New fortunner

I think bookings are full until into next year for deliveries. It the tuna can deliver in under a month. Well, we know what will happen. Tuna next week with great resale and service or wait 6 months for an everest with questionable service. New everest resale? who knows.

No way is everyone booking a Fortuner getting it in a week smile.png

Probably not because of the large number of potential bookings. How about 1-2 months then? It still beats next year for the Everest.

Why will it be next year for the Everest deliveries?

The ones ford currently have going down the production line, are they going to keep them parked up somewhere ?

Bookings for the Everest opened on the 24th of March - almost 4 months ago. And, what do you know, people booked them :) Those that did book it back then will be taking delivery between August and October. If you're late to the party - i.e. booking it only now - yes, you'll wait until next year.

Bookings for the Fortuner open today. Trust me, it will very quickly have a booking queue too.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think bookings are full until into next year for deliveries. It the tuna can deliver in under a month. Well, we know what will happen. Tuna next week with great resale and service or wait 6 months for an everest with questionable service. New everest resale? who knows.

Just got one this morning. Pick it up Monday

Wow. Unveiled to the world on the 16th and you will take delivery 4 days later.

Toyota really are on the ball it seems, I wonder why they are holding it back from market elsewhere until October ?

Wow. Unveiled to the world on the 16th and you will take delivery 4 days later.

Toyota really are on the ball it seems, I wonder why they are holding it back from market elsewhere until October ?

Ford love to start promoting cars months before they launch, Toyota tries their hardest to keep everything under wraps until release day - totally opposite MO's.

Once the initial allocations of Fortuner's to Thai dealers are sold out, successive buyers will be joining the queue, because the next lot of production goes to Australia for it's October launch there. That's one area where both Ford and Toyota do things the same though ;)

Edited by IMHO

Finally a car maker who knows where to put a cup holder: on the right side of the steering wheel, tucked under the air vent.

However, the central console looks like it has been designed by four different design teams who don't talk to each other: the air vent/clock team, headunit team, AC team and the All The Other Buttons We Don't Know Where To Put Them team. It looks terrible.

Still prefer the Everest, even with the left handed cup holders.

The cup holder has always been there with all Fortuner models and also Vigos.

I still like my 2014 model best.

Some guys treat cars like wives, and stick with them trough "thick and thin".. you know "she's been good to me..." biggrin.png

Others treat them more like girlfriends, and are always willing to step up to a better looking, better performing, more economical, or even just quieter, model tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

If the seats still fold and do not go into the floor like most modern SUV.s I won't be buying one, what a crap awful design.

Yep, in that case, just have to wait a bit longer for cruise control option on the MUX..

My Pajero Sport has cruise control now and is nearly 6 yeras old, how behind the times these other makes are? I would never buy anything without, excepy for my pickup which I use on the farm only.

Cruise control on Thai roads ? Why ? I have a Vigo 4x4 with cruise control and my 2006 Fortuner (which is now in Australia) has it as well. I think cc is a pretty useless accessory in Thailand when every couple of km you have to disconnect due to some idiot doing something 'funny' in front of you. So almost never use it. In Oz it is a different story, can be on for hours on end. BTW, despite of all the negative comments on this thread about its road manners, the Fortuner turns out to be an excellent caravan tow vehicle. I only installed heavy duty Pedders rear springs and gas shocks and upgraded the brakes to the 320 mm front discs and Prado rear dics brakes. Was done at Tid Aod in Bangkok before departure. Not sure if the new Fortuner will be sold in Oz. I think Toyota is very worried that it will take too mujch sales away from its exisiting offering of 4x4s like HiLux, Landcruiser, Prado, Kluger, FJ Cruiser on which they probably make a lot more money. Isuzu does not have that problem that is why they sell the MU-X down under (for less than in Thailand).attachicon.gifIMG_9063.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_9198.JPG

I use here cruise control all the time here in Thailand and would never buy a car with out it.

I use here cruise control all the time here in Thailand and would never buy a car with out it.

Agreed. For some people, "Thailand" doesn't get any bigger than BKK and/or Pattaya I think :P

Finally a car maker who knows where to put a cup holder: on the right side of the steering wheel, tucked under the air vent.

However, the central console looks like it has been designed by four different design teams who don't talk to each other: the air vent/clock team, headunit team, AC team and the All The Other Buttons We Don't Know Where To Put Them team. It looks terrible.

Still prefer the Everest, even with the left handed cup holders.

The cup holder has always been there with all Fortuner models and also Vigos.

Yep, Isuzu also has the cup holder where it belongs. As I like to drink coffee when on the road I’d be constantly reminded of lack thereof if I were to buy one without. Same goes for the cruise control... ;)

I wonder if this is what I saw going through Udom Suk onto the Bang Na- Tradt maybe a month ago. It was either a SUV in the worst wrap job I have ever seen trying to look like a prototype car or was a prototype.

I presumed it was a Nissan going back to their factory at the time.

I still like my 2014 model best.

Some guys treat cars like wives, and stick with them trough "thick and thin".. you know "she's been good to me..." biggrin.png

Others treat them more like girlfriends, and are always willing to step up to a better looking, better performing, more economical, or even just quieter, model tongue.png

And others hang out at auctions to pick up a bargain used model or old banger laugh.png

If You check out the top Pre Runner Revo spec n price and compare it to the cheapest Tuna, yet again ones paying Top $ for 2 extra Chairs and a tin Roof extension.coffee1.gif

Yep, of course there's more tax on a PPV (SUV), but Toyota certainly haven't pulled any punches with their pricing on the new Fortuner.

Baht-for-Baht, spec-for-(missing)-spec, the Fortuner makes the Everest look like a bargain.... but OTOH, Mitsu haven't yet released pricing on the new PJS yet, and it's safe to assume they'll follow their existing bang-for-buck pricing strategy..

Checked out the car in person and left a little underwhelmed.

Summary: This is the same Fortuner as last year, with some additional small improvements. The only thing that is really brand new is the styling. Underneath its all the same.

I looked at the lowest end model, was the only one they had. Fit and finish nothing exciting. Cloth seats looked a bit cheap. The "thick leather" trim around the central dashboard as per pictures above is all show - not even sure it's real leather, might be leatherette (e.g. plastic). If I pay nearly $40,000 US on a car I don't want to have cheap fake things on it. But that's Toyota style I guess.

I'm hoping the high end version interior is an order of magnitude better.

All the other features: Small improvements. The new power plant is ... new but not sure it's better than the old. Sales lady could not really explain the advantages.

Price obviously a lot higher. Unless you go with a manual transmission, you pay between 1.4 and 1.6M Baht, no discounts, 3% financing available.

Leather interior is only on the top end models, so it's 1,530,000 Baht for that (2WD).

Some other points:

- Same interior space.

- Same rear folding seats. They come out by taking off one screw but it's still kind of silly. They're only in there so the car falls under the PPV tax category.

- Rear bench folds forward. Hmm... this was shown to me by the sales lady as a new feature but come to think of it, my 9 year old Fortuner has the same...

- Dashboard is different but not improved

- LED lights everywhere look very nice. Finally?!

- Styling in person looks better than in the pictures. This is a good looking car - as good as it's ever going to get for a Toyota.

I think this car will face some stiff competition down the road with the new Everest and new PJS (?!) - 9 years ago when I bought the last one, the Fortuner was the by far best value for the money SUV in Thailand, and it stayed like that for a long time. Now - things are much closer. Especially if the other SUVs come in at better price points. Toyota is taking the piss with these prices.

Me too, but my cruise-control breaks for me, so when i switch from 100 - 70 it does within seconds, and i dont have to move my feet to the breaks. Awesome! I looked into retro-fit Active Cruise Control thats follows the traffic. Around 200,000 Baht.. Ehh noo...

Summary: This is the same Fortuner as last year, with some additional small improvements. The only thing that is really brand new is the styling. Underneath its all the same.

I looked at the lowest end model, was the only one they had. Fit and finish nothing exciting. Cloth seats looked a bit cheap. The "thick leather" trim around the central dashboard as per pictures above is all show - not even sure it's real leather, might be leatherette (e.g. plastic). If I pay nearly $40,000 US on a car I don't want to have cheap fake things on it. But that's Toyota style I guess.

All the other features: Small improvements. The new power plant is ... new but not sure it's better than the old. Sales lady could not really explain the advantages.

Price obviously a lot higher. Unless you go with a manual transmission, you pay between 1.4 and 1.6M Baht, no discounts, 3% financing available.

Leather interior is only on the top end models, so it's 1,530,000 Baht for that (2WD).

Some other points:

- Same interior space.

- Same rear folding seats. They come out by taking off one screw but it's still kind of silly. They're only in there so the car falls under the PPV tax category.

- Rear bench folds forward. Hmm... this was shown to me by the sales lady as a new feature but come to think of it, my 9 year old Fortuner has the same...

- Styling in person looks better than in the pictures. This is a good looking car - as good as it's ever going to get for a Toyota.

I think this car will face some stiff competition down the road with the new Everest and new PJS (?!) - 9 years ago when I bought the last one, the Fortuner was the by far best value for the money SUV in Thailand, and it stayed like that for a long time. Now - things are much closer. Especially if the other SUVs come in at better price points. Toyota is taking the piss with these prices.

9 years ago when you bought it, it's only competition was the MU-7 and an already outdated Everest - you definitely chose wisely smile.png

The new Everest lays some serious smack down on the 'tuna. The new PJS will likely make it's prices seem even sillier. Enough to unseat it though? Unlikely.

Edited by IMHO

I went to book a new fortuner top spec yesterday, I was told 45 days waiting period, then went today afternoon and it changed to 3 months now for white top spec, (should have booked yesterday)?

Also no insurance being offered for free , insurance is around 32k

Those who have booked a new fortuner, what freebies did u negotiate for

did u get insurance for free?

Some other points:

- Same interior space.

So are you tempted, or are you going to keep your 2006 Model ?

I've had one since 2006 also, absolutely trouble free, I'm going to hang onto it for a few years longer too. smile.png

I went to book a new fortuner top spec yesterday, I was told 45 days waiting period, then went today afternoon and it changed to 3 months now for white top spec, (should have booked yesterday)?

I did say this...

Bookings for the Fortuner open today. Trust me, it will very quickly have a booking queue too.

:)

I checked out the new Fortuner and was very happy to see the many improvements. I will test drive it later this week but might be hard to part with my 2014.

It is shocking that they didn't address

- the third row seats (to fold flat to the floor)

- lane assist /blind spot assist (available in the camry and proven to reduce accidents)

- rain sensor wipers (available in the camry) which are helpful when driving through a monsoon

I checked out the new Fortuner and was very happy to see the many improvements. I will test drive it later this week but might be hard to part with my 2014.

It is shocking that they didn't address

- the third row seats (to fold flat to the floor)

- lane assist /blind spot assist (available in the camry and proven to reduce accidents)

- rain sensor wipers (available in the camry) which are helpful when driving through a monsoon

I’d planned on buying one and even put down a deposit months ago in expectation, so it was a real disapointment to see it’s basically the same interior as the outgoing model. Can’t possibly sleep in the back if you needed to. It’s the same old fortuner with a face lift so no way I’m going to update.

btw - Exactly the same seats and level of luxury as a revo. The outgoing model actually had bigger front seats! 1zgarz5.gif

Edited by fullcave

I saw yesterday the first pics and actually like it.

Drove the very first 2005 2.7v then moved to 2011 3.0d. My biggest disappointment would be the high price for what it is.

What I like about the new one is the airbags.

Does it now have:

Rear disk brakes

Electric front seats (2)

Rear view camera

What exactly are all the new features?

Drove the very first 2005 2.7v then moved to 2011 3.0d. My biggest disappointment would be the high price for what it is.

Does it now have:

Rear disk brakes

Electric front seats (2)

Rear view camera

If you read back through the thread you will find a link that covers the features/specs of the Thai Fortuner. The link is in english.

Does it now have:

Rear disk brakes

Electric front seats (2)

Rear view camera

No rear disk brakes for Thai market..