American gay couple unable to leave Thailand with daughter

webfact

this one is for jingthing or what ever way you enjoy,iwhat about normal peoples rights, i am so fed up with minority groups rights,that weirdos are becomiming the majority,jingthing your posts are very similar to jihadists,normal people think about what they do

Welcome to my Ignore list. Nice job MC!

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this one is for jingthing or what ever way you enjoy,iwhat about normal peoples rights, i am so fed up with minority groups rights,that weirdos are becomiming the majority,jingthing your posts are very similar to jihadists,normal people think about what they do

Yeh jingthing, you're just normalphobic

I posted it sincerely. Removing it will only confim the suspicion that hetrophobia trumps any other view.

Some of my best friends are hetero

Heterophobia.

HeteroSCHMOBIA!

Heterosexuals (men anyway) aren't fighting for their equal civil rights anywhere because they already have them.

I posted it sincerely. Removing it will only confim the suspicion that hetrophobia trumps any other view.

Some of my best friends are hetero

Heterophobia.

HeteroSCHMOBIA!

Heterosexuals (men anyway) aren't fighting for their equal civil rights anywhere because they already have them.

Bah....what's so special about equality anyway?

People are all different but most people desire to be treated equally under the laws of their country and not discriminated against because of their identity (including sexual orientation identity).

Edited by Jingthing

Difficult questions here but I don't think it should be turned into a gay rights issue. Gay people sharing their lives together in marriage - fine - good for them. Gay couples bringing up children is a different issue though.

The argument against is that nature didn't intend it. The biological system is that children have a father (tough, macho figure) and a mother (sensitive, caring figure) - there are deviations, but that's the general way of it The child's social and psychological development derives from exposure to both types of parent. It's a learning and accommodating process and when it works properly it leads to what we call balanced individuals. Without this conventional exposure, nobody knows how children of gay couples will turn out. Of course it won't make them more likely to be gay, but skewed emotional development is likely (as is often seen in children of single parents).

Some people here point out that hetero fathers can be quite brutal - well, unfortunately that's part of the system - it's necessary to toughen up. If you start factoring that out, society will end up like the Eloi in H.G. Wells' Time Machine.

Edited by ddavidovsky

Difficult questions here but I don't think it should be turned into a gay rights issue. Gay people sharing their lives together in marriage - fine - good for them. Gay couples bringing up children is a different issue though.

The argument against is that nature didn't intend it. The biological system is that children have a father (tough, macho figure) and a mother (sensitive, caring figure) - there are deviations, but that's the general way of it The child's social and psychological development derives from exposure to both types of parent. It's a learning and accommodating process and when it works properly it leads to what we call balanced individuals. Without this conventional exposure, nobody knows how children of gay couples will turn out. Of course it won't make them more likely to be gay, but skewed emotional development is likely (as is often seen in children of single parents).

Some people here point out that hetero fathers can be quite brutal - well, unfortunately that's part of the system - it's necessary to toughen up. If you start factoring that out, society will end up like the Eloi in H.G. Wells' Time Machine.

I am not sure how relevant this is, as in most gay couples you normally have one which is masculine (tough, macho figure) and another one who minces around everywhere shouting from the rooftop that he is gay, and look at him. (Sensitive, caring figure)

I have no objection to life style choices. Gay, straight or whatever. I do have concern however when you deviate out of your lifestyle choice. If the gay way of life produces off spring then hey congrats. However a gay coupleseeking surrogacy is a tad bit hypocrital to me. You choose a gay lifestyle but yearn the outcome of a straight lifestyle. If you do have money and feel the need for a child, then adopt. There are so many orphans in this world.

Ignorant and wrong. You do not CHOOSE a gay life style. Tell you what, if it's a choice you CHOOSE to be gay for a few months. That ok?

Umm so you mean hetro white people?

Last time I checked we have it pretty damn sweet. Time to start sharing with humanity.

Rights are rights and should be applied to all regardless of race, faith, sexual identity, gender or whatever.

What do you mean by "normal people"?

If you mean those who already are granted the rights others are denied, then there is no need to fight for that which you already possess.

I grew up without a father. Are you saying there's something wrong with me?

I said "skewed emotional development is likely (as is often seen in children of single parents)". I didn't say "inevtably".

Well, you're obviously very touchy about taking offence where none was intended - that sort of thing often implies emotional vulnerability and low self-esteem. Note again I didn't say "inevitably".

I said "skewed emotional development is likely (as is often seen in children of single parents)". I didn't say "inevtably".

Well, you're obviously very touchy about taking offence where none was intended - that sort of thing often implies emotional vulnerability and low self-esteem. Note again I didn't say "inevitably".

You don't need to spell it out for people to know what you're molting. And what you're implying is offensive to more than just the person you're aiming your words at

Plenty of kids from 'normal' homes end up going on to be criminals, sexual deviants, serial killers etc. Being born of a 'traditional' family unit guarantees nothing. Just like you can not guarantee a child raised with same sex parents will be 'damaged'.

When I have kids one day I will teach them not to discriminate against people on the basis of nationality, skin colour, sexuality of if they were even raised by same sex parents. I am hoping outdated attitudes like the one on this board are seen as antiquated because humanity needs to mature from this.

Let's face facts here, a child needs a mother and father to bring them up and not 2 people call Bert and Joe.

God designed man and woman differently for a purpose, if people fail to understand this then they have the problem and not the sane members of society.

Having 2 males as parents is as ridiculous as these same sex marriages that these weirdos are calling for.

Bloody pathetic.

Any evidence that currently exists will be superceded by far more accurrate data by the middle of this century. The best we can hope until then is that such concerns prove unfounded.

That is nonsense - when have the information and the analysis already.....you also are really barking up thew wrong tree as your premise is that the "nuclear family" (man/woman2 kids) is the best - this hasn't existed at all in history until the 20th century.....those who study child development know the history of child rearing and the pitfalls/advantages it unlike you they don't start from a false premise, they look at and study the myriad different situations children are or have been raised and they also are able to quantify or at least identify this things as "detriment" which you aren't in a position to do because of your opning premise.

Let's face facts here, a child needs a mother and father to bring them up and not 2 people call Bert and Joe.

God designed man and woman differently for a purpose, if people fail to understand this then they have the problem and not the sane members of society.

Having 2 males as parents is as ridiculous as these same sex marriages that these weirdos are calling for.

Bloody pathetic.

Spot on (that kind of attitude) bloody pathetic

A mythical man in the sky 'created' man and a woman from 'magic'. He also created the earth by 'magic'.

I'll take gays over fools that believe in a 2000 year old book of fairy tales thanks.

Ironically enough before that book was written being gay/bi/what ever the hell you wanted in ancient Greece/Rome was never an issue. Seems we have been going in reverse with those attitudes for 2000 years.

You're saying that male and female parents provide different roles, but you think it's in the best interest of the child to stay with its non-biological birth mother and grow up in a poor single-parent household?

I'd think two living and caring parents of means a would be better even if they are the same gender.

I've already given the definition of "natural Parenting", that is a mother & father. Don't know what other citations/ references you require, the majority of world's population are borne through male/ female intercourse & children raised in male/ female relationship. That's been the natural process of the human race, surrogacy is a recent aspect, as is

same sex parenting, it's not natural, is it of benefit to a child to be raised I such a relationship? Don't believe any research has been undertaken, maybe, you're aware of such research??

The thrust of what I'm saying is, the issues/ arguments focus on the couple/ adoptive parents, rather think should be on child/ children....what's best for child!!

Why wouldn't it be best for the child to be raised in a loving home even if the parents were same sex?

Male and female parents provide different roles.

The relationship between a father and daughter is quite different from a mother and daughter. Same with sons - a father/son relationship is very different than a mother/son relationship. There are certain things that both sexes go through during puberty that a parent of that same sex helps with.

Then there is the obvious issue of the fact that kids are just damn cruel. So kids with same sex parents can expect to be teased and bullied about it at school.

There's some interesting experiences outlined in Federal Court here: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/lauretta-brown/adults-raised-gay-couples-speak-out-against-gay-marriage-federal-court - the upshot being that it wasn't so much the gay parents themselves but being brought up in gay communities and socializing with mostly gay friends. In the end the kids having little exposure to heterosexual couples and their kids.

The bottom line is you should not be able to buy a child. Any couple that cannot have children should be screened for suitability before being able to adopt or go through surrogacy. I think that allowing any couples, gay or otherwise to buy a child is abhorrent.

Edited by Guitar God

I don't know how they (Queers) managed to hijack a beautiful English word just to make their lifestyle look nice !

Now not contented with that, they are trying to hijack the word Marriage. Call the relationship anything but marriage, that is the description of a "Religious union between WOMAN and MAN"

I don't know how they (Queers) managed to hijack a beautiful English word just to make their lifestyle look nice !

Now not contented with that, they are trying to hijack the word Marriage. Call the relationship anything but marriage, that is the description of a "Religious union between WOMAN and MAN"

This topic is not about the word Gay.

As you are obviously anti-gay, I think the word Queer coming from you is derogatory. Congratulations on showing your true colors.

Edited by Jingthing