Recover Tax ID Number

When I first came to Thailand I word and had a Tax card with TIN. After that I stopped working for a few years and having no taxable income in Thailand stopped making tax returns.

I'd now like to make a tax return at the end of this year, but have lost the card and have no idea what my TIN was.

How can I find out my TIN? (I hope it doesn't involve going to the tax office which issued it since I no longer live in that province.)

Alternatively, could I simply apply for a new card? My address and passport number have both changed, so they may not notice I previously had a card.

Thanks.

(I did message the Revenue Department a week ago on this matter, but they haven't replied.)

you should be still in the system ayg.the wife's last employment in thailand was 1985,then when she applied for a rebate on tax withheld by the bank 2010 her name and tin.no.was on computer.go to the local tax office.

Your old TIN probably wouldn't be valid anyway, AyG, as around 2012 they switched from 10 digit to 13 digit.

Just go to your most convenient tax office and ask for a new one, with your current passport etc. Get a new number. I've switched numbers in the past after being out of the country for a couple of years, and then had to change again on top of that when the 13 digits came in.

Cheers

Fletch wink.png

Edited by fletchsmile

Your old TIN probably wouldn't be valid anyway, AyG, as around 2012 they switched from 10 digit to 13 digit.

Just go to your most convenient tax office and ask for a new one, with your current passport etc. Get a new number. I've switched numbers in the past after being out of the country for a couple of years, and then had to change again on top of that when the 13 digits came in.

Cheers

Fletch wink.png

If you have a Yellow Book for your house that has your ID number (13 digit) in it,. That will be your new tax id.