Insect Screens

cooper2111

A shop on the 118 towards Doi Saket about 300 metres past the Sanameng turning , by the PTT petrol station 200 baht per door. Sorry you have to take them there.My dogs think they don't exist, especially when they see a cat. Go there more times than the pub.

Yes wouldnt recommend but any local shop that makes aluminium windows.

I had quotes for flyscreens in conjunction with new windows which generally were just under 500bt/m2.

But if they coming to your house to measure up and fit, I would anticipate no less than that price.

not sure who is going to waste time making them for 200bt for a door (which is 2m2) but thats ridiculous...

HomePro sells both the aluminum and mesh screening materials by the metre, however I found that it is about 25% less to purchase the material at a local store (Kamptien Market) and replacing the torn screens myself. I am not a do it yourselfer--but it is relatively easy to do.

Yes wouldnt recommend but any local shop that makes aluminium windows.

I had quotes for flyscreens in conjunction with new windows which generally were just under 500bt/m2.

But if they coming to your house to measure up and fit, I would anticipate no less than that price.

not sure who is going to waste time making them for 200bt for a door (which is 2m2) but thats ridiculous...

i agree, 300 Baht is as cheap as you will find for a door, 150-200 for a window screen depending on size.

these shops are literally everywhere, almost every village has one. where i live there are at least 3 of them within 1 km.

HomePro sells both the aluminum and mesh screening materials by the metre, however I found that it is about 25% less to purchase the material at a local store (Kamptien Market) and replacing the torn screens myself. I am not a do it yourselfer--but it is relatively easy to do.

this is true. even my wife has done some herself at her rental properties. there is one tool you need to buy specially for the purpose.

I'm looking for some high quality door screens for a normal front door not sliding. I want them to be pet proof and care about the appearance. In the sansai area would appreciate any recommendations.

pet proof? how so?

• 1 month later...

My cats treat them like a climbing wall !! Sometimes wonder if they are practicing for the next Everest ascent.

Mine too, especially if a jingjok happens to be on one of them at the time a cat is walking past a window!

I should buy shares in the company that makes the material as I've replaced it so many times.