Fire burns down Lampang police stations' evidence room

webfact

Fire Burns Down Lampang Police Stations' Evidence Room
By Khaosod English

14357349501435735123l.jpg
Firefighters put out flames in police's forensic evidence center in Lampang province, 30 June 2015.

LAMPANG — Police say a fire inside a police station in northern Thailand last night has destroyed some evidence from criminal cases.

The fire began last night in a forensic evidence center in Lampang province, said Pol.Col. Nanthawit Thiamboonthorn, a deputy commander of the provincial police force.

According to Pol.Col. Nanthawat, firefighters spent more than an hour putting out the flames, which broke out in Evidence Storage Room 307. He said extinguishing the fire was particularly difficult because the room contains many firearms and ammunition confiscated from suspects.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1435734950

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-07-01

those firearms are real prone to break out in flames, bs doesnt change marking, etc on steel frames.

fire has become a real hazaqrd in the rice warehouse sector also. i can see the fire inspection team who attends scene, some admitting it akes 2 weeksw to get there as they are short handed of investigators. more bs concrete/brick the biggest fire hazard in thialand unless its a wooden shanty town someone has desire to aquire, otherwise i have been in 60 year old wooden homes where cooking is and has been done inside during bad/cold weather all this time.

next part go to temple , monk will give evil eye to bad luck

i was told many moons ago the individual makes his own luck , with few exceptions, good or bad

It really is too much when a small innocent incident is used to call in question the reputation and integrity of that fine group of men who protect us all. That thin brown line, that skidmark which protects us all from the rule of law breaking down.

I mean com'on... this story is so fishy on so many levels and it could serve so well into the hands

of everybody, from the people whom evidence are kept there so imaginary stuff 'that was there'

but now it's gone and no one have to account for it any longer....

'Firefighters put out flames in police's forensic evidence center' - The guy holding the hose looks a real firefighter indeed, lol.

Seems like someone paid some copper to put a light to discriminating evidence....money always talks here

It is always handy for the police to lose the evidence that they do not want to have to present to the courts. I am surprised this does not happen more often especially in high profile cases.

The evidience was too hot to handle.

I bet the only inventory list with description of the items and names of those related to was in the same room too.

everything was in that room ... pictures, christmas party video, next door neighbors ivory, the hole damn lot gone up in smoke ......... what a mess !!

who would have thought so much stuff would be in one room ....

nothing survived ... sad.png

I fear the flames of Thai-bashing and related derogatory comments concerning this fine country will be unleashed by this obvious accident...

Just think of all the evidence that has NOT been collected on so-called farang suicides...

Some body was paid quite well for this fire. No cameras in the police station and no security watching the evidence room. Another act by a person who is friend with some one going to court. Only in Thailand could some thing like this happen!