Urinating Foreigner Facebook Clip angers Thai social media Pattaya community

webfact

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I missing something? Nearly all the posters here assume he was whizzing off the bus as it was mooving.

In the pic on the news site he is clearly standing on the road behind the bus..not that if makes it any better.

But the mental picture of

the yellow stuff flying in all directions as a bus makes a turn..is a bit off-putting

Looks to me like he is standing on the rear footplate of the bus and behind the safety rail. Hard to tell from a still photo whether the bus was moving or not.

Regardless, pulling out one's knob in a busy street in broad daylight is very poor form. I hope he is not British.

Edit to say - Looking at the series of photos in the newspaper article, it is clear that the bus was moving at the time.

Edited by chickenslegs

Maybe I should start taking pictures and posting up on social media all the Thais I see urinating in public. I doubt the Thais would disapprove and complain.

Look lets be serious about this, yes Thais do urinate in public but they find a bush or a wall and to a certain extent conceal their activities, this guy is in full public view on a moving vehicle hiding absolutely nothing, it is obscene and quite frankly disgraceful behaviour, I hope they catch him and lock him up for a week, there could be kids seeing this on their way to school - what sort of impression does that leave for all of us

Good point about the impression.

The Thais will not consider whether this a Russian, Brit, German, whatever - it is a Falang and we will be tainted by the judgement.

outrage? Hundreds of comments in thai?

Well, not surprising at all. "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Come on! This is one occurence by one person. And this is Pattaya!

Although this is not acceptable behaviour, I find this less obscene than throwing an empty bottle of redbull or singha on the beach.

Edited by Peterbkk7

Plenty of proper toilets have little or no privacy for men taking a leak.

..... and a Baht bus has ???

Maybe we should start a poll........ Is peeing out the back of a Baht bus acceptable behavior YES/NO.

I think if anyone can (genuinely) vote 'YES' they need to look very closely at themselves.

at the end of the day it is not the peeing that is the problem, as any court official will tell you, the real crime is getting caught!!!!

Same as Thais? No they have enough brains to go behind a tree. Come on out the back of a bus! He would be locked up in most countries. another example of our high class tourists.

No, in the west, urinating in public is a minor misdemeanor punished with a fine. In Thailand, there is no statute criminalizing urinating in public. Instead, if police decide to present a charge of such a crime, the do it under the public indecency and morality law, an overly vague statute abused by the police for the purpose of extorting bribes. For that reason, Thais are completely unaware that urinating in public is a criminal offense. Because this was posted on social media, they can single out a farang for their public outrage, while ignoring that the offense is commonly engaged in freely by their own citizens.

*sigh* ... no .. sorry .. dead wrong.

Go to America, pull out your weiner in public and start peeing.. and by that , I mean in plain view ... for ALL to see. Men, women and CHILDREN.

Go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

This thread is a joke. if a Thai did this to 50 Farang, you would be looking to nail his hide on the wall.

outrage? Hundreds of comments in thai?

Well, not surprising at all. "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Come on! This is one occurence by one person. And this is Pattaya!

Although this is not acceptable behaviour, I find this less obscene than throwing an empty bottle of redbull or singha on the beach.

"Less obscene than throwing an empty bottle on the beach"

Wherever you come from you have an interesting scale of offences - and I am pleased I don't come from there.

Get a Thai to make a judgement on that one..... dropping an empty bottle or dropping your trousers and getting your knob out (on a Baht bus) in broad daylight....

Edited by Jip99

Same as Thais? No they have enough brains to go behind a tree. Come on out the back of a bus! He would be locked up in most countries. another example of our high class tourists.

No, in the west, urinating in public is a minor misdemeanor punished with a fine. In Thailand, there is no statute criminalizing urinating in public. Instead, if police decide to present a charge of such a crime, the do it under the public indecency and morality law, an overly vague statute abused by the police for the purpose of extorting bribes. For that reason, Thais are completely unaware that urinating in public is a criminal offense. Because this was posted on social media, they can single out a farang for their public outrage, while ignoring that the offense is commonly engaged in freely by their own citizens.

*sigh* ... no .. sorry .. dead wrong.

Go to America, pull out your weiner in public and start peeing.. and by that , I mean in plain view ... for ALL to see. Men, women and CHILDREN.

Go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

This thread is a joke. if a Thai did this to 50 Farang, you would be looking to nail his hide on the wall.

That's true. I knew a guy who was sent to jail for pissing in a dark alley late at night in the U.S.

Even worse, in some states public urination can get you labeled as a sex offender ... which basically totally ruins the rest of your life.

I see plenty of people urinating in public everyday. if they really want to ban this, impose a fine on all citizens and not just an isolated case of a foreigner. Maybe more public bathrooms are needed too.

Agreed. Is there even one public toilet on the entire beach area in Pattaya? None that I can think off. That would unheard of in the real world. Certainly every beach in the UK would have at least one, even on the small beaches let alone a busy beach like Pattaya. Ridiculous.

I've been noticing that Thais are becoming more vocal in getting irritated with "Farangs" even in the smallest ways...something they were afraid of doing...say 10 years back.

Pissing out of the back of a songtaew isn't really that small.

Also the "outrage" is all on Facebook and other social media, which wasn't around 10 years ago.

You must be new in Thailand and has no idea of the norms here and what that foreigner did may be rude but it's not actually a very big thing compared to what other locals do which they call their norms.

And sorry to say that 10 years ago aside from FB there are plenty of other social media networking sites which are popular here in Thailand.

I see plenty of people urinating in public everyday. if they really want to ban this, impose a fine on all citizens and not just an isolated case of a foreigner. Maybe more public bathrooms are needed too.

Agreed. Is there even one public toilet on the entire beach area in Pattaya? None that I can think off. That would unheard of in the real world. Certainly every beach in the UK would have at least one, even on the small beaches let alone a busy beach like Pattaya. Ridiculous.

the concrete structure opposite Mikes seems to have a public urinal built into it, gets used by many of the locals anyway, altho they seem to prefer peeing under the boardwalk now. problem is without drainage it gets very smelly

Am I missing something? Nearly all the posters here assume he was whizzing off the bus as it was mooving.

In the pic on the news site he is clearly standing on the road behind the bus..not that if makes it any better.

But the mental picture of

the yellow stuff flying in all directions as a bus makes a turn..is a bit off-putting

Looks to me like he is standing on the rear footplate of the bus and behind the safety rail. Hard to tell from a still photo whether the bus was moving or not.

Regardless, pulling out one's knob in a busy street in broad daylight is very poor form. I hope he is not British.

Edit to say - Looking at the series of photos in the newspaper article, it is clear that the bus was moving at the time.

You are all missing something. Either that or been in Pattaya too long to know what is real anymore. Here's the vid (https://vid.me/suO8) (thanks to Stickboy), the guy is out of order and needs locking up.

Edited by MJKT2014

I can't believe anyone would defend this clown. This is no where near having a piss behind a tree or at the side of the road. This clown has his bell end out, middle of the day driving down the road and urinating in full view of all and sundry. Disgusting behaviour...

I can't believe anyone would defend this clown. This is no where near having a piss behind a tree or at the side of the road. This clown has his bell end out, middle of the day driving down the road and urinating in full view of all and sundry. Disgusting behaviour...

True, but at least he looks rather fit.

Maybe I should start taking pictures and posting up on social media all the Thais I see urinating in public. I doubt the Thais would disapprove and complain.

Go on then; particularly if you see them doing it on a baht bus in full frontal public view.

I have seen Thai and foreigners urinate openly on the pavement, I must admit I have seen more Thai people urinate in public than I have foreigners, the baht bus bit is a bit disgusting, but it was better than him urinating inside of the bus where every one will sit, and most Facebook users have nothing more to do with their lives than moan, or whinge , and you wont see many Thai pissing of a baht bus in full view of every one, because there is nothing worse than showing how small your cock is to the world

Reminds of the kid that gets banned from using the school swimming pool, when his mother asks the school principal why, the principal explains that it was because he was urinating in the pool.
"So what?" says the mum, "Everyone pees in a swimming pool"
"True" replied the school head "but not from the diving board"

My Thai friend Somchai who owns Somchai Trading in Laksi phoned me regarding this news article.

I asked him if it offended him, his reply was "no it has give me good idea, that is why I call you"

'oh really, what is your idea'

"I want to make like a tube made of polythene that fits to a bag you can keep in your pocket. If emergency and can not find hong naam, you take from pocket put bag down your trouser so it come out near feet, then you stick the tube round your ham with elastic bands so you can piss anywhere and it goes to bag, then when finished can take off and carry the bag"

I laughed and said "good idea Somchai but who wants to be seen carrying a bag of piss around with them?"

he replied "no problem, can cut off the tube and put a straw in the bag and people think you just buy drink from somewhere"

I replied 'it's a good idea but I don't think it will catch on'

He replied "ok thankyou I will try and redesign it, call you back again....."

I can't believe anyone would defend this clown.

I don't think many are defending him, however expressing shock and disgust at the 'deport him/lock him up/let the mob at him' lunatic fringe here.

After reading some of the posts on this topic, proof positive that Thailand should require IQ tests for resident farangs before giving them a long term visa, and a certificate stating applicant is free from mental health issues wouldn't go a miss either

Some real sad insecure individuals commenting on this topic

What about all the Thais who stop their truck and have a pee? I have it many times, a Thai guy standing in full view of passing traffic peeing away shamelessly instead of staying out of view at the nearside of the truck.

What about all the Thais who stop their truck and have a pee? I have it many times, a Thai guy standing in full view of passing traffic peeing away shamelessly instead of staying out of view at the nearside of the truck.

So were they waving their willies in your faces?? no did not think so, the <deleted> in the story obviously was - see the picture, anywhere else this would be classed as indecent exposure!!!!

That is not the same as peeing in public on a baht bus.

That is not the same as peeing in public on a baht bus.

its exactly the same, its peeing in full public view