yellow book for sim card ?

motyduke

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tons of thread ? i can not find ...and infos on website of True , ais , very hard to find...their english version are very poor

are you joking or just trolling ? coffee1.gif

i am not joking and not trolling . I really didn't find threads about yellow book to have postpaid simcard

My closest AIS (Central Bangna) accepts both Thai drivers licences and yellow books for registration.

If your phone is 2G (whatever that means here), they'll give you a new, cheapo 3G phone (INRON)...for free!

yes i went there and they tell me same : yellow book or thaï driving license . But i dont have ! My question was how to do to have and seems really difficult to get this yellow book so i Will get prepaid package

I am so surprised that this book, almost unknown to most of the Thais, has been asked by multiple AIS outlets.

I am reading in this forum for about 5 years and can not remember such requirement.

Haha, should you be saying things like thus in Wayward Pines?

No need to spend a lot on a 3G data package. AIS have a 199 baht/month package that gives you 300 MB of data, which is more than enough for social media apps as long as you do not download too many videos.

Of course with the cheapest package you get no free calls, SMSs etc. But it suits my needs very well (AIS used to have a 99 baht 90 MB package that I could even stretch out to last a month, now discontinued). As mentioned already, you can have your SIM card upgraded free to access 3G when you buy the package in an AIS shop. Not sure about 4G though.

Post paid is going to be impossible unless you want it in a thai name, infinitely more difficult given your situation. Even if you did get the bill you might find it difficult to understand how much and how to pay.

Forget postpaid.

Go get a pre paid SIM card 3/4G and get a thai person to show you how to subscribe to a data package. It seems how much you pay and what package you select determines the speed and data allowance.

I've been here four years and had 3G internet on pre paid the whole time it's so simple. I use internet sharing through my phone and connect my laptop through the wifi connection I set from my phone. All simple all pre paid all inexpensive.