Under consideration for retirement extension at KCI.

As of today (and yes I have seen the stamp and passport) Kap Choeng Immigration is now issuing a UNDER CONSIDERATION STAMP until immigration comes to your residence to for verification. KCI even verified the individuals address by using Google Earth with GPS coordinates for the investigating i/o to use for no extra charge. This will require two trips to KCI for your retirement extension. Stay tuned for further updates.

went through a phase of this at Phitsanulok Immigration early this year, had to supply photo's of house and map to get there. Turns out it was some internal issue, the Chief Honcho Immigration Officer was away having a baby and no one could sign off the paperwork for retirement extensions,

So they were issuing under consideration stamps. Did not last too long and back to normal as I did my one in April with just the one visit.

If they can find the address....Good luckwhistling.gif

Not that difficult to find as stated in the OP they use Google Earth with GPS coordinates so even the remotest address can be found ;)

[

<snip>

KCI even verified the individuals address by using Google Earth with GPS coordinates for the investigating i/o to use for no extra charge.

"Under Consideration" already happens in Udon and has been this way for sometime

I remember to have read this.

But not home visits for retirement extension?

Edited by KhunBENQ

I am currently on am extension of stay based on marriage issued @ KCI. When we got the home visit during our "under consideration" period my wife told the visiting officers that I would be applying for an extension based on retirement the next time. The officer told my missus that they would need to visit us again when we applied for the extension based on retirement to question us as to why I was changing from marriage to retirement....

I am currently on am extension of stay based on marriage issued @ KCI. When we got the home visit during our "under consideration" period my wife told the visiting officers that I would be applying for an extension based on retirement the next time. The officer told my missus that they would need to visit us again when we applied for the extension based on retirement to question us as to why I was changing from marriage to retirement....

Jeez, wouldn't that be obvious why you want to change ? Less Rules ?. Looks like that office is giving all the Foreigners a hard time by adding more rules to the already overflowing rule book. :(

Doesn't make sense. Retirement extension is much easier for imm to do than marriage. Next time ask the guys when you go to immigration alone.

Doesn't make sense. Retirement extension is much easier for imm to do than marriage. Next time ask the guys when you go to immigration alone.

Not saying it makes sense pal....just telling it how it is....

This happened when the KCI officers did a home visit and they both spoke English....so not a misinterpretation

Edited by mxyzptlk

My last 6 extensions have been retirement, marriage x 2, retirement x 2 then back to marriage for my current extension....my previous 2 marriage extensions were issued @ Korat before residents of Buriram & Surin were re-designated from Korat to Kap Choeng....I had no home visit for my 2 marriage extensions that were issued @ Korat Immigration (no tea money involved)

Jeez, wouldn't that be obvious why you want to change ? Less Rules ?. Looks like that office is giving all the Foreigners a hard time by adding more rules to the already overflowing rule book. sad.png

Yes, you can't play it on your fiddle....but it's all Rock 'N' Roll to me man...I can provide all the docs for extensions based on marriage or retirement,,,,easy peasy

Jeez, wouldn't that be obvious why you want to change ? Less Rules ?. Looks like that office is giving all the Foreigners a hard time by adding more rules to the already overflowing rule book. sad.png

Yes, you can't play it on your fiddle....but it's all Rock 'N' Roll to me man...I can provide all the docs for extensions based on marriage or retirement,,,,easy peasy

Good for you, but one question, just for my curiosity, why do you want to change from marriage to retirement then if you already can show all the documents? (Not getting a divorce are you ;) )

Good for you, but one question, just for my curiosity, why do you want to change from marriage to retirement then if you already can show all the documents? (Not getting a divorce are you wink.png )

Kap Choeng is a 250 Km round trip for me, so an extension based on retirement only requires one trip to immigration as opposed to two trips for one based on marriage

• Like 1

@mxyzptik.

this is from the OP.

<snip>

This will require two trips to KCI for your retirement extension. Stay tuned for further updates.[/size][/font][/color]

So a retirement extensions also requires 2 trips Edited by MJCM

@mxyzptik.

this is from the OP.

<snip>

This will require two trips to KCI for your retirement extension. Stay tuned for further updates.[/size][/font][/color]

So a retirement extensions also requires 2 trips

It would appear that this is now the case. There are other reports on another Buriram local forum confirming this @ KCI...however it is unclear as to whether this applies in every case. Since KCI have already visited my house when I got my last extension based on marriage maybe I will not require another visit and maybe I would get the stamp on the day of application. Since the "rules" seem to be randomly applied depending on your designated office and indeed on the officer who deals with your application on the day, it is nigh on impossible to predict what will happen. All will be revealed when I apply for my next extension in December.....by which time the "rules" may have changed again.

Perhaps KCI is trying to push those married to a Thai to get an extension based upon that because they consider it the correct extension for them verses retirement.

That is one of the reasons I often state for getting my extensions based upon marriage.

In reality after the first extension the one based upon marriage is not all that much extra work for them plus the final decision is not on their shoulders because it is the division headquarters responsibility.

• Like 1

@mxyzptik.

this is from the OP.

<snip>

So a retirement extensions also requires 2 trips

It would appear that this is now the case. There are other reports on another Buriram local forum confirming this @ KCI...however it is unclear as to whether this applies in every case. Since KCI have already visited my house when I got my last extension based on marriage maybe I will not require another visit and maybe I would get the stamp on the day of application. Since the "rules" seem to be randomly applied depending on your designated office and indeed on the officer who deals with your application on the day, it is nigh on impossible to predict what will happen. All will be revealed when I apply for my next extension in December.....by which time the "rules" may have changed again.

Dont figure on it, count on a visit.whistling.gif

Perhaps KCI is trying to push those married to a Thai to get an extension based upon that because they consider it the correct extension for them verses retirement.

That is one of the reasons I often state for getting my extensions based upon marriage.

In reality after the first extension the one based upon marriage is not all that much extra work for them plus the final decision is not on their shoulders because it is the division headquarters responsibility.

Good point. My source yesterday is coming off an O-A visa after two years and this is his first retirement extension. His wife or 43 years and a US citizen of some 37 years was also on an O-A visa, she just came off it last week after swapping passport by air. Because of her KCI definitely knows this couple so there is no confusion on this relation ship or where they live. She is one fantastic person. As was explained to me it is not just KCI but all of Region 4 which is all of Isaan about 11 immigration offices and this directive came out of Region 4 HQ.

Good point. My source yesterday is coming off an O-A visa after two years and this is his first retirement extension. His wife or 43 years and a US citizen of some 37 years was also on an O-A visa, she just came off it last week after swapping passport by air. Because of her KCI definitely knows this couple so there is no confusion on this relation ship or where they live. She is one fantastic person. As was explained to me it is not just KCI but all of Region 4 which is all of Isaan about 11 immigration offices and this directive came out of Region 4 HQ.

With all due respect; one report from your source (whistling.gif) does not strike me as very factual.

Immigration and expats would be foolish to switch from an easy extension to a complicated one that relies on a Thai person to be valid. A Thai marriage, is a Thai marriage is a Thai marriage. You know what I mean?

Now on the other hand if you said General ****** from Immigration has issued a new rule that Farang married to Thais will not be issued an extension based or retirement then I would begin to look at your report with some credence.

• Like 1

With all due respect; one report from your source (whistling.gif) does not strike me as very factual.

Immigration and expats would be foolish to switch from an easy extension to a complicated one that relies on a Thai person to be valid. A Thai marriage, is a Thai marriage is a Thai marriage. You know what I mean?

Now on the other hand if you said General ****** from Immigration has issued a new rule that Farang married to Thais will not be issued an extension based or retirement then I would begin to look at your report with some credence.

At last count there are 8 people that are under review for retirement extension and that is taken from other forums also. There are probably a lot more that do not subscribe to any forum.

At last count there are 8 people that are under review for retirement extension and that is taken from other forums also. There are probably a lot more that do not subscribe to any forum.

What forums? I'm asking because I don't believe you. No offense just normal skepticism unless I see things with my own eyes.

I can see being under consideration because an officer of sufficient rank is not in the office but the other idea about a home visit for retirement or trying to push retirement extensions into marriage extensions makes no sense to me.

Sorry for my hesitation but Thai Visa does have a lot of jokers like people saying you can get immigration work done at 7/11 and things like that so it pays to be cautious of anything read on this forum.

• Like 1

What forums? I'm asking because I don't believe you. No offense just normal skepticism unless I see things with my own eyes."

"

I can see being under consideration because an officer of sufficient rank is not in the office but the other idea about a home visit for retirement or trying to push retirement extensions into marriage extensions makes no sense to me.

Sorry for my hesitation but Thai Visa does have a lot of jokers like people saying you can get immigration work done at 7/11 and things like that so it pays to be cautious of anything read on this forum.

Thai Visa doe not allow any reference to any other forum. Do a Google search and you can find them.

• Like 2

What forums? I'm asking because I don't believe you. No offense just normal skepticism unless I see things with my own eyes."

"

Thai Visa doe not allow any reference to any other forum. Do a Google search and you can find them.

I googled your name and saw the other posts from you and some guy who was getting shaken down by imm, If he wanted it quicker he could get it. If it was me I'd ask to see the "who-a-na" -boss and find out if it was one person's idea or the whole office. If it was the whole office I'd sure write a letter to the head minister.