Mystery of British man's death in Thailand hotel

webfact

Going on the booze takes a little planning not much. At the Christmas do, I had lots of free beer courtesy work party, then was meeting mates later, so I made sure I filled up on good old GREEK (Not bloody Halal) Kebabs and was fine. The other guys ate food at the pub while pissed a big mistake and consequently one of them anyway was vomiting all over the bus on the way home. I only suffered the usual hangover and was able to drink more over the whole night while still holding it together. Dont recommend binge drinking tough or to excess on a regular basis anyway especially in Thailand where hangovers in tropical countries are so much worse.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first time i came to Thailand - my body was getting all sorts of rashes, weird allergies and sickness bugs. Then after a few years i was healthy and hardly ever sick, can eat anything and sleep on any beds. the body is sensitive to all sorts of things when in a new country. Then i went to Australia 2 years ago and couldn't acclimatize again. was sick for 2 weeks just from different food, different water, stomach acid and all sorts of weirdness.

It could be a lungfull of that banned bedbug killer that killed the two Canadian girls down Koh Samui way?

Deet. A Thai cocktail favorite.

The Canadian autopsy concluded the girls most likely died of phosphine poisoning. It's a deadly chemical widely used to kill bedbugs.

first time i came to Thailand - my body was getting all sorts of rashes, weird allergies and sickness bugs. Then after a few years i was healthy and hardly ever sick, can eat anything and sleep on any beds. the body is sensitive to all sorts of things when in a new country. Then i went to Australia 2 years ago and couldn't acclimatize again. was sick for 2 weeks just from different food, different water, stomach acid and all sorts of weirdness.

What a delicate person you are.

Too many farang deaths in Thailand! I would like to see the figures concerning deaths in the rest of ASEAN?

Here is an article and Thailand doesn't make the top 10 (Israel and Russia does). http://www.telegraphtoday.com/top-10-most-dangerous-countries-to-visit/

Take it this way if Thailand wants to equal the US murder rate of +- 4,5 per 100 000 people, then there must be 1170 tourists murdered in Thailand each year (26 mil / 100 000 x 4,5 = 1170). Thats 3,2 tourists per day on average, in my view the figure doesnt get close to that. Which means you are less likely to be murdered in Thailand as a tourist than living in the US as a citizen.

That stat/calculation theory only applies to citizens of a country.

How many Thais are murdered on average each day per 100,000 in Thailand would be the comparative figures for your maths stats there.

The comparison would be with how many Thais tourists die on holiday in the UK [or USA if you prefer} to match this story.

Not to mention many of the US deaths aren't 'farang'.

And her "ME" remarks really don't relate to this death at all. Hmmm.

And her "ME" remarks really don't relate to this death at all. Hmmm.

Why all the hate?

• 2 weeks later...

It could be a lungfull of that banned bedbug killer that killed the two Canadian girls down Koh Samui way?

Deet. A Thai cocktail favorite.

Not to mention the 7 (seven) dead tourists at Downtown Inn, Chiang Mai a few years ago. That was covered up as well as the Death Hotel was demolished ...

• 7 months later...

With that much alcohol I assume they did not need to embalm the body for shipping back...

I my earlier youth I did get paralytic on many accusation, looking back on life those were the wasted years, on reflection it is not clever to get paralytic, any fool can do it.

With that much alcohol I assume they did not need to embalm the body for shipping back...

I my earlier youth I did get paralytic on many accusation, looking back on life those were the wasted years, on reflection it is not clever to get paralytic, any fool can do it.

But i bet when you did get paralytic it was never your intention to do so when leaving the house, more a case of 1s too many 10s not enough.

Idiot kids these days get mortal at home then continue drinking into oblivion when they go out.

And then take pictures of themselves to put on social media to show people they barely know that they're living the life.

Too many farang deaths in Thailand! I would like to see the figures concerning deaths in the rest of ASEAN?

Here is an article and Thailand doesn't make the top 10 (Israel and Russia does). http://www.telegraphtoday.com/top-10-most-dangerous-countries-to-visit/

Take it this way if Thailand wants to equal the US murder rate of +- 4,5 per 100 000 people, then there must be 1170 tourists murdered in Thailand each year (26 mil / 100 000 x 4,5 = 1170). Thats 3,2 tourists per day on average, in my view the figure doesnt get close to that. Which means you are less likely to be murdered in Thailand as a tourist than living in the US as a citizen.

Am guessing statistics is not your strong suit. The issue is about

tourists that seem to die like flies here. So the statistic you need

to be looking at is TOURISTS that die in foreign countries. The

link you provide is simply a list of mostly shithole central American and

African countries where tourism does not exist anyway....

Thailand is often quoted as the most dangerous country for

Brits and Aussies to visit due to the amazing death rate for them.

For contrast ,see if you can find out how many Thai tourists died

while visiting Britain. I suspect the number would be hovering at

zero.....

Am guessing statistics is not your strong suit. The issue is about

tourists that seem to die like flies here. So the statistic you need

to be looking at is TOURISTS that die in foreign countries. The

link you provide is simply a list of mostly shithole central American and

African countries where tourism does not exist anyway....

Thailand is often quoted as the most dangerous country for

Brits and Aussies to visit due to the amazing death rate for them.

For contrast ,see if you can find out how many Thai tourists died

while visiting Britain. I suspect the number would be hovering at

zero.....

Statically speaking your post Makes zero sense

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk