Student activists defy military order

webfact

Student activists defy military order

S__1253380-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Seven Dao Din student activists, who are wanted by police for violating the rally ban, turned up in front of the Pathumwan police station at 1:09 pm Wednesday.

The students, who called themselves the Magnificent Seven and made a poster on their Facebook wall like the movie poster, refused to meet police investigators last week after their temporary release expired. They instead challenged police to arrest them in Loei’s Wang Sapung district.

The seven rallied at the Khon Kaen Democracy Monument against the coup on the first anniversary of May 22 coup.

During the rally in front of the Pathumwan Police station Wednesday, Rangsiman Rome, read a statement before the police station.

In the statement, he said the seven students refused to acknowledge the charges against them and other student activists.

The seven said they showed up at the station to provide moral support to the group of nine students who are wanted by the Pathumwan police station.

The nine students Wednesday filed a complaint with the station against police officers for allegedly abusing their authority when they arrested the nine students when they protested at the Bangkok Art and Culture Centre on the coup anniversary day.

A handful of student activists showed up at Pathumwan police station this afternoon saying they arrived today to file criminal charge against the police and soldiers who used force to detain them on May 22 this year.

The students, nine of them, were wanted by Pathumwan police for defying political gathering ban.

In a statement read in front of the police station at about 1 pm by a 22-year-old activist Rangsiman Rome said they wouldn’t acknowledge charges filed by the police for holding anti-military coup on May 22 in front of the Bangkok Art and Culture Centre marking the coup’s one year anniversary.

Instead they wanted to file charges against the police and soldiers who used force to end their democratic activities. They also said they would not accept the power of the military junta.

Eight of this group of activist students showed today. Another activist didn’t show up because she was booked by police at a hospital where she went for sickness treatment.

Also coming to give morale support to this group of students are seven students from the so-called Dao Din Group.

This student group also faced same charge by the police for holding anti coup activities at the Democracy monument in Khon Kaen province on May 22.

The group was temporarily freed on bails earlier.

The group also would not acknowledge the charge.

The two groups of students later announced the formation of “Neo Democratic Movement” to campaign against the military rule.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/student-activists-defy-military-order

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-24

Good on them. At least some people have the balls to stand up for their own rights and not lay down and bow to an illegitimate military bunch of criminals and cohorts who's only interest is protection of their corrupt businesses no matter what cost to the country.

“We must begin where we are and move forward immediately by starting small and capitalizing on what's at hand.”― Mike Schmoker, Results
The good General and his henchmen must be deliriously happy with this incident and will be poised like a great cat to spring into action as soon as it escalates. It is the desire of these ruling zealots to have an excuse to restore martial law, but next time the blood of innocent peoples will be spilled.

Under the NWO blueprint, most citizens of ASEAN countries are marked for extinction, all borders become one and the area ruler will be China. Time for a reality check good people, you will not see another democratic election take place in this country. <snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
Dangerous speculation removed

This may be more threatening to the established order than it is generally perceived.

These students are becoming increasingly organized.

As I understand it, they are creating something they want to call "The New Democracy".........Not sure what the difference is between old and new Democracy, but as I understand it, they want an all-encompassing, inclusive Democratic approach. What they mean by "all-encompassing", I can only speculate about.

They are using the fist as a symbol, with each finger representing some sort of principle: Human Rights, Democracy, Justice, Co-operation, peaceful.

They are few in number at the moment...But as this article states and I quote: They also said they would not accept the power of the military junta.

Is all of this significant.......I dunno.

Edited by Bannum opinions

This may be more threatening to the established order than it is generally perceived.

As I understand it, they are creating something they want to call "The New Democracy".........Not sure what the difference is between old and new Democracy, but as I understand it, they want an all-encompassing, inclusive Democratic approach. What they mean by "all-encompassing", I can only speculate about.

They are using the fist as a symbol, with each finger representing some sort of principle: Human Rights, Democracy, Justice, Co-operation, peaceful.

They are few in number at the moment...But as this article states and I quote: They also said they would not accept the power of the military junta.

"The New Democracy"....

Good for them. No PTP. No Dems.No Shinawatras. No military. No political dinosaurs. No nepotism.

Power to the people.

How does that sound?

We must begin where we are and move forward immediately by starting small and capitalizing on what's at hand.― Mike Schmoker, Results

The good General and his henchmen must be deliriously happy with this incident and will be poised like a great cat to spring into action as soon as it escalates. It is the desire of these ruling zealots to have an excuse to restore martial law, but next time the blood of innocent peoples will be spilled.

Under the NWO blueprint, most citizens of ASEAN countries are marked for extinction, all borders become one and the area ruler will be China. Time for a reality check good people, you will not see another democratic election take place in this country. <snip>

Tend to agree.

There most probably will not be another democratic election for many years, if ever.

It's too late.

But bless the kids for trying.

For all their bravery, they actually look quite scared.

Thailand should be very proud of them.

I am very proud of them.

"The New Democracy"....

Good for them. No PTP. No Dems.No Shinawatras. No military. No political dinosaurs. No nepotism.

Power to the people.

How does that sound?

Sounds like it's the way it should be, but isn't allowed to be ?

"The New Democracy"....

Power to the people.

How does that sound?

Sorry to burst your bubble but it sounds like a jail sentence to me and a lobotomy afterwards.

This probably will confirm belief (and practices) of elite that a bit of education is a dangerous thing in Thailand. OMG look! They are thinking for themselves! Can't have that. Keep them barefoot and pregnant....

Perhaps they should highlight the names of the Hi So corrupt until the courts can no longer take the strain of overwhelming defamation and computer crimes cases. Fighting the cops and the military is difficult and dangerous.

Name and shame the greedy HI Sos internationally, the cops and military are only lakey's to the real problem.