Fat fare hike to hit BTS

webfact

Fat fare hike to hit BTS
By Coconuts Bangkok

5745369719_ef14e2e136_z_0.jpg
Photo: BTS, My Train Pix

BANGKOK: -- Those who catch the BTS Skytrain to work or school will need to pay another THB45 when they top up their Rabbit cards starting July 1.

The Bangkok Mass Transit System announced this week it will increase the prices of its 30-day “promotional” deal by increasing them by THB3 per trip for regular Rabbit card holders and THB2 for student cards.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/06/03/fat-fare-hike-hit-bts

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-06-03

This is a non issue for many bangkokians as they cant afford to use the bts even before the fare hike.

That's ok because there wouldn't be any room for them during rush hour anyway. At over 700,000 riders a day, they are having great ridership numbers and taking a massive burden off of the road traffic.

And all this is part of the juntas plan for bringing happiness to the people...

they still claim that prices have not gone up the past years.....

45 Baht increase on a monthly card, that is 540 Baht for a year or one day salary lost.... (not the low one but average)

lets see how it fans out when it suddenly dawns on people... it usually takes some time cheesy.gif

wai2.gif

post-207694-0-90157800-1433322112_thumb.

Edited by torpedo1970

45 Baht increase on a monthly card, that is 540 Baht for a year or one day salary lost.... (not the low one but average)

lets see how it fans out when it suddenly dawns on people... it usually takes some time cheesy.gif

wai2.gif

Somebody needs some attitude adjustment. In Thailand, just because everything has become more expensive does not equate to a higher cost of living. APPARENTLY!

Successive Governments have harped on about the cost of living not increasing, yet I see regular increases in the cost of everyday items, the only thing that has not increased is the cost of plastic bags, they are still free with even the smallest purchase. They are then reused very efficiently to decorate the streets and countryside.

Fat fare hike to hit BTS

Didn't know they have a special rate for fat people.

I thought the same thing when I read the headline... "Crap, are they going to make me get on a scale and charge me by the kilo every time I get on?"

Better service - more trains - less waiting time between trains, especially on Silom Line .... price increase would be justified.

But i don't think that's going to happen.

Not while that debacle single line section at the Saphan Taksin station remains... :)

Wonder what happened with that, they were talking about getting rid of that station a few years back..

Better service - more trains - less waiting time between trains, especially on Silom Line .... price increase would be justified.

or just adding one more car to the existing trains - to use more of the platform - would be an improvement.

Glad I left that hot hole no more people farting against me or sneezing all pushed up and smelly like rats in a tin can on a hot day. better by the sea in Sri Racha. I hope they tripple the cost of the BTS then they may add extra needed carragers might give more room for a week or two.whistling.gif

Glad I left that hot hole no more people farting against me or sneezing all pushed up and smelly like rats in a tin can on a hot day. better by the sea in Sri Racha. I hope they tripple the cost of the BTS then they may add extra needed carragers might give more room for a week or two.whistling.gif

C'mon whiteman, tell us how you really feel !

I think everyone must travel on a different BTS from me. Usually I find it pretty spacious, it's quick, never have to wait long for a train. Do the rest of you all travel in rush hour constantly or something?

It's one of these things when people say how shit it is, how expensive it is, how they'd rather die in a fiery and painful death then ever set foot on the rattling deathtrap of hell that is the BTS again, and I wonder if I'm genuinely living on a different planet.

This is a non issue for many bangkokians as they cant afford to use the bts even before the fare hike.

That's ok because there wouldn't be any room for them during rush hour anyway. At over 700,000 riders a day, they are having great ridership numbers and taking a massive burden off of the road traffic.
at what cost? personally i reckon the bts is just about the ugliest thing i've ever seen put up in a city that ive been

in , in the last 20 maybe 30 plus years.

Edited by rijit

I think everyone must travel on a different BTS from me. Usually I find it pretty spacious, it's quick, never have to wait long for a train. Do the rest of you all travel in rush hour constantly or something?

It's one of these things when people say how shit it is, how expensive it is, how they'd rather die in a fiery and painful death then ever set foot on the rattling deathtrap of hell that is the BTS again, and I wonder if I'm genuinely living on a different planet.

If you have to work, yes most travel during rush hour and its crowded, sometimes you have to take the 2nd train. During rush hour the train comes almost every 2 minutes, when its not rush hour train comes around every 4-5 minutes.

I find the BTS overpriced for the distance traveled. If you compare it with the MRT, the MRT it is around 30-40% cheaper! I would imagine the MRT would cost more to build too!

Not only that the BTS is so badly designed, platforms too narrow, trains too narrow, trains too short, bottle neck going up and down the stairs at the Siam Station. Even with the stickers saying "Stand on the Right, and Walk on the Left" no Thais ever follow. The list goes on....

If you have to work, yes most travel during rush hour and its crowded, sometimes you have to take the 2nd train. During rush hour the train comes almost every 2 minutes, when its not rush hour train comes around every 4-5 minutes.

I find the BTS overpriced for the distance traveled. If you compare it with the MRT, the MRT it is around 30-40% cheaper! I would imagine the MRT would cost more to build too!

Not only that the BTS is so badly designed, platforms too narrow, trains too narrow, trains too short, bottle neck going up and down the stairs at the Siam Station. Even with the stickers saying "Stand on the Right, and Walk on the Left" no Thais ever follow. The list goes on....

It's still better to use than the London Underground!

Just like being on the ferry from Sri Racha to Ko Si Chang Island, except no worry about the rotten bottom possibly falling out of a BTS train. Both are still cheap, both uncomfortable at rush times but only one is really scary.

less waiting time ??? The Sukhumvit line is running at full capacity with trains every two minutes or so during rush hour. There is no option to increase it. having another carriage attached would be the only option probably, if that is technically possible.

wai2.gif

the happiness of the vast majority of bangkokians will completely unaffected as they never use the bts