Looking for a falang person who can fix a leaking roof

thailoneus

^^^Give it time. The roof guys are just getting off the job.

BTW, I'm assuming you're looking for a Farang contractor, who has Thai workers doing the actual work/job?

Edited by Shot

Shot, The answer is, yes. I need a falang to go up the roof and attic and give me a rational explanation for the leaks and what should be done to fix it.

Madmitch, That may be true, but getting them to take on a job like this is almost impossible. I also don't agree with their logic about the reason for the leaks after 2 yrs of no problem.

Shot, The answer is, yes. I need a falang to go up the roof and attic and give me a rational explanation for the leaks and what should be done to fix it.

Madmitch, That may be true, but getting them to take on a job like this is almost impossible. I also don't agree with their logic about the reason for the leaks after 2 yrs of no problem.

"The answer is, yes. I need a falang to go up the roof and attic and give me a rational explanation for the leaks and what should be done to fix it." - the farang will "supervise" or "manage" Thai staff.

The farang is not allowed to do ANY of the work himself.

There are Thai's that speak English.If your looking for A foreigner that speaks English to give you an explanation then you might

End up getting more wet.The longer you have roof problems the worse it will get and the more money you will spend.

There are good Thai construction companies that can explain it to you in English.

You need to remember you moved toThailand.Thailand did not move to you.

There are Thai's that speak English.If your looking for A foreigner that speaks English to give you an explanation then you might

End up getting more wet.The longer you have roof problems the worse it will get and the more money you will spend.

There are good Thai construction companies that can explain it to you in English.

You need to remember you moved toThailand.Thailand did not move to you.

"There are good Thai construction companies" cheesy.gif

I do not know how much you want to spend, but applying PU foam to the underside of the roof tiles (or whatever roof material you have) will stop the leaks, while adding both thermal and acoustic insulation. I did my house and love the stuff. But it is expensive. I highly recommend Karl Lohr of Lohr Trade. If interested, PM me for his email address or go to his website: http://www.lohr-trade.com/

You mention the tiles are cement tiles. In which case they could be CPac tiles. If they are you can contact CPac and they will give you the telephone number of the local approved contractor in your area. CPac contractors guarantee their work.

If they are not CPac talk to your local Homemart shop and get the number of the installer they use.

Extremely doubtful that you will ever find a European roofing contractor

We have recently repaired some roof leaks successfully. It is quite possible the problem stems from the capping tiles on top of the roof as they can be cemented on which can crack. The water gets through then trails down the inside of the roof before dropping off which is where you will see water stains in the gypsum ceiling. The cracks in the cement can appear over time or could have happened recently through the earthquakes. Feel free to PM me if you want assistance.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I am having the same roof leaking problems as these posts.  I have had several contractors try to fix it and even had foam sprayed under the tiles and they still leak.  Would somebody please suggest someone who can repair it before I go broke!

Edited by curlyphyl
mis spelled words

1 hour ago, curlyphyl said:

I am having the same roof leaking problems as these posts.  I have had several contractors try to fix it and even had foam sprayed under the tiles and they still leak.  Would somebody please suggest someone who can repair it before I go broke!

Valantine is right about the roof leak problem in post 13

Had the same type of leak where the water was leaking in at the roof capping tiles and traveling down the tile support beams and showing up at a different location on the ceiling

Thai handyman fixed the problem with rolls of bitumen impregnated material by taking the roof capping tiles of and laying the bitumen impregnated material and replacing the tiles on top of it

The rolls of material came from a building hardware supplier on the bypass road, i cannot remember the name but its on the right hand side heading north   

2 hours ago, madmax2 said:

Valantine is right about the roof leak problem in post 13

Had the same type of leak where the water was leaking in at the roof capping tiles and traveling down the tile support beams and showing up at a different location on the ceiling

Thai handyman fixed the problem with rolls of bitumen impregnated material by taking the roof capping tiles of and laying the bitumen impregnated material and replacing the tiles on top of it

The rolls of material came from a building hardware supplier on the bypass road, i cannot remember the name but its on the right hand side heading north   

Any decent builder merchant would have these rolls of bitumen. The huge place on the bypass is called Sangchai.

On 12/11/2016 at 5:52 PM, Howitzer said:

Just curious why must it be a farang and not a thai? Any issues with a thai?

Plenty of good Thai tradespeople around if you ask local people in the know like people do in our area

Farangs do not do the job themselves but employ Thai or Myanmar workers to do the job and put their profit on top of the job cost which can be quite a lot but not always the case