Phuket police hunt fake gold pawn gang

webfact

Phuket police hunt fake gold pawn gang
Darawan Naknakhon

1435914997_1-org.jpg
29-year-old Sarawut Jaksien was caught trying to pawn a fake necklace to a gold shop in Rassada.

PHUKET: -- Police are cuurently hunting for a gang of six people who are believed to be pawning fake gold jewellery to gold shops. The hunt comes following the arrest of a man from Kalasin yesterday (July 2) who pawned a fake gold chain at jewellery shop in Rassada.

At 11;45am Phuket City police received a call from the Maneemart gold shop in Rassada stating that a man had came in and tried to pawn a fake 2-baht gold necklace for B30,000.

The shop owner said that after examining the necklace it was found to be fake so the man was detained.

Police arrived at the shop to find the shop staff detaining 29-year-old Sarawut Jaksien.

Sarawut revealed to police that he and six friends rented a room at Pimprapai Place on Rassadanusorn Rd on June 30 for three nights.

“At 10:30 this morning (July2) my friend dropped me off at the gold shop and told me to came back on a motorbike taxi when I had pawned the necklace. I went inside and asked to pawn the necklace for B30,000.

“When the shop owner realised it was fake I tried to run but was caught,” Sarawut told police.

Sarawut also told police that on Wednesday (July 1) his friend named Korn had pawned a piece of fake gold jewellery to the same shop but managed to get away with the B30,000.

The shop owner said that at around 1:45pm on Monday a slim man aged around 20 came to the shop and wanted to pawn a gold necklace for B30,000.

“I checked the necklace and it seemed to be authentic so I gave the man the cash. However, when I checked again it turned out that only the clasp of the necklace was real gold.

“When Sarawut came in today he tried to pull the same trick. However, when I checked this necklace I knew it was made of the same material as the one yesterday. I told my brothers to help apprehend Sarawut before contacting the police,” he said

Sarawut was taken to Phuket City Police Station where he was charged with fraud and questioned about his friends. He gave the police some information and after checking CCTV they found that Sarawut̕s friends had left the area before they arrived.

However, they did find out that they all travel in a bronze Toyota Sportrider, licence plate number unknown.

Police are on alert looking for the group so that they can bring them in for questioning.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-hunt-fake-gold-pawn-gang-53043.php

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-03

There is product aviable now that will pass a scratch acid test and pass ANY electronic test and matches the SG to wihin 0.02grams.

nly way is to eithier drill it or try and melt it which is standard in many pawn shops now. It is hard as the item is menat to be pawned and not exposed to possible damage, normally not a problem except if some somes are set in it,whcih these scammers know and do.