PM wants media to stop wasting his time with nonsensical questions

Lite Beer

12-6-2558-22-09-28-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha told the media not to waste his time by repeatedly asking him whether he would stay on, whether he would stick to his roadmap or on reforms.

Speaking in his weekly “Returning Happiness to the People” programme, the prime minister said that such questions would make him moody because they are nonsense. He said he didn’t have much time left and did not want to waste his time with such questions.

The prime minister insisted that his government had already started implementing reforms which are now in the second stage. He said his government would do its best about reforms and if they are not completed, they would be passed on to the new government.

Pro-government groups and some members of the National Reform Council have been pushing for the government to say on for the next two years before there is an election.

(Photo : Thai PBS File)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-wants-media-to-stop-wasting-his-time-with-nonsensical-questions

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-12

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He should just shut the media down. They can't say anything or ask anything anyway. It's the right thing to do yo let him alone to o his job. He doesn't need governance an the Thai people don't nee or want it.

This is where Robert Amsterdam needs to come in and smooth out Prayut's rough edges again.

In these instances he reminds me so much of yingluck when she was PM and running from the media's questions. Although I must admit yingluck had a slightly different approach. She usually ignored the media or if you pulled the string on her back to make her talk she said "I was not informed of this".

Imagine what the reaction would be if he used that approach towards the media.

Part of a democracy is being open to media questioning ergo open to public scrutiny. Prayut never ever purported to be democratic yet still allows media to ask him questions of which he answers more of than the previous leader who stated at every sound byte "I am democratic".

He really does need an Amsterdam in his corner though.

Edited by djjamie

"Nonsensical" being any question he does not want to answer.

Like - "When will we have elections?" whistling.gif

I realize he is not what you would call a politician, he is a soldier at heart, but he sure does act like a polly.

Why not just take literally a minute to actually answer the bloody question then you need not be continually asked. It isn't rocket science.

Surely the Thai public you purport to represent have a right to know what is going on?

Edited by baboon

Old habits die hard

image795693x.jpg

The mission of the army and its backers to expunge Thailand from this man and his politics forever is supposedly because of stunts like that, but it is fine when they do the same, is it? Edited by baboon

He leads with his chin every time and yet appears to have a glass jaw. The constant moaning about the media is more reminiscent of a schoolyard bully than a soldier of rank. Are his colleagues too scared to tell him that he needs to listen to some advice about how to present his message to best effect?

"Nonsensical" being any question he does not want to answer.

Like - "When will we have elections?" whistling.gif

I realize he is not what you would call a politician, he is a soldier at heart, but he sure does act like a polly.

And soldiers are the least democratically orientated people of all! ?

He leads with his chin every time and yet appears to have a glass jaw. The constant moaning about the media is more reminiscent of a schoolyard bully than a soldier of rank. Are his colleagues too scared to tell him that he needs to listen to some advice about how to present his message to best effect?

Yes.

He should just shut the media down. They can't say anything or ask anything anyway. It's the right thing to do yo let him alone to o his job. He doesn't need governance an the Thai people don't nee or want it.

Just shutdown the entire network communications of Thailand for eternity, problem solved....

That's the definition of a free press. Once you start curtailing what they can and can't ask... You get North Korea.

Old habits die hard

image795693x.jpg

The mission of the army and its backers to expunge Thailand from this man and his politics forever is supposedly because of stunts like that, but it is fine when they do the same, is it?

......... and I thought the attempt to pass the amnesty bill was one of the main stunts (apart from many other improper/illegal 'stunts') that resulted in Thaksin's lost glory.

This is where Robert Amsterdam needs to come in and smooth out Prayut's rough edges again.

In these instances he reminds me so much of yingluck when she was PM and running from the media's questions. Although I must admit yingluck had a slightly different approach. She usually ignored the media or if you pulled the string on her back to make her talk she said "I was not informed of this".

Part of a democracy is being open to media questioning ergo open to public scrutiny. Prayut never ever purported to be democratic yet still allows media to ask him questions of which he answers more of than the previous leader who stated at every sound byte "I am democratic".

Not sure what is in the General's heart but as far as trying to run the country as a PM goes he has proved to be a bit of a dud.

Cannot really compare him to Yingluck except for the fact that neither had any political experience before becoming leader of the country.

The lady I buy bananas and grapes from in Wororot Market could have run the country better than Yingluck.

I think his biggest fault is that he is still thinking and acting like an army General and it is not working. You may be able to get away with it in the Army but you cannot talk to people like they are s**t in his present position.

I have been called an ass licking junta lover by some of the morons who haunt this forum but the truth is the only good things that come out of the coup was to rein in the out of control PTP party, stopping the murder of people on the streets by the redshirts, and paying the farmers the money they have been owed for ages.

The rest has been pretty ordinary and I don't blame people calling for elections. I am not attacking the junta but I think it is time the soldiers returned to their barracks.

troll again and again

The thread is about the General and media and you find a way of bringing up your unabashed prejudices about Yingluck "was worse than him" the thread is NOT about that - give it a REST

If PM and his cohorts stopped making stupid statements the media might not ask stupid questions. Thats assuming the PM would understand something sensible!

Actually, it does not matter who is in power the Thai media will still ask stupid questions.

troll again and again

The thread is about the General and media and you find a way of bringing up your unabashed prejudices about Yingluck "was worse than him" the thread is NOT about that - give it a REST

I am sorry my dear friend it is not about any General and the media. It is about the Prime Minister and the media. You are not able to explain to me what the article is about yet lecture me on my reaction to it?? Quite perplexing to say the least.

To make it a bit easier to understand for you my friend I will extrapolate. I was in fact making a comparison between this prime ministers interactions with the media in comparison with the previous prime ministers interactions with the media while making one ponder the stark difference in reactions when one PM ignores the media who proclaimed to be democratic while the other is abrupt with the media while never purporting to be democratic.

When yingluck was PM and ignored the media she was defended by the very same people denouncing this PM for being abrupt...If he ignored the media would those same people defend him? Of course not.

Apologies if you didn't understand the article, but that is no reason to react toward me this way.

Have great day my dear friend.

troll again and again

I am sorry my dear friend it is not about any General and the media. It is about the Prime Minister and the media. You are not able to explain to me what the article is about yet lecture me on my reaction to it?? Quite perplexing to say the least.

To make it a bit easier to understand for you my friend I will extrapolate. I was in fact making a comparison between this prime ministers interactions with the media in comparison with the previous prime ministers interactions with the media while making one ponder the stark difference in reactions when one PM ignores the media who proclaimed to be democratic while the other is abrupt with the media while never purporting to be democratic.

When yingluck was PM and ignored the media she was defended by the very same people denouncing this PM for being abrupt...If he ignored the media would those same people defend him? Of course not.

Apologies if you didn't understand the article, but that is no reason to react toward me this way.

There is every reason to react to you that way. This thread is not about Yingluck's handling of the media no matter how much you wish it could be so. Still, enjoy your baiting and fake wounded innocence...

troll again and again

He makes some valid points. The truth hurts my man

The man who led a coup, essentially appointed himself PM, and invoked a rule that gives him nearly complete power, likes to play the victim.

I walked into our "Thai TV Room" last night and my wife was folding bed sheets, with her back to the TV. On the screen was a full image of the PM. I assumed they were reporting on his weekly address. I said, "You're not watching this?" Her reply was short and sweet, "I don't like him." She says he talks like a thug and has a bad attitude (not jai dee).

I guess he's wearing out his welcome. The Thai press are toothless, but they can still yip and whine. Expect more of this.

Very few guys who get into power know when to leave. They usually stay too long; and then bad things happen.

(And for all you guys with Thaksin Derangement Syndrome - oh yes, all of these comments could apply to him and Yingluck as well! Mercy me.)

Its the inheratence of the old politrix machine.

Deaf dumb and blinded qustioning and everyone had the right to write his own scoop based on rumors and backstabbing.

Now that a result driven no nonsense PM runs the show, the line of questioning stands out.........and reminds the general of a bad soap.

No wonder he gets moody once in a while!

To be fair, there have been quite a few nonsensical statements coming out of the PM's mouth since he took power, so when you get a stupid question just counter with one of your statements..., or call it even and go back to straighten out them lottery vendors!

Edited by klauskunkel

Lol he has shut the media down. It's called self censorship and those that don't abide like Peace TV get shut down.

while the other is abrupt with the media while never purporting to be democratic...............................

Thai democracy will never die, because I’m a soldier with a democratic heart. I have taken over the power because I want democracy to live on,” the junta-leader-cum-prime minister declared, adding that the situation in Thailand was unique, as nowhere else was a coup staged to restore democracy. “We are building democracy every day…

Edited by graft