Ashes 2015

7by7

Excellent start by the boys.

Would like to see us make 450/500 and declare 40 mins before the tea break if possible.

The pitch is coming under fire again from the media.

I don't know what's going on but unless you're playing in the sub-continent, you should expect

some life in the first session.

I'm glad we won the toss that's all I can say.

BTW, I thought it was very ordinary by Australia not to take up Cooks offer of a drink after the first test.

Not very Australian at all methinks.

Make 450/500 runs,to hell with it.

Lets bat for 5 days and take the draw.tongue.png

Edited by farmerjo

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fantastic performances from Smith and Rodgers, and Nevill on debut; but the other Australian batsmen were very ordinary; except Clarke who was rubbish..

Although to be fair to Johnson and Starc, they were obviously instructed to hit everything.

Broad performed magnificently yesterday, shame Clarke didn't delay the declaration so he could get his five for!

Canny decision, though. Had he declared at tea then Lyth and Cook would have had time to rest, maybe shower, change and get ready. Coming back out after tea and waiting for the next wicket to fall, which as it happens only took one over, meant they had to rush in, get padded up and be back out within 10 minutes.

Not that any of that excuses the poor shots played by the four who got out.

Especially Bell, whose experience should have told him what was required; block, block, block; occupy the crease; don't take risks.

However, not all doom and gloom; yet. We've seen what an on form batsman can produce on this pitch, and it only needs one Englishman to do that, with support from the others, to reach the target of 367 and avoid the follow on.

If they can do that, then expect a draw; which is the best England can hope for. It'll take a miracle for England to win this game.

However, looking on the bright side, had you said to Cook that the series would be 1-1 after Lords, I bet he would have taken that. I know I would have done!

Current Bond film director Sam Mendes is TMS guest at lunch; which prompted Aggers earlier to ask listeners for Bond titles starring cricketers.

Someone came up for this classic with Boycott as Bond:

Dr. No, yes, no, yes; sorry!

Interesting 1st session i reckon. England wijll be looking to bowl about 15 overs in 2 hours and AUstralia will be looking to score at 6 an over...

Might as well go the tonk and look for 8 an over.'

Anyway...we might need 5 sessions to bowl England out.

Good to see Johnson getting a few on a pitch that doesn't suit him...and the Family Man, Mitchy Marsh!... i saw a photo of Watto in the dressing room with his shirt off! Looks like he goes the full wax.

Looks like this will be over in four days; England now 52 for 5.

Stokes run out!

He would have been safe if he had run his bat along the ground; but he didn't. <deleted>?

Stokes run out!

He would have been safe if he had run his bat along the ground; but he didn't. <deleted>?

Indeed it's been a complete contrast from the 1st test that's for sure.

I'm confident if I go to bed in around 10 minutes when I look again in the morning it will all be done and dusted lol.

Stokes run out!

I'm confident if I go to bed in around 10 minutes when I look again in the morning it will all be done and dusted lol.

I hope it will

Now 7 for 68

This is a batsman's wicket.

What has happened?

Edit

9 /102

Edited by ripstanley

Stokes run out!

I hope it will

Now 7 for 68

What has happened?

Totally outclassed by the aussies batsmen and bowlers, sorry nearly forgot the fielders.

Stokes run out!

I hope it will

Now 7 for 68

What has happened?

Totally outclassed by the aussies batsmen and bowlers, sorry nearly forgot the fielders.

England ALL OUT in 37 over.

Great comeback from Cardiff.

You beauties

Now I will go to bed.

Edited by ripstanley

The talk of if Starc doesn't come up siddle may get a start.

For mine i would pick Cummings even with little match practise as he has an amazing ability to take wickets and hits the deck hard.

And out of left field i would include Mitch Marsh at the expense of Johnson unless its a very different pitch.

Mind you with all my talk about bowlers,we did take 20 wickets.Just didn't make the runs.

I agree with you about Cummings. Siddle is a plodder who can dry up an end.

Cummings can be explosive.

Leave out MJblink.png

Apart from the fact that he's still the most dangerous and quickest, he

top scored in the 2nd innings.

MM in for Watson I reckon and haddin and Voges are on their last chance.

It wouldn't surprise me if they picked Shaun Marsh for Voges though.

The Lord pitch won't be the same as Cardiff.

I'm probably being hard on Johnson but if the pitch doesn't allow him to rough up the batsmen,he just leaks to many runs trying to pitch it up all the time.

Now, can we stop all of this talk about dropping MJtongue.png

The talk of if Starc doesn't come up siddle may get a start.

For mine i would pick Cummings even with little match practise as he has an amazing ability to take wickets and hits the deck hard.

And out of left field i would include Mitch Marsh at the expense of Johnson unless its a very different pitch.

Mind you with all my talk about bowlers,we did take 20 wickets.Just didn't make the runs.

I agree with you about Cummings. Siddle is a plodder who can dry up an end.

Cummings can be explosive.

Leave out MJblink.png

Apart from the fact that he's still the most dangerous and quickest, he

top scored in the 2nd innings.

MM in for Watson I reckon and haddin and Voges are on their last chance.

It wouldn't surprise me if they picked Shaun Marsh for Voges though.

The Lord pitch won't be the same as Cardiff.

I'm probably being hard on Johnson but if the pitch doesn't allow him to rough up the batsmen,he just leaks to many runs trying to pitch it up all the time.

Now, can we stop all of this talk about dropping MJtongue.png

Sometimes you just have to fire them up.tongue.png