Cigar Humidor - Where can I find in Thailand

kbelyeu

I've been shopping for a large electric humidor that is about 75 to 100 litre capacity (roughly 1000 sticks) to put in my home here in Thailand but I haven't had much luck. If anyone has any suggestions as to where I can source locally or international please share them here.

Thanks in advance.

Kurt

I have two wine refridgerators that I use that I bought in Pattaya. Good for Keeping the temperature down but not as good for keeping the humidity at the proper level.

I would'nt want to be leaving my Cohiba Behike in your fridge then or smoking any of your cigars, maybe I might place a bottle of Lambrini in it though....Oh and what ever you do DON'T leave any Gurkha Black Dragon in it....bah.gif

And for Kbelyeu for the amount of cigars you seem to want to store, you'll probably need some kind of cabinet humidor..And a sense of humour if you want to use a wine refridgerator.....bah.gif .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humidor

Edited by MB1

Cigar smoking in Thailand is not a hobby shared by many people, I'm yet to see a Thai

person smokes a good stick, of course, you have the odd one here and there, but nothing

to be conceded as serious smoking, hence the unavailability of good supply of cigars

selection and accessories, not to mention the premium price being asked for good quality

cigars being sold at some of the top hotels in Bkk,

and as for a humidor, unless you make one or bring one with you on your next trip, it will

be very hard to find one here....

I have two wine refridgerators that I use that I bought in Pattaya. Good for Keeping the temperature down but not as good for keeping the humidity at the proper level.

I would'nt want to be leaving my Cohiba Behike in your fridge then or smoking any of your cigars, maybe I might place a bottle of Lambrini in it though....Oh and what ever you do DON'T leave any Gurkha Black Dragon in it....bah.gif

And for Kbelyeu for the amount of cigars you seem to want to store, you'll probably need some kind of cabinet humidor..And a sense of humour if you want to use a wine refridgerator.....bah.gif .

I have no intentions of using a wine chiller to store my collection and in my original post I was specifying a large cabinet type humidor as I plan to have 20+ boxes in the next 12 - 24 months. My current setup is a very large SAFE but I am wanting more of a display type cabinet to put in my office.

Thanks for the responses.. I've seen a few decent options on Alibaba but you know what you get from sources like that.. found a 100 L model for 725USD plus 650 USD for delivery by DHL.

If any smokers wind up in Patts drop me a PM maybe we can enjoy a nice smoke and some whiskey.

Kurt

I would agree that finding a humidor here will be difficult. Your best bet, besides importing one, might be to have one built to your specifications. As with most imported goods into Thailand, cigars are well outside of the normal Thai's economics and so there is a limit to selection and accessories. Wish you well, at 20 boxes you'll be good to go for quite a while. Hopefully those don't get tagged by customs. Remember if you desire an electric one it should be 220v. :)

Edited by ramrod45

Not as crazy as you seem to think. Go read the last paragraph of the link you posted. I use the wine fridge exclusivly for cigars and keep them at the highest temperature setting which is too warm for wine but just right for cigars.

The arab airports like Dubai or Abu Dhabi have a big collection of cigars and very luxury items. I'll be there soon and just have a look around. They also have a many cigars there i noticed.

Thian,

Yeah.. I usually grab a couple boxes each time I pass through Dubai. The prices are ok but there are much better sources online that guarantee delivery. PM me if you want details.

Kurt

Not as crazy as you seem to think. Go read the last paragraph of the link you posted. I use the wine fridge exclusivly for cigars and keep them at the highest temperature setting which is too warm for wine but just right for cigars.

Yeah.. I hear you but my wine cooler only goes up to 20 degrees which is much too cold. Do you know some models sold in Thailand that go higher?

Kurt

Yeah.. I hear you but my wine cooler only goes up to 20 degrees which is much too cold. Do you know some models sold in Thailand that go higher?

Kurt

20c (68F) is fine for cigars. Not necessary to run the cooling at all though if you found one you liked and it met your other requirements. Mine have a glass front, and an inside light, and the shelves can be put in so the slant down towards the front.

Anyway it's just a suggestion and it isn't necessarily the best for you.

Another thought would be to get 3-4 large, glass-top humidors, and a nice credenza or table to set them on. Much easier option