All New Pajero Sport

I saw the top 2 wheel drive model. They didn't have the 4x4 on display. The problems my wife and I had was inaccurate info coming from the sales people.

I was told that none of the safety features were included in the model I was looking at. He couldn't tell me which models had air bags.

I don't need a 4x4 but I want all the safety features. I also want the smoothest ride I can get.

Anyone know what is available in which model?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw the top 2 wheel drive model. They didn't have the 4x4 on display. The problems my wife and I had was inaccurate info coming from the sales people.

I was told that none of the safety features were included in the model I was looking at. He couldn't tell me which models had air bags.

I don't need a 4x4 but I want all the safety features. I also want the smoothest ride I can get.

This chart focusses on the differences between each of the brands (not what they have in common), but might answer your questions:

14430577211.png

If you want all the safety features, you have to go the top spec 4WD:

14430579101.png

In short, at the 1.25M-1.3M price point the Ford Everest has the most safety features - especially once you factor in that dealer will throw in a reversing camera on the lower grades that don't come with it OEM. The Fortuner is second best with a driver's knee airbag, but misses out on blind spot alert and rollover mitigation. Oh and it missies out on rear disc brakes.

Edited by IMHO

This chart focusses on the differences between each of the brands (not what they have in common), but might answer your questions:

14430577211.png

If you want all the safety features, you have to go the top spec 4WD:

14430579101.png

That's a great chart! Unfortunately some of it can't be read. I'd appreciate it if you could post again with a higher resolution or a link to one.

Thanks

That's a great chart! Unfortunately some of it can't be read. I'd appreciate it if you could post again with a higher resolution or a link to one.

Thanks

Just click on the images, then they'll be HUGE wink.png

Or right-click / long tap and save them.

Edited by IMHO

Thanks

Just click on the images, then they'll be HUGE ;)

Smart Alec...... Does anyone still say that? I did click on them honest injun!

No matter what you always gotta buy the top top top model to get anything that isnt purely cosmetic.

We did - 4WD was a freebie at the time. B1.5m? (approx).

I have two concerns about 4 wheel drive.

1. I don't want stiffened suspension because the soft ride is very very important to me. I've driven previous years Fortuner and Vigo and have hated the hard ride and wouldn't buy one because of it. I know what people say.... if you want a softer ride but a car. We need more space.

2. Living on the border with Laos I've heard that 4x4 are stolen more often.

3. I believe insurance and registration is more expensive.

If I could buy a top of the line with all the goodies that wasn't a 4x4 I'd prefer it.

No matter what you always gotta buy the top top top model to get anything that isnt purely cosmetic.

We did - 4WD was a freebie at the time. B1.5m? (approx).

I have two concerns about 4 wheel drive.

1. I don't want stiffened suspension because the soft ride is very very important to me. I've driven previous years Fortuner and Vigo and have hated the hard ride and wouldn't buy one because of it. I know what people say.... if you want a softer ride but a car. We need more space.

2. Living on the border with Laos I've heard that 4x4 are stolen more often.

3. I believe insurance and registration is more expensive.

If I could buy a top of the line with all the goodies that wasn't a 4x4 I'd prefer it.

Fortuner? Hmm. seems you’ve never drove one. Of course the P/u with leaf springs is stiffer but I’ve noticed no diference between the 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive Fortuner suspension wise. I’ve driven both and prefer the added safety of 4 wheel drive. The additional cost is marginal and they hold thier value better than the 2 wheel drive version. Yes I suppose it’s possible that the 4x4 version is stolen more often as they are far more desirable. Who in their right mind would buy a sport utility vehicle without off road capability is beyond me.

Personally speaking I would buy the 4x4 as I often took my 2010 pajero 3.2 up Khao Krajom in all weather. No modification other than AT tires. It also pulled a couple of toyota pickups out of a ditch as well as some numpty trying to take his Crv up there! But then again I bought it for both commuting and fun and wasn't too concerened about the odd scratch here and there. I have seen a few 4x4s trickep up like my neighbours Ranger with monster wheels, bash protection you name it, but as yet never seen a splash if mud on it!

Each to their own. That being said 2wd is more than enough for tarmac and the odd wet free dirt road. As for features, the novelty for me wears off after a weak or so and one reason Inopted for the base model Accord last year.

Fellow members, I need your HELP!

Wifey has decided that buying a new Pajero Sports with all the extras will be beneficial to BOTH of us.

I am happy with the 10 year old Honda City - a little more than 60,000km

The order has been placed. Delivery - Nov?

Deposit - B5k.

Help me please.

Wifey has decided that buying a new Pajero Sports with all the extras will be beneficial to BOTH of us.

Deposit - B5k.

Help me please.

I thought she booked it ages ago? And I seem to recall some posts where you mentioned words to the effect of that decision being justified?

Edit: yes, I'm not dreaming - it's the first post on this page ;)

Edited by IMHO

Deposit - B5k.

Help me please.

What did they give you for a deal? Extras, insurance, price?

IMHO - well could me.

I detest purchasing NEW.

Price - the most I have ever paid.

Benefits of buying - she will have to find something else to justify in buying; less nagging.

I will be too happy.

You can't take it with you ...anyway she chose well ... only one better would have been the EV

In the USA I've driven Ford products for half my life. Maybe they are different now. But I won't buy one again. I do however have many many friends that swear by the F150.

Extras - Insurance - 1 year of class 1

Spoiler

GPS

Quality service.

Other?

No window tint, carpets

What's the Quality service? Free oil changes?

I saw it offered for 1.4 mil but didn't understand the freebies included

Other?

Try and negotiate in the "Diamond Warranty" (5 years, 150,000KM instead of the standard 3 years / 100,000KM)

"Diamond" was part of the deal.

Mitsu were quality all the way.

Isuzu - goo too.

Toyota - no comment.

Deposit - B5k.

Help me please.

I did look, but I couldn't find you balls anywhere. Maybe another member can find them?