Yingluck becomes richer in latest wealth update by NACC

webfact

Yingluck becomes richer in latest wealth update by NACC

3-11-2014-8-50-52-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) today revealed its latest update of the assets of 10 former cabinet ministers and former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra after having left office for one full year.

The latest update, recorded until May 6 this year, showed former deputy prime minister Plodprasob Suraswadi being the richest, having net assets worth 967 million baht, and the poorest is Group Captain Anudith Nakornthap, having 14.8 million baht net assets.

Ms Yingluck became richer at 579 million baht, gaining additional 38 million baht more than she earlier declared before taking office a year ago.

Former foreign affairs minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul has 35 million baht in assets, former deputy prime minister Pol Gen Pracha Promnok , 75 million baht, former finance minister Kittirat Na Ranong, 53 million baht, former PM’s Office minister Santi Prompat, 15 million baht, former labour minister Chalerm Yubamrung, 167 million baht, former deputy defence minister Gen Yuthasak Sasiprapha, 323 million, and deputy agriculture minister Siriwat Kachornprasart, 46 million baht.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-becomes-richer-in-latest-wealth-update-by-nacc

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-26

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" the poorest is Group Captain Anudith Nakornthap, having 14.8 million baht net assets."

Hard to believe. It's not a lot.

My heart bleeds for him.

He should have joined the police instead of the airforce.

Not much chance to aquire wealth through the back door in that branch of the services.

It would be interesting to see her real net asset value including cash salted away offshore and through nominees. It must have swelled with her share of the fake rice export deals and other scams during her watch.

"fake rice export deals and other scams during her watch (Yingluck).."

Really?......Submit it to the electorate and see how much substance it has.

This sort of stuff certainly pleases the anti-democrats. They are not about to try and convince the electorate of their fabricated innuendo's.

But many believe everything they say as being factual......... In mature Democracies, that doesn't happen so much, except for when the Parliamentary Opposition is preaching to the choir. Usually Opposition stuff is judged by its' source.....For some reason, that does not seem to be the case for many in Thailand. Whatever the Opposition says about those they cannot defeat in an Election, is gospel truth for them....Why Farangs are particularly susceptible to this, I can only speculate about.

Even the Rice subsidy program...There has never been an independent analysis and audit, but self-serving Opposition tirades and their self-serving specious investigations are accepted as the truth....Self-serving being the operative word here. Yingluck's explanations and defense of this program before Parliament was never given the light of day in the media.

I enjoy watching them shudder in their boots at the very thought of facing Yingluck in an election....The electorate does not robottically following their every mantra....They are not so easily swayed as others.....So they have/are using their NACC brethren to prevent them ever having to face her in an election and their Election Commission brethren to cancel elections. Yingluck would destroy them electorally, and they know it.

Edited by Bannum opinions

Chalerm did well for a former policeman.

If you have children in Thailand advise them to get a career in the Thai police.

They were going to make a Thai version of the Godfather here but they decided no one wanted to watch a movie about a cop.

It would be interesting to see her real net asset value including cash salted away offshore and through nominees. It must have swelled with her share of the fake rice export deals and other scams during her watch.

This sort of stuff certainly pleases the anti-democrats. They are not about to try and convince the electorate of their fabricated innuendo's.

But many believe everything they say as being factual......... In mature Democracies, that doesn't happen so much, except for when the Parliamentary Opposition is preaching to the choir. Usually Opposition stuff is judged by its' source.....For some reason, that does not seem to be the case for many in Thailand. Whatever the Opposition says about those they cannot defeat in an Election, is gospel truth for them....Why Farangs are particularly susceptible to this, I can only speculate about.

Even the Rice subsidy program...There has never been an independent analysis and audit, but self-serving Opposition tirades and their self-serving specious investigations are accepted as the truth....Self-serving being the operative word here. Yingluck's explanations and defense of this program before Parliament was never given the light of day in the media.

I enjoy watching them shudder in their boots at the very thought of facing Yingluck in an election....The electorate does not robottically following their every mantra....They are not so easily swayed as others.....So they have/are using their NACC brethren to prevent them ever having to face her in an election and their Election Commission brethren to cancel elections. Yingluck would destroy them electorally, and they know it.

Dude whatever you're smoking you should really cut down, the topic isn't about elections so cut it out.

She got richer because her assets may have appreciated, big deal.

The rice scheme money that may / may not have been siphoned off into her accounts is still under investigation, and she hasn't exactly made a good attempt at an explanation yet. Everytime she is pressed about it see sends in a lackey with another excuse to delay / confuse matters even further.

Yingluck only ever seems to surface when somebody is praising her, but when the heat is on she runs a mile.

Also on topic, if her wealth has increased, good for her... She must have invested wisely or paid someone to advise her as such. Nothing much more to add is there

Dude whatever you're smoking you should really cut down, the topic isn't about elections so cut it out.

She got richer because her assets may have appreciated, big deal.

The rice scheme money that may / may not have been siphoned off into her accounts is still under investigation, and she hasn't exactly made a good attempt at an explanation yet. Everytime she is pressed about it see sends in a lackey with another excuse to delay / confuse matters even further.

Yingluck only ever seems to surface when somebody is praising her, but when the heat is on she runs a mile.

Also on topic, if her wealth has increased, good for her... She must have invested wisely or paid someone to advise her as such. Nothing much more to add is there

IMHO Ms. Yingluck has not profited financially from the RPPS. Also the increase discussed here is from the last 12 months. On the 26th of 2014 she was no longer PM, caretaking PM or other, just a nice private person.

Now since she already had more than 500 million Baht it shouldn't have been to difficult to increase that. It's always easier for a multi-millionair to increase pesonal wealth. Nothing specific Ms. Yingluck or Thai, just worldwide. Of course we still don't know the details of her meeting with property developers in the Four Seasons hotel a few years ago which also means we can only speculate if what was discussed had positive effects.

In a country with the rule of law one doesn't have to explain anything. The prosecutor has to make charges with great granularity and specificity. "This happened on that date, right here and I'm here to prove it."

I haven't seen where she's been charged with anything with specificity, not even as charged with negligence. When, where and what date?

This would either get laughed out of a first world court, or the prosecutor would get busy with detailed and specific charges. This process is a travesty, even if a proper process would find her guilty of some crime.

In a country with the rule of law one doesn't have to explain anything. The prosecutor has to make charges with great granularity and specificity. "This happened on that date, right here and I'm here to prove it."

I haven't seen where she's been charged with anything with specificity, not even as charged with negligence. When, where and what date?

This would either get laughed out of a first world court, or the prosecutor would get busy with detailed and specific charges. This process is a travesty, even if a proper process would find her guilty of some crime.

Since when is Thailand a country with the rule of law? If the powers that be want her in prison, she will go to prison; if they want her to flee the country, she will flee the country. Reality in other countries doesn't apply. Are you new to Thailand?

Did the richest, Plodprasop, face proper justice for his involvement in smuggling hundreds of tigers to China for use in the male genetalia enlargement field when he was the minister of natural resources and environment? Is it ethical for the minister in charge of the beasts safeguarding to be the mastermind of an international smuggling ring? Did he ever even answer to the charges? His assets must be stripped TODAY, and I would say justice for him would be seeing his stripped assets pay for a tiger research center focusing on reintroducing the tigers to their natural habitats. It might give him pleasure in his twilight years, thinking that his money helped save wild cats, although it would probably only come after dementia had set in.

Why are Thais so stupid? Waving flags like their elite are rock stars then its back to their digs sleeping on the floor, cockroaches, $2 food, etc village life while they are off on their private jets (On money that should belong to the people) to Europe.

Doesnt anyone ever say "Err Hang on this is BS"? and then actually do something about it instead of crying poor.

Must be due to all that rice they sold.

Maybe one day you will have sufficient income to have investments and then you will understand the concept of ROI.

I just received an update on one of my retirement investment funds. It earned 17% last year.

Why are Thais so stupid? Waving flags like their elite are rock stars then its back to their digs sleeping on the floor, cockroaches, $2 food, etc village life while they are off on their private jets (On money that should belong to the people) to Europe.

Doesnt anyone ever say "Err Hang on this is BS"? and then actually do something about it instead of crying poor.

clap2.gif Many Thais live relatively well. Japanese people sleep on the floor too. Considering the quality of mattresses in Thailand, a floor may indeed be more comfortable. Condos, in my building in Patong were selling for B7million+. I had a problem with cockroaches climbing out of the drains despite being on an upper floor. Hello magazine is quite popular. It profiles the beautiful people of Europe. It has important information. For example, I learned this; Dean Gaffney is set to reprise his role as Robbie Jackson in EastEnders. No idea who he is, nor do I watch the show, but apparently it's a show popular with the old folks. All I remember was a show called Caged Women from Australia that was in reruns when I was in uni. I was scared of the lesbian con. She looked tough.

Hello also has a story this week: Newlyweds Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz surprised fans when they wed last year in a secret ceremony , and fans are keen for more good news - of the baby variety. The rocker has hinted that he’s keen to have children with his new wife, with whom he had a whirlwind romance before the two tied the knot. I thought this was a same sex marriage promo because Cameron is a guy's name. until I read up and discovered that these are 2 washed up B listers and that Cameron is apparently a woman.

Don't you think, that maybe your hyperbole was over the top? cheesy.gif

Yawn...