violation of children who are privy to the goings-on.

On the lighter side, probably the only reason they didn't make the foreigner take the test, is they didn't want all the Asians to lose Face.

Funny the cleaning lady takes little offence as she mops round my feet as my penis dangles freely and I dribble on her freshly cleaned tiles.

Same for all those Thai men that can't be arsed to use public conveniences and piss freely with cock in hand insight of all and sundry.

So you like a puff,maybe the odd crack pipe,there is no place in society for recreational drug driving per se,last week last month or 30 minutes ago,same for alcohol zero tolerance.

7275.jpg

“The highest result of education is tolerance”

Helen Keller

Many of us resent the infringement on our civil liberties. If there is a just cause, fine. However, random sampling is a violation of the right to privacy.

It also leads to shakedowns and extortion.

Many of us resent the infringement on our civil liberties. If there is a just cause, fine. However, random sampling is a violation of the right to privacy.

You're in Thailand. Resent all you like, boohoo.

It's not random sampling is it? You look dodgy and if you've nothing to hide, what's the problem?

Civil liberties,your living in a country that is run by the army for gods sake,what did you do when you were told to stay home from 10pm to 4am every night sit their crying.

Thailand I repeat Thailand is not the place to live if you are concerned for your civil liberties even more so being a Farang.

It's not random sampling is it? You look dodgy and if you've nothing to hide, what's the problem?

I have protested when stopped. Thai law does not allow the police to demand a urine sample from me as a passenger in a vehicle if there is no evidence of illicit activity. Thai law still requires a search warrant for civil matters. I am more than willing to make a case out of it too.

It does not test if you are under drugs, it tests if you have used drugs somewhen the last 2 weeks.

Like you smoked a joint peaceful at home and drive the car one week later.

I have protested when stopped. Thai law does not allow the police to demand a urine sample from me as a passenger in a vehicle if there is no evidence of illicit activity. Thai law still requires a search warrant for civil matters. I am more than willing to make a case out of it too.

Don't waste your fingers trying to tell some people on this forum about civil liberties or in their eyes "silly" things such as search warrants. I have noticed in my "short time here" that many on this forum would love a PAPIEREN BITTE! society. That kind of mentality is what you get when you inherit your freedom and don't do any kind of "digging" into how you actually got your freedom and why.

I find that a very funny comment coming from a person that has a pic of Bob Dylan way back in the sixties and his nickname is stony boy.whistling.gif

Yes and i remember the high ranking police officers coming to buy bottles of whiskey on a buddhist holiday in my mother in laws shop in Buriram......