Koh Tao: Trial opens for 2 accused of killing British tourists

webfact

Hi guys , had a few days holiday thanks to a word I used

Surprisingly, the apologists seem to have forgotten my questions, so I will, at the risk of appearing Old n Grumpy, like our new verbose poster, I will repeat and add to them:

1. Why did JTJ blatantly lie about the original investgators transfer, we know it was not mistake because he is so meticulous in his research.

2. Why dos he quote ad nauseum the familys statement that was issued so long ago when they have issued new statements that indicate change?

3. Why is AG so concerned about the life of an original suspect?

4. According to another poster AG has started telling porkie pies too, is this a new apologist trend?

5. Why did the headman say his son had left early in the morning to get back to university for exams?

6. Why did he retract that statement and insist his son had not been on the island for 2 weeks ( or 1 month in another news report)?

7. Why was the original suspect so hard to get hold of fo almost a week?

8. Where did he go?

9. Why did his inseparable gf complain on her facebook page that she could not contact him?

10. Why did his relative make a statement that he was with her in Bangkok when it was proven SHE was in Pattaya?

11. Why is there so much weight being given to the DNA tests when they have been shown to be absolutely without any credibility.

Trial by social media is not pleasant for anyone who is innocent and one has to feel sorry for NS if indeed he has had no part in this terrible crime but, he is the architect of suspicion, he has done nothing substantial to prove his innocence and has had many opportunities to do so. Similarly the Scottish Paedophile who when panicked let some phrases slip that cannot be retracted and he needs questioning, seriously.

Thats all for now folks except to mention that I will not supply links to our new but prolific typist old n grumpy or anyone else.

Reason: There are 2 types of posters on here, The genuinely concerned and the simply curious.

The genuinely concerned know where the links are.

Welcome back Dennis, I have been the victim of a holiday or two myself! thumbsup.gif For dog's sake don't misspell the apologists' names or you may be censured againsmile.png

Anyhow, the answers to your questions may go something like this:

1. I don't think he is a liar, but a pretty clever manipulator of the truth. He will quote a passage from an article and exclude points that don't send the reader the way he wants. Selective quoting. He's a master at it.

2. Because he has absolutely nothing else, besides (1.) above.

3. I have asked the same question severally, of him, JTJ, GB et al. Their position of unflinching RTP support makes no common sense, so what is their intention. Vested interests?

4. New? cheesy.gif

5. It was early and they hadn't yet had time to circle the wagons and concoct a more plausible story

6. They had circled the wagons by then (but still no plausible story!)

7. I suspect that he was sh***ing himself in hiding, hoping and waiting for daddy to mobilise the funds to clean the situation up.

8. Who knows? Unfortunately, after the RTP's needs had been taken care of (rolleyes.gif ), they don't seem to have transparently employed any of the normal methods of finding POIs (credit card/ATM usage, cell phone records, legitimate CCTV etc.

9. Because of (7.) above

10. Panic causing a momentary departure form the official script.

11. It's all they have and, given the way that the RTP have conducted themselves (multiple allegations of them trying to elicit perverted testimony) and the piss poor performance at the crime scene and after, the handling of that crucial evidence is highly suspect.

My 2c.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"that an unnamed Myanmar friend who got the phone from the suspects told police he destroyed it, before putting it in a plastic bag and discarding it at the back of his home."

Can you spot what is wrong with that statement?

Pol Maj-General Suwat Jaengyordsuk said

Given the RTP behavior in the case to date, any statement that has the words Police and said in it, is highly dubious and can most likely be regarded as false or a fabrication.

No surprise that the "Myanmar friend" is unnamed eh?sad.png

on the same report which is not correct as David had been stabbed a hoe wouldn't make them marks,

"He admitted to being sexually aroused and along with his two accomplices had used the hoe to beat the male tourist and then dumping his body in the sea. They then proceeded to rape the woman and finally killing her by hitting her with the same garden hoe."

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/three-migrant-workers-confess-rape-murder-british-tourists

Note: the B2 both agreed they used a broken bottle to kill David. There was no mention and no indications of a broken bottle (or glass pieces) at or near the crime scene. The bottle idea was introduced at the inquisition by the pancake seller (or one of the fist-clenching, teeth gnashing top brass standing alongside). The B2 would have agreed to anything at that inappropriately named 'safe house'. Yet more proof they were tortured.

Police - ask them if they committed these murders

interpreter - were you on the beach that night

B2 - krap

interpreter - they said yes

interpreter - sign this Thai written statement, it says you had nothing to do with this crime

B2 - krap

exactly why they should never have been interviewed without proper council present, then none of this torture (deleted) would be in discussion

In the west police must work within certain rules or they could in fact destroy the chance of convicting someone if they step outside the box

If an investigation leads them to a person of interest they can interview that person (not arrested), the person is free to leave at any time, if they have evidence strong enough for an arrest then that person becomes a suspect and is not free to leave - is read their rights and has the right to legal council, it is easy to see how and why this happens

It would have been better if on an Island of +2,000 People there was a line-up Official Myanmar Translators, but that was not the case. I hardly doubt if the had a lawyer their to, as they don't have a courthouse. It took 4 days for the Officials from the Myanmar Embassy to show up on the Island. So in the mean time what were they supposes to do with the accused brought in on questioning?

The Translator was also a Volunteer for the Tourist Police so this would have not been the first time he assisted the Police. The B2 nor did there Lawyers every claim they did not know what they were signing, nor did they claim they were tricked into signing the Confession. So your claim they did holds no water at all.

The reason why they were not free to leave right away was because the media alleged that 2 accused and a witness were brought in on Immigration Charges. Originally for entering Thailand illegally, which later indicated Lin was here legally, but also working without a Work Permit. Both of which are grounds to be arrested and held. Criminal Charges were filed later against the 2 Accused. They could be held legally for what I believe is 84 days before appearing before the courts. ,

A thought for people on the side of this debate that are actually seeking real justice.

I would suggest that the actual conspirators on this thread are actually those on the other side of the table.

There seems to be a fairly apparent conspiracy to bolster almost everything the RTP holds forth as evidence as well as deflect and divert any attention the moment the spotlight is turned back towards the head mans's family and two members in particular.

I have never before known of the majority in a community being labelled the conspirators. That is usually reserved for those misfits who concoct weird and fabled stories to promulgate their version of a story that the wider and more reasonable public can see as more reasonable and believable.

I just thought it worth mentioning.

wai.gif

Darkknight666

Don't have any Boys Darkknight. Mine are all girls. Last time I talked to them they weren't scared about anything. But thanks for asking.

Yes! I know that when his friend put it in a Plastic Bag and smashed it into little pieces with a Hammer, then threw it in the bushes, for a monetary value it was worthless.

But being found by the Police it is probably worth it's weight in Gold.

The Problem is it wasn't Davids phone Goldbuggy.

In fact the Police confirmed in the trial proceedings they didn't check to see if it was David's phone.

So its ineligible as a piece of evidence and should now be discounted from this case. End off..

Sorry. I never saw that. Where did this information come from?

Here we go. smile.png

"Police in Thailand said today they had identified two men they wanted to speak to as part of the inquiry into the murder of two British tourists. One of the suspects had been questioned while the other had left the island where the killings took place.

In the latest in a series of claims from the police investigating the murder of 23-year-old Hannah Witheridge and 24-year-old David Miller, Lt Gen Panya Mamen, a senior southern police commander, said the suspects were related to the village leader on the island of Koh Tao.

There is more than one, said the police chief, according to the Thailand Public Broadcasting Service.

TOP STORY

VIPs gather for opening of second Suez Canal - but doubts linger over security

Reports said one of the men had been detained and questioned before being released, while the other had gone to Bangkok. The police chief said they were liaising with officers in the capital to try and detain the second man.

The questioning of the possible suspect came after police said forensic tests had revealed DNA samples recovered from Ms Witheridges body belonged to two different Asian men and that these people were now their main line of inquiry.

Post-mortem tests carried out on Ms Witheridge and Mr Miller showed the young woman died from severe head wounds while the man had suffered head injuries and then drowned in the ocean after being attacked in the early hours of 15 September.

David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23 David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23

Their bodies were found less than 100 metres from the location of where a beach party had been held the night before. Police said a blood-stained hoe was found near the bodies and officers suspect it was the murder weapon.

Thai police have been criticised for the swerving nature of their investigation. Initially, migrant workers from neighbouring Burma were said to be the most likely suspects before police said they believed other British tourists may have been involved. They now again believe the killer, or killers, were almost certainly Asian.

Read more:

David Miller's father: My son died a hero

Hannah Witheridge's family 'broken' by tragedy

Police said they were also looking at evidence that may suggest the killings were carried out as a result of sexual jealousy. Police said they looking into claims Ms Witheridge and Mr Miller had argued with a Thai man in a bar before they were killed.

News of the arrest came as a British man living on Koh Tao revealed he had been forced to flee the island after being threatened by local mafia.

Sean McAnna, 25, who comes from near Glasgow, was a friend of Mr Miller. In a series of posts on social media he claimed local thugs he believed were responsible for the killing of the tourists had threatened to hang him.

I genuinely thought that was the day I was going to die, he told the Daily Telegraph. I genuinely thought that this was me dead. That I was gone.

At a press briefing on Tuesday, Thai police denied the existence of a mafia on Koh Tao, an island in the Gulf of Thailand that is known as a diving resort."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thailand-beach-murders-police-identify-two-suspects-over-deaths-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller-9751056.html

(Mod's... Not sure if independent is ok, if not apologies!)

Ok GB... Read it slow and then try and offer your take on this news... I would be worriiedd!

Yeah! And what I told Boomer that they did look into this.

You didn't happen to notice the date of this article and that this was written on September 23, 2014 did you?

Here we go. smile.png

"Police in Thailand said today they had identified two men they wanted to speak to as part of the inquiry into the murder of two British tourists. One of the suspects had been questioned while the other had left the island where the killings took place.

In the latest in a series of claims from the police investigating the murder of 23-year-old Hannah Witheridge and 24-year-old David Miller, Lt Gen Panya Mamen, a senior southern police commander, said the suspects were related to the village leader on the island of Koh Tao.

There is more than one, said the police chief, according to the Thailand Public Broadcasting Service.

TOP STORY

Reports said one of the men had been detained and questioned before being released, while the other had gone to Bangkok. The police chief said they were liaising with officers in the capital to try and detain the second man.

The questioning of the possible suspect came after police said forensic tests had revealed DNA samples recovered from Ms Witheridges body belonged to two different Asian men and that these people were now their main line of inquiry.

Post-mortem tests carried out on Ms Witheridge and Mr Miller showed the young woman died from severe head wounds while the man had suffered head injuries and then drowned in the ocean after being attacked in the early hours of 15 September.

David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23 David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23

Their bodies were found less than 100 metres from the location of where a beach party had been held the night before. Police said a blood-stained hoe was found near the bodies and officers suspect it was the murder weapon.

Thai police have been criticised for the swerving nature of their investigation. Initially, migrant workers from neighbouring Burma were said to be the most likely suspects before police said they believed other British tourists may have been involved. They now again believe the killer, or killers, were almost certainly Asian.

Read more:

Police said they were also looking at evidence that may suggest the killings were carried out as a result of sexual jealousy. Police said they looking into claims Ms Witheridge and Mr Miller had argued with a Thai man in a bar before they were killed.

News of the arrest came as a British man living on Koh Tao revealed he had been forced to flee the island after being threatened by local mafia.

Sean McAnna, 25, who comes from near Glasgow, was a friend of Mr Miller. In a series of posts on social media he claimed local thugs he believed were responsible for the killing of the tourists had threatened to hang him.

I genuinely thought that was the day I was going to die, he told the Daily Telegraph. I genuinely thought that this was me dead. That I was gone.

At a press briefing on Tuesday, Thai police denied the existence of a mafia on Koh Tao, an island in the Gulf of Thailand that is known as a diving resort."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thailand-beach-murders-police-identify-two-suspects-over-deaths-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller-9751056.html

Ok GB... Read it slow and then try and offer your take on this news... I would be worriiedd!

You didn't happen to notice the date of this article and that this was written on September 23, 2014 did you?

The date is a deflection from an apologist. In 10 months NEITHER of the original 2 suspects have been convincingly exonerated, 'they didn't do it' statements by a discredited organisation does not hold water.

Here we go. smile.png

TOP STORY

Read more:

Do you seriously have reading comp. issues? I'm convince you skim through posts looking for one to attack before you even read the thread. Yes I know hat date the story is from.. I knew before I posted it.

I find it relevant that the police initially had Mon and another relative of his were prime suspects up until the swap in command. I also find that it was reported to police a fight in the bar between a Thai man, Hannah and David had happened... So, not "rumor" .... Lead.

If you dismiss this article we may as well not cite any articles. Unfortunately, there isn't much evidence in public to go on.

The article is also still up! If it were all lies why isn't it off the net? At some point the headmans family were suspects. It's not insignificant GB.

Why are you trying to shield anyone who was a possible suspect in a crime?

No they are referring to the phone the B2 found on the beach.

Post the link that states they entered 2 phones as evidence. the phone I am speaking about is the Iphone 4S Black 16GB as entered into the evidence pack

Cite that the phone in question was an iPhone 4s?

I already did make and model is (Iphone 4S Black 16GB) this is the phone the police claim was davids phone

I say so is not a citation.

To ALL the Members here on this thread...

AleG is an extremely sneaky piece of work. Obviously here to cause a problem as He/She has already had a private message from me explaining why it would be wrong of me to disclose information on here however I have offered He/She a bet of 500USD that at that end of the case I will post exact details of the phone in the evidence.

The offer stands 500 usd donation to Hannahs charity if I fail to prove it and you pay 500 usd if I do... At the end of the case.

Get a back bone will you. and don't mislead people or p off this thread

I find it incredible that in a court of law the investigating officer can make such a blatantly obvious lie in such an important matter, I say lie because I really don't believe anyone could be stupid enough to not have that information as an investigating officer in a high profile double murder case that is being watched by the world.

"Failing to confirm whether the mobile phone and SIM card found on the beach belonged to Mr Miller"

So if you fail to confirm this then any link of the B2 suspects with their apparent admission that they took a phone should also be seriously called into question.

This also just does not ring true to me:

"an unnamed Myanmar friend who got the phone from the suspects told police he destroyed it, before putting it in a plastic bag and discarding it at the back of his home."

Why would he put a phone he had just broken into what looks suspiciously like an evidence bag

The case is falling apart at the seams and there's worse to come yet

Here we go. smile.png

TOP STORY

Read more:

Do you seriously have reading comp. issues? I'm convince you skim through posts looking for one to attack before you even read the thread. Yes I know hat date the story is from.. I knew before I posted it.

I find it relevant that the police initially had Mon and another relative of his were prime suspects up until the swap in command. I also find that it was reported to police a fight in the bar between a Thai man, Hannah and David had happened... So, not "rumor" .... Lead.

If you dismiss this article we may as well not cite any articles. Unfortunately, there isn't much evidence in public to go on.

The article is also still up! If it were all lies why isn't it off the net? At some point the headmans family were suspects. It's not insignificant GB.

Why are you trying to shield anyone who was a possible suspect in a crime?

Ha!Ha!Ha!

Yeah! Sure! Anything you say!

Laugh it off all you want. That's all you've got.

At the end of this debacle you'll either have to get a new nic or explain how you were so wrong.

I won't hold my breath. People who killed Hannah and David are lower than animals... Much, much lower.

And people who want justice aren't going anywhere.

AleG is an extremely sneaky piece of work. Obviously here to cause a problem as He/She has already had a private message from me explaining why it would be wrong of me to disclose information on here however I have offered He/She a bet of 500USD that at that end of the case I will post exact details of the phone in the evidence.

The offer stands 500 usd donation to Hannahs charity if I fail to prove it and you pay 500 usd if I do... At the end of the case.

What makes you think I have any interest whatsoever in getting in any for of private dealings with you?

I think you are way too full of yourself telling people what to do or not do.

@ GB

No I am not flaming, just stating facts.

So far as your unwarranted comments go, please do not get into an intellectual war with me, you are not even equipped for the initial skirmish.

Lets stay on topic, its about 2 people who were brutally murdered, even as a new poster you should have sussed that by now.

Unfortunately, all the indications of a compromised crime scene could play out favorably for Mon and Nomsod if they and their weapon-wielding buddies are ever brought to trial for this crime (which they should, in my opinion). Particularly Mon, as it's clear he was active within the crime scene from the get-go (probably even before the sun came up). Similarly, Thai officials botching up the DNA could be to the Headman's peoples' advantage. Perhaps that's part of RTP/Headman's peoples' plan and would partly explain why they're botching up and delaying scrutiny of the DNA evidence. Officials and Mon aren't as eager to see the B2 found guilty as they are to save their own skins.

This crime has been so badly investigated and evidence taken in a manor void of any creditability, IMHO no one can ever be convicted now... unless mismanagement of a crime scene is a criminal offence???

Unfortunately, all the indications of a compromised crime scene could play out favorably for Mon and Nomsod if they and their weapon-wielding buddies are ever brought to trial for this crime (which they should, in my opinion). Particularly Mon, as it's clear he was active within the crime scene from the get-go (probably even before the sun came up). Similarly, Thai officials botching up the DNA could be to the Headman's peoples' advantage. Perhaps that's part of RTP/Headman's peoples' plan and would partly explain why they're botching up and delaying scrutiny of the DNA evidence. Officials and Mon aren't as eager to see the B2 found guilty as they are to save their own skins.

This crime has been so badly investigated and evidence taken in a manor void of any creditability, IMHO no one can ever be convicted now... unless mismanagement of a crime scene is a criminal offence???

As long as the code of secrecy is in effect rendering witnesses too scared to come forward, Yes pretty much.

There are living humans today who know what happened... They just can't/won't talk. Which I find funny because what kind of threat would they be under from two Burmese lads?

Like, why is everyone so crap scared they can't speak? Burmese mafia on KT? Lmao.

We all know who runs the cops and crooks on KT.

One wonders why the Burmese took one phone but left another at the scene. And also left the sim there after taking it out of the phone. They seemed to have spent quite a while playing with phones after killing two people, i 'm surprised the two of them arnt seen ambling back to their room rather than just one of them running.

Of course it could all be made up.

They didn't that's just AliG's version which is incorrect and one that he/she cant prove. It didn't happen.

Its funny how the original RTP fanatics have gone from having half decent arguments/cases, to spreading out right lies.

As said before repeat something often enough someone might believe it. When that someone is GB oh dear.

So you point is what?

Why don't you go back and try to find these 2 Mobile Phones of David's that don't exist, or the evidence about this mobile phone thrown out of court, which never happened as it hasn't been presented yet. At least then you showed small signs of hope and some logic. .

I hope eventually the P.M. will realize just how bad this case is making Thailand look and just throw the lot of murdering scum in jail for many years along with their supporters. Then tear the structures of the island and return it to the animals who deserve it.

"that an unnamed Myanmar friend who got the phone from the suspects told police he destroyed it, before putting it in a plastic bag and discarding it at the back of his home."

Given the RTP behavior in the case to date, any statement that has the words Police and said in it, is highly dubious and can most likely be regarded as false or a fabrication.

Just a question, but when are you going to add something meaningful instead of attacking anyone who does not believe that every Cop in Thailand is Corrupt?

I hope eventually the P.M. will realize just how bad this case is making Thailand look and just throw the lot of murdering scum in jail for many years along with their supporters. Then tear the structures of the island and return it to the animals who deserve it.

This goes too high up for that. :(

Village Headman is a Suthep guy.... For a small amount of time I thought the General was really committed to righting Thailand's wrongs.. That didn't last very long. He is probably the only one at this point who could really get to the bottom of David and Hannah's horrible end... Yet nobody has much hope for change anymore.

Everyone knows the dangers of traveling here are high.. Add to that crimes continually go unsolved when privileged people are involved and people start to see they're not safe here.. They don't matter here only their money.

Just a question, but when are you going to add something meaningful instead of attacking anyone who does not believe that every Cop in Thailand is Corrupt?

I will answer for him. if I may be so bold.

It will probably happen a few minutes after you do.

Here is a question: Why is the Myanamar friend 'unnamed? Did they forget his name?

This goes too high up for that. sad.png

Village Headman is a Suthep guy.... For a small amount of time I thought the General was really committed to righting Thailand's wrongs.. That didn't last very long. He is probably the only one at this point who could really get to the bottom of David and Hannah's horrible end... Yet nobody has much hope for change anymore.

Everyone knows the dangers of traveling here are high.. Add to that crimes continually go unsolved when privileged people are involved and people start to see they're not safe here.. They don't matter here only their money.

Me too, me too.

I will answer for him. if I may be so bold.

It will probably happen a few minutes after you do.

Here is a question: Why is the Myanamar friend 'unnamed? Did they forget his name?

No he doesn't have a name to forget as he doesn't exist

One wonders why the Burmese took one phone but left another at the scene. And also left the sim there after taking it out of the phone. They seemed to have spent quite a while playing with phones after killing two people, i 'm surprised the two of them arnt seen ambling back to their room rather than just one of them running.

Of course it could all be made up.

They didn't that's just AliG's version which is incorrect and one that he/she cant prove. It didn't happen.

Its funny how the original RTP fanatics have gone from having half decent arguments/cases, to spreading out right lies.

As said before repeat something often enough someone might believe it. When that someone is GB oh dear.

So you point is what?

Why don't you go back and try to find these 2 Mobile Phones of David's that don't exist, or the evidence about this mobile phone thrown out of court, which never happened as it hasn't been presented yet. At least then you showed small signs of hope and some logic. .

Have to say I find it strange that the phone has not been presented as evidence already seeing as the investigating officer has already answered questions on it, maybe they forgot to put it in the trolley?

They better be quick though as the prosecution is now two thirds of the way through their presentation, they've only 3 more days left to reveal any further evidence and witnesses before the defense then gets to have its turn!

Cite that the phone in question was an iPhone 4s?

I already did make and model is (Iphone 4S Black 16GB) this is the phone the police claim was davids phone

Still waiting for a response AleG. You have had it in a private message that you read. You have had it in a public forum. Put your money where your mouth is its for a good cause 500usd to Hannah's charity if I cant prove it after the case ends.

i would be careful what claims you tinfoilers make.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/456749/Conspiracy-theorist-claimed-murder-Lee-Rigby-hoax-faked-harassment-trial

A bit like this guy who thinks the british government are giving misleading information to the victims family.

http://thailandjustice.com/change-org-update-on-koh-tao-by-christopher-harkins/

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Tinfoil_hat

Which phone,David's phone that was Hannah's or the one on the beach or the 1 found in the plastic bag. To many phones not enough time or money. Maybe the prosecution should have a whip round to fight their case. I reckon the pictures found on social media will be what ends this case.

So you point is what?

Have to say I find it strange that the phone has not been presented as evidence already seeing as the investigating officer has already answered questions on it, maybe they forgot to put it in the trolley?

They better be quick though as the prosecution is now two thirds of the way through their presentation, they've only 3 more days left to reveal any further evidence and witnesses before the defense then gets to have its turn!

The phone was part of the trial pack. It will/did include all details and pictures of the phone front back and sides along with the IMEI and sim number etc. They dont need the physical item I don't think.However the RTP agreed they hadn't followed it up to see who it belonged to. Lots of phones get stolen or lost and some maybe even handed into the police that they put into a plastic awaiting the owner to contact the Polee perhaps.

i would be careful what claims you tinfoilers make.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/456749/Conspiracy-theorist-claimed-murder-Lee-Rigby-hoax-faked-harassment-trial

A bit like this guy who thinks the british government are giving misleading information to the victims family.

http://thailandjustice.com/change-org-update-on-koh-tao-by-christopher-harkins/

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Tinfoil_hat

Perhaps you better brush up on this article rather than promoting your own conspiracy to stop Justice

Gaping holes in the investigation into the murders of British backpackers Hannah Witheridge and David Miller in Thailand have forced a judge to doubt it will ever reach a ‘conclusive outcome’.

The series of police blunders in the investigation against Burmese men Zaw Lin and Wei Phyo has stunned the court on Koh Samui, in the Gulf of Thailand.

The bodies of Miss Witheridge, 23, and Mr Miller, 24, were discovered in September last year, on Koh Tao Sairee Beach.

But failures to investigate vital evidence in the case is putting the trial in jeopardy.

Investigating officer Cherdpong Chiewpreecha revealed the shocking failures of the investigation when he appeared in court today.

The staggering blunders include:

Failing to confirm whether the mobile phone and SIM card found on the beach belonged to Mr Miller

Failing to sufficiently explain apparent discrepancies between the clothing of potential suspects, whose images were caught on CCTV

Failing to take into account body measurements of potential suspects when examining CCTV footage

Not being present during the collection of crucial DNA evidence, despite being the investigating officer in the case. Colonel Chiewpreecha admitted he had no idea how the DNA was taken and did not know whether the samples had been sent to Singapore for testing.

What’s more, Colonel Chiewpreecha did not know the whereabouts of a green towel that was found on Hannnah’s body, and claimed that it was not relevant as he believed it was placed on Hannah’s body after it had been discovered.

The officer said he did not know whether he would have expected the clothes of the suspects to be covered in blood after the violent attack.

He told the court that he did not know who the garden hoe that police had previously suggested was used to kill the pair belonged to.

He had to be reminded by the court that a worker from a nearby resort had claimed the hoe, and said it was he who had found it on the beach.

The officer did also not know who had reported the discovery of the bodies, because the police had not logged the name of the caller.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3173235/Catalogue-police-blunders-including-failure-investigate-evidence-chase-suspects-revealed-court-judge-doubts-case-conclusive-outcome.html

How do you know it has not been presented as evidence?

Archived