• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a result beating Liverpool 3-1 :D

A deserved win TP :o:D:D .

Yeah, well done TP. Excellent result but it didn't do me any favours in the prediction league :bah:

Me neither..but do I care...NOT ONE JOT.

This was our BIGGEST RESULT in our history...I am savouring it (pessent company accepted :D )

Thanx for your ongratulations...things are suddenly looking up again :bah:

Scouse you are a true gentleman..you could have moaned about the penalty claims , but you chose not to...normally at our end of the table they go against you..but yesterday we must have given the ref a decent bung. you had one stomewall penalty claim, but you did not get it...sorry...but we realy needed the points, wish you all the best on Tuesday I will be rooting for you as an Englishman

Whoops I wrote "Peasent compay excluded.".that was a typo...honest..meant to read PRESENT..as Man City are flying , but we have beaten them on many occasions...just not this year !!

Hey I am still drinking on this result

URZZZZZZZZZZZ

Edited by ThaiPauly

Great reesult TP, both for Reading and Manchester United. Come next weekend and we should be nine points clear of Liverpool. :o

I haven't seen the highlights of the game yet, but even if they should have had three penalties, it doesn't excuse the fact that they conceded three goals. A good win for Reading, and with Bolton picking up more points again and Boro winning, an important one.

Derby and Wigan are IMO already gone, so there's only one relegation spot available. I'm hoping it's Spurs, but realistically I know they wont go down. Birmingham, Sunderland and Boro along with Reading are going to have a good old scrap down there.

You missed out Fulham Mr.T, I think they will be in the mix as well.

However our next four games could well see us consolidate our position, all are against teams below us, and we have a good record at home, so hopefuly we will be out of relegation contention by the new year

So I did TP, I totally forgot about them, probably because they are such an anonoymous club. :o

As you say, you have games against teams below you, so it is an important month to get the points in the bag. I'm sure thsat win at the weekend has lifted morale and given the team renewed confidence.

I have to also say, that Megson has so far had a good start, wether this is just a bounce effect from a new appointment, or it is real signs of significant improvement, the next month will probably show. Certainly, they are starting to play like the Bolton of old under BSA, and they have some good players like Nolan and Anelka who are playing well at the moment. All in all the bottom and top of the premiership is going to be a close run thing this season.

• 2 weeks later...
So I did TP, I totally forgot about them, probably because they are such an anonoymous club. :o

As you say, you have games against teams below you, so it is an important month to get the points in the bag. I'm sure thsat win at the weekend has lifted morale and given the team renewed confidence.

I have to also say, that Megson has so far had a good start, wether this is just a bounce effect from a new appointment, or it is real signs of significant improvement, the next month will probably show. Certainly, they are starting to play like the Bolton of old under BSA, and they have some good players like Nolan and Anelka who are playing well at the moment. All in all the bottom and top of the premiership is going to be a close run thing this season.

We whooped Liverpool and drew with Middlesborough and I feel we will have a much better second half of the season. No way are Reading going down!!!!

Well done Reading, another scalp and 3 points :D

Thanks Mr.B.

Points are points...but I must admit I have doubts about our winner, although on the balance of play we desrved it.

Just West Ham and Spurs now ...4 points and I will be VERY happy :o

With other results going our way I don't reckon we will go down, the gap is wideneing...thank God (Coppell)

Thanks Mr.B.

Points are points...but I must admit I have doubts about our winner, although on the balance of play we desrved it.

Just West Ham and Spurs now ...4 points and I will be VERY happy :D

With other results going our way I don't reckon we will go down, the gap is wideneing...thank God (Coppell)

TP, I think I'm going to be proved wrong in my pre season prediction with Reading to go down. The other two I selected, Wigan and Derby will go down, and I have a sneaking feeling that the other one will probably now be Birmingham or Boro. I have a feeling that Sunderland, as crap as they are :o , may just get out of it. The transfer window will be a key player this season.

Thanks Mr.B.

Nice to see you back TP. You been missed round these parts. Hope your ok and had a good xmas.

And Reading will be fine i think :o

Thanks Mr.B.

Nice to see you back TP. You been missed round these parts. Hope your ok and had a good xmas.

And Reading will be fine i think :o

Thanks Mr.B.

After yesterdays gritty 10 man performance against West Ham I am sure of it, we played some excellent football even with a man short.

5 games undefeated now, its got to end sometime, but I hope its not at White Hart Lane on Saturday :D

Hope you guys also had a great Xmas :D

Reason for edit....I am an idiot and can't spell

Edited by ThaiPauly

Good result yesterday TP, edging closer to safety.

Fulham, Boro and Sunderland really have problems, but Fulham for me look in total disarray at present.

Even Wigan won last night, although it was only against Newcastle. :o

• 1 month later...

Thought I may as well drag this old thread up from page 3 and post something on it for the first time this year.

A lot has happened since the end of the year...none of it good :D

7 defeats on the bounce not only equals our worst ever run (we got relegated that year) but now puts us in the bottom 3 for the first time this season.

It's difficult to see a way out, I just have to hope that we get better results than Fulham, Wigan Birmingham and Sunderland.

Realistically Boro are now out of it...maybee Newcastle may join the scrap, I don't mind how many are in it.

I will continue to scream from my chair every Saturday night, I think we will finish 17th and I said I would take that at the begining of the year and I still will :o

I have not seen the results today TP, but from your post it doesn't sound good.

One of my good friends is a season ticket holder and he was dismayed recently by their lack of fight, something that that they were always renowned for, I personally think they will survive, but from experience with Oxford, once you get into a downward spiral, it is difficult to get out.

But I hope you do.

On an other note, I will visit the MadSkad in the near future, but for Irish against Perpignan in the HC QF, I will toast you with a beer or two.

Good Luck

Moss

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Moss,

Absolutley thrilled to pieces.

Wasn't a classic by any means ...but a clean sheet away from home, (our first since the opening game of the season) and our first points out of 24 possible has seen the pack brought back into focus.

With Fulham now 6 points behind us and 4 points seperating 6 teams I reckon it will go down to the wire now for that last relegation spot.

Now it's Newcastle's turn to be in freefall

3 changes in the back 4 look to have paid off well done Stevie Coppell....nothing wrong with 17th place

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

0-0 with Black Bum, only one defeat in the last 5, I have us as safe, although its not over yet :o

Even if we loose to Newcastle(a), Wigan (a), Spurs(h), & Arsenal(a) , we should beat Fulham at home and Derby away.

We should not loose 4 out of 6 judging by our current form, the only dead cert defeat should be Arsenal and possibly Newcastle

However 6 points out of a possible 18 will give us enough as the teams below us also have to play each other and which ever way I cut it on the BBC Football Predictor 6 points is enough.

My money is on Bolton for the drop now, they are on a disasterous run right now and they put too much value in the European matches and did not realise that it could cost them dear until too late, which is why Reading had absolutley no interest in qualifying for it last year, and even if they did SC said he would field reserves.

Big gap in quality between Megson and Coppell, Megson is still nieve in my book. :D

Fulham blew their chance of survival by dropping 2 points in the last few minutes at Derby who have now gone anyway.

0-0 with Black Bum, only one defeat in the last 5, I have us as safe, although its not over yet :o

Even if we loose to Newcastle(a), Wigan (a), Spurs(h), & Arsenal(a) , we should beat Fulham at home and Derby away.

We should not loose 4 out of 6 judging by our current form, the only dead cert defeat should be Arsenal and possibly Newcastle

However 6 points out of a possible 18 will give us enough as the teams below us also have to play each other and which ever way I cut it on the BBC Football Predictor 6 points is enough.

My money is on Bolton for the drop now, they are on a disasterous run right now and they put too much value in the European matches and did not realise that it could cost them dear until too late, which is why Reading had absolutley no interest in qualifying for it last year, and even if they did SC said he would field reserves.

Big gap in quality between Megson and Coppell, Megson is still nieve in my book. :D

Fulham blew their chance of survival by dropping 2 points in the last few minutes at Derby who have now gone anyway.

I think your safe now TP, in fact I can't see the bottom three changing now. Derby already down, Fulham all but, and I just can't see Bolton recovering from that result yesterday. If they had won, which they should have, it could hae been a very diffrent story, but I feel now it's too much for them.

I'm glad to be wrong on my prediction at the beginning of the season of Reading going down.

• 1 month later...

Things are not looking good for The Royals :o

Probably deserve what we get,

Fulham 3 wins out of 4

Reading no goals in 6.

Fulham go to Pompey just before their FA Cup Final appearance, sure Portsmouth are not gonna do us any favors.

I don't think they will be trying to hard and will certainly not be going in for 50-50 tackles, who wants to miss out on a Cup Final appearance when there is nothing for them to play for?

We need them to loose or draw and we MUST beat Derby away. But to do that we actually need to SCORE A GOAL

Thats all there is to it now.

I will be bitterly disappointed if we go down, but if you don't invest in decent players what else can one expect?

Sorry TP :o , it's ironic that Spurs chose this game to finally defend properly, yet let an average of 50 goals per game previously...

I work in Reading and most of my colleagues are Royals fans, it will be a miserable 2008/09 season if they go down.

Good luck for the Derby Match.

Chon

I wish you all the best TP against Pompey, got to say, its certainly no picnic in the second tier, look at my lot Charlton, struggled to keep up with the pace.

They've got Derby Harry & they'll need all the luck they can get.. :o

Fulham are at Pompey..

I wish you all the best TP against Pompey, got to say, its certainly no picnic in the second tier, look at my lot Charlton, struggled to keep up with the pace.

They've got Derby Harry & they'll need all the luck they can get.. :o

Fulham are at Pompey..

opps, :D

Cheers lads..well its not over till the fat lady sings, and she is currently warming her tonsils.

I was pleased for Pompey getting to the FA Cup final but I really fear they will roll over against Fulham, and I also think that had Fulham had McBride and Bullard availavable for the best part of the season they would not be where they are now

I have just read an alarming statistic!!

Marcus Hanneman has made 129 more saves than any other goalkeeper in the Premier League.

Whilst he should be proud of that, it really does not say a lot for our defence

Cheers HH,

But Fulhan deserved it after the run they have put together.

I am absolutley gutted, I broke down in tears , its hard to contemplate what saturday nights in Chiang Mai are gonna be like next season.

Still you never lose your colours, the Champonship will be difficult to get oout of but if we played like we did today every week we would never have got relegated, the passion and the will to win was evident.

Still it will save our stingy chairman having to shell out any money next year, he came up with virtually the same team he went down with.

and that was his UNDOING, HE has let all the Reading fans down.

Probably broke his leg falling off Cilla Black,,,seves the ass..hole right