Phuket Airport. Damaged oil pan of BIG BIKE driving up small ramp to get to advised parking lot.

ALFREDO

Travelinsurance can cover this, check the policy.

We drove into Sheraton hotel at the river, guided by the guards as well. Then also a big noise was heard and the bumper of the 2 year old Honda car hit the floor at the (steap) ramp and it fell off.

The hotel didn't give a dime and the owner had to push the bumper back on her car herself.

I just park where i like now, no matter what the guards tell me. I've had them chasing me while yelling "accuu me sur" but i don't speak that language and just walk.

Motorbike customers are treated like thai personell on scooters, have to park in the back somewhere on a full parking. I have several scratches on my bikes from that so now i just park where i like. They should be happy i come by bike and not by car so i don't need a parkingspot on the car lot.

-Thian-

Thank you for your positive posting and your experience.

Next time I know also better.

Regarding your advice, sorry, I am a long timer here in TH, no more travel insurance. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd

I blame "everybody"? no, only one, the AOT who ordered me, to use that unsuited parking space with signs and verbal orders.

3rd

No error in judgement, it was not foreseeable, sure not from a driver of a some hours before rented motorbike, that to use that ramp could have that mishap.

"Ordered" may not be the term you are looking for. In your original post you said, "I asked security, they advised"...

In your own judgement it was an 'unsuited parking space" which you chose to use despite its unsuitability and your own inexperience on that motorcycle because otherwise you "would have been the only one parking not upstairs".

You could have easily chosen to listen to your own misgivings regarding the suitability of the parking and just parked where you felt was suitable. As you know from being here for so long, airport staff would assume an expensive, brand new, big-bike belonged to a V.I.P. and you could have parked anywhere with impunity.

You are a -hair splinter- and I am no Engish native, so excuse my different wordings.

I asked the security near the motorbike parking if I could park the motorbike near them - VIP parking,

they said no, I shall park where all motorbike are parked -upstairs one of the ramps-

Anyway - the ramp seemed ok and not too dangerous going up,

I was only concerned, if I could not turn around, I would have to go backwards down,

which I did not like to do.

If I have known, that the bike has a aluminium oil pan, I would possibly also be more careful.

anyway it happened and I try now.

Not your problem, so why so many give their unuseful mustard here is not understood by me.

Schadenfreude - Malicious Joy?

All have some -shares- from AOT in their pocket.? lol wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Comprehension not one of your stronger points ?

"sarcasm" [sahr-kaz-uh m] noun 1.harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2.a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark:
Alfredo, mate... in common speak it's called thking the piss out of someone.
Cheers..... Mal.
Yes, I know, yellow card coming.

NO!

Not understand

and I think I did not make such sarcastic remarks all my Forum time in German Forums or on Thaivisa.com

I do not even understand why you and some others write here at all.

Nothing else to do than to tease somebody who has not so much money and is,

therefore, sorry for losing a nice sum in such a small mishap.

Shame on you all. bah.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

Alfredo, this is a forum. You have started a topic here for us to read and comment on. Many people took the time to give their view on what happened to you. You should appreciate that. IMO, nobody went too far in expressing their opinion. And if they did, the mods would have jumped in... I guess. If you don't like somebody's opinion, just move on and ignore it. Don't need to get over excited. Conclusion: The majority clearly doesn't agree with the way you see it. You can do whatever you want with that information. But a comment like "Shame on you all" is really unnecessary.

Yes it is sh.t that you lost a sum of money but sometimes sh.it just happens. But I am sure that this won't happen to you again. In other words, you learned from it. So move on and don't waste too much time arguing with people you have had nice conversations with in other threads. It's just not worth it. Just continue being the positive, bike loving guy you are.

Edited by Nickymaster

Alfredo, this is a forum. You have started a topic here for us to read and comment on. Many people took the time to give their view on what happened to you. You should appreciate that. IMO, nobody went too far in expressing their opinion. And if they did, the mods would have jumped in... I guess. If you don't like somebody's opinion, just move on and ignore it. Don't need to get over excited. Conclusion: The majority clearly doesn't agree with the way you see it. You can do whatever you want with that information. But a comment like "Shame on you all" is really unnecessary.

Yes it is sh.t that you lost a sum of money but sometimes sh.it just happens. But I am sure that this won't happen to you again. In other words, you learned from it. So move on and don't waste too much time arguing with people you have had nice conversations with in other threads. It's just not worth it. Just continue being the positive, bike loving guy you are.

Great post.

Alfredo, most on here ask & receive a bit of information & advice, correct or not. A lot of what is said is tongue in cheek & for entertainment, being justified or not.

If you keep responding you are asking for "smart arse comments"... kinda like making yourself a target. Don't take it all so seriously.

Enjoy your biking...... & take care where you park. :-)

Cheers..... Mal.

Hey Alfredo.

I own the same bike as you mention here, FZ09.

I have also had one encounter with a concrete speed bump but I find its the exhaust that touches down first. Bike has an Akra fitted from Yamaha.

I now go over the bumps at an angle, so not to have the exhaust ground.

No issue with the sump though.

By the way, what bike did you settle on buying?

Is it the 821 Monster and have you bought it yet?

Just too many, -teasers- in my understanding - if I feel pissed from that, I share my frustration. blink.pngbah.gif

So I am. tongue.png

Hey Alfredo.

I own the same bike as you mention here, FZ09.

I have also had one encounter with a concrete speed bump but I find its the exhaust that touches down first. Bike has an Akra fitted from Yamaha.

I now go over the bumps at an angle, so not to have the exhaust ground.

No issue with the sump though.

By the way, what bike did you settle on buying?

Is it the 821 Monster and have you bought it yet?

That bike had an after market - good loud exhaust, did not check if only slip on or complete exhaust new,

so that could have changed something too.blink.png

My thread regarding buying a motorbike you follow -soihok-, as I saw.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/826754-ducati-monster-821-yamaha-mt-09-kawasaki-z-800-which-one/page-10

The Ducati Monster 821 - yes would be my choice, if that bike is not so much more higher in price. rolleyes.gif

When I look at the sums to pay,
Original - Ducati 821 470.000 Honda 650 285.000 B. = -185.000 B.
With Performance exhaust on Ducati
+ 50.000 = 520.000 and Honda 650 + 25.000 ? = 310.000 = -210.000
As I have limited funds,
I have to ask myself, is, was the Ducati so much better and also think, how much fun can I have with that
200.000 B. difference
Now good possibility I go with the red pen - meaning, take the less expensive bike. thumbsup.gif

Interesting posts here - I have often told the missus to pipe down when the security guards indicate I should leave my bike in the scooter parking area.

I know no one will be liable apart from the rider in circumstances like the OP's. even tho the guards who are employees told him where to park the bike.

One place that I refused to park the other week, was a 90 degree turn with railings either side at the end of a long and narrow railed path, I was on my bike with aluminium hard cases either side, I'm only a meter and a bit slimmer than a car, yet the security guards were still insisting I couldn't park elsewhere and still chased me all over the car park until I backed into a parking space, removed the keys and refused to acknowledge their presence.

I don't want to be this ignorant guy - but there's no reasoning with these guys, you just have park where you think is safe.

It's not often I take the big bike to these places, because it's just a <deleted> headache. I got to hand it to central festival tho, I spend more money there since they have sorted out their superbike parking than before.

Interesting posts here - I have often told the missus to pipe down when the security guards indicate I should leave my bike in the scooter parking area.

I don't want to be this ignorant guy - but there's no reasoning with these guys, you just have park where you think is safe.

-recom273-

Thank you for your positive styled contribution here. Sure, I make it similar next time.

Only - could happen, that your tires are without air or more bad, pierced when you come back. whistling.gif

Comprehension not one of your stronger points ?

"sarcasm" [sahr-kaz-uh m] noun 1.harsh or bitter derision or irony.

2.a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark:

Alfredo, mate... in common speak it's called thking the piss out of someone.

Cheers..... Mal.

Yes, I know, yellow card coming.

NO!

Not understand

and I think I did not make such sarcastic remarks all my Forum time in German Forums or on Thaivisa.com

I do not even understand why you and some others write here at all.

Nothing else to do than to tease somebody who has not so much money and is,

therefore, sorry for losing a nice sum in such a small mishap.

Shame on you all. bah.gif

if you don't have much money, rent a small bike

One more -know it all- "smart aleck" rolleyes.gif

Same flesh flies, they like to lay their eggs in rotten meat,

with all other scavengers.

I believe, if only people with "much money" rent bigger vehicles, with 2 or 4 wheels all over the world,

not many big motorbikes and cars would be rented out.

People with -much money- just buy a vehicle or drive in Chauffeur driven Limousines.tongue.png

Anyway,

when you have absolutely no sorry feelings to loose 17.300.- Baht instead of 1.500 Baht rent, with such a small mishap, then please send me the money.thumbsup.gif

I can send you my Thai Bank account in PM. The sum = seems nothing for you, then please send.

Thank you.smile.png

One more -know it all- "smart aleck" rolleyes.gif

Same flesh flies, they like to lay their eggs in rotten meat,

with all other scavengers.

I believe, if only people with "much money" rent bigger vehicles, with 2 or 4 wheels all over the world,

not many big motorbikes and cars would be rented out.

People with -much money- just buy a vehicle or drive in Chauffeur driven Limousines.tongue.png

Anyway,

when you have absolutely no sorry feelings to loose 17.300.- Baht instead of 1.500 Baht rent, with such a small mishap, then please send me the money.thumbsup.gif

I can send you my Thai Bank account in PM. The sum = seems nothing for you, then please send.

Thank you.smile.png

i don't like you

• 1 month later...

At least - the Phuket Airport is still writing with me and until now at least, I did not read a NO to my complaint.

So, I still hope. wink.png

you won't get a NO bur you won't get a YES either, keep on dreaming

Thank you for your support, always good to have people in a positive mood around you and writing to you,

that keeps helping a positive spirit in a our cold and even colder world. thumbsup.gif

Now I know, why your chosen name remembers me always to the name -Skunk- they also leave an unwanted, unneeded mark where they appear. bah.gif

I sent your posting to AOT Phuket - maybe it helps. tongue.png

At least - the Phuket Airport is still writing with me and until now at least, I did not read a NO to my complaint.

So, I still hope. wink.png

you won't get a NO bur you won't get a YES either, keep on dreaming

Thank you for your support, always good to have people in a positive mood around you and writing to you,

that keeps helping a positive spirit in a our cold and even colder world. thumbsup.gif

Now I know, why your chosen name remembers me always to the name -Skunk- they also leave an unwanted, unneeded mark where they appear. bah.gif

I sent your posting to AOT Phuket - maybe it helps. tongue.png

pretty warm overhere