All New Pajero Sport

so now we have the aftersales patter. do we want to pay extra for the better film? do we want those rain window guard things? can someone pls explain what the benefit of these are?

not sure what other extras can be added as top of the range already. is there anything else?

Film: you can spend 4000 Baht or you can spend 20K or more. Yes, there's a difference, but it's not linear to price. I'd say unless you're willing to step up to 16-20K Baht worth of carbon ceramic film, just take what the dealer is giving away for free.

Weathershields: Increase wind noise. Add a tiny amount of shade. I can't see why unless you're a smoker and you need to open a window a little when it rains.

That said, there are probably some accessories I would get for the PJS:

The wheel arch moldings, because the underside edge always collect hard to remove grime, and I think it lifts the looks:

05.jpg

Note: I wouldn't buy those sidestep covers or the other black moldings in that pic though.

I'd also get the rear spoiler - without this SUV's just look like too "base model":

09.jpg

And I'd also get the genuine floor carpets:

01.jpg

Because aftermarket is rarely as good quality, or a great fit.

The rest, no thanks smile.png

YMMV

Edited by IMHO

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great many thanks, i will say yes to the free film, no to the weather shields and yes to the wheel arches and mats and perhaps the rear spolier.

great many thanks again

Whilst Mr IMHO opinion is always 'spot on' you might regret just accepting the 'standard' free film. As I suggested please read up on the window film topics ... they are a mine of information.

Great many thanks, i will say yes to the free film, no to the weather shields and yes to the wheel arches and mats and perhaps the rear spolier.

great many thanks again

Whilst Mr IMHO opinion is always 'spot on' you might regret just accepting the 'standard' free film. As I suggested please read up on the window film topics ... they are a mine of information.

Thanks for the advice, I will have a read and ask some colleagues here in Dubai who should know about film

Good choice. Tinted wind deflectors with tinted side windows create a big blind spot in less than strong sun light.

Didn't realise thanks for the tip, so a combination of both isn't recommended from a safety point of view

The dealer added tinted wind deflectors on my first Ranger in 2011. I ripped therm off after a month as the blind spot was big enough to hide a sip-lohr! Needless to say, they were not offered when I bought the WT earlier this year.

Straight off the Everest was noticeably quieter on startup whether inside or outside of the vehicle. I found the drivers seat to be more supportive and perhaps a little firmer though my Vigo seats would obviously have given somewhat over the years. Now, I'll just stick to the driving experience. Pulling out of the parking bay I almost threw it into full lock smile.png yes the steering is a lot lighter a low speed, electronic power steering?

Out of the dealership and onto the highway I just gassed it as I normally would. Instantly noticed how smooth the auto box was changing, almost seamless in comparison to the Vigo. When I glanced down at the speedo I was actually shocked that I was close to 140kph yet felt extremely relaxed at that speed. At 140 in the Vigo it just feels much faster and louder requiring more concentration, at least for me. Brakes were very sensitive, by that I mean virtually no pedal travel before biting pretty hard by comparison, I'm guessing that will change somewhat after a few 1000 km. Steering felt not so light at speed which is a good thing. Stopped on the hard shoulder, waited for a break in traffic then floored it to compare acceleration from standing start. I'm no expert, felt pretty similar to Vigo, maybe V just a tad quicker off the mark? hard to judge for me as it was all so quiet smile.png I did notice though that kick down during an overtake seemed slightly more delayed than the V.

All in all, I walked away shaking my head in surprise at how good a drive it actually was. smile.png

Yes, I completely agree with all of that, and my experience was exactly the same.

One thing I can tell you is the more you drive the Everest, the more little pleasant nuances you'll find.

Then there's smaller things, like the fact that the stereo (or your hands-free phone call), doesn't just abruptly power down as you instinctively switch off the ignition when parking (I still get out out by that in my other cars) - it waits until you open your door before it powers down. If you've owned another PPV before, your backseat passengers will notice that it's not just an AC in the back, it's also a heater, and not only do both rows get overhead air vents, both rows also have footwell air outlets (yep even the 3rd row where the foot level air comes from the side). Even little things like the way the cabin lights up - not just the placement of the normal interior lights, it uses the stereo screen and instrument cluster screens as interior lighting too.

If you share the driver's chair with someone else, you can program their key with a speed limiter, overspeed warnings, you can remove their ability to turn off safety aids, and even a put volume limiter on the 10-speaker stereo (which is light years better sounding than anything else in the segment).

etc etc

There really has been an awful lot of effort, and attention to detail put into that car, given the price point. It's astonishing what they've achieved with it.

It really seems like they just lifted all the gadgetry and software straight from their US models. Before the Everest I drove a very old pick-up in Thailand, but rented modern Camry-sized cars when in the USA. Chrysler 200, Chevrolet Malibu, etc. In terms of gadgetry, smoothness of the auto box and overall driving experience it's extremely similar. (It's almost a little artificial in feel, but again this is coming from someone used to a 15 year old Isuzu. ;)

If you step up to the Everest Titanium+ at 1,599,000, the extra 150K Baht over the PJS gets you:

All the features missing above

Remote rear door

Electric 3rd row seats

Huge moonroof

20" wheels

Trimmed soft touch dashboard

Ambient cabin lighting (this is actually quite nice - I have to admit it was a feature I largely overlooked before owning i t)

The hands-off reverse parallel parking system / parking spot finder

And of course the extra refinement.

* No, I'm not saying the EV is a competitor for the Benz GL - but it does make you pause longer to think if the extra 7.4M Baht is worth spending :P

Well, one description that did come to mind is 'Poor Man's Range Rover', when I was next to one in traffic. It's quite astonishing how much more refined these SUVs/PPVs have gotten.

Oh, negative for the Everest: The color of the seatbelts doesn't match the interior. and I think the seats are a bit hard. Also it's really very tall; I know it's no taller than comparable vehicles, but I come from an older 4x4 pick-up and that one doesn't require climbing into. ;)

Also it's really very tall; I know it's no taller than comparable vehicles, but I come from an older 4x4 pick-up and that one doesn't require climbing into. wink.png

While the roof is no higher than others in the segment, the seating position and even the 'waistline' are definitely higher than the outgoing PJS (which mine was parked next to for a couple of weeks), and the PJS wasn't exactly low to the ground. Good thing they put in those handgrips down low'ish on the pillars (which the PJS doesn't have) - otherwise it could be a real PITA for some people to get into it..

so now we have the aftersales patter. do we want to pay extra for the better film? do we want those rain window guard things? can someone pls explain what the benefit of these are?

not sure what other extras can be added as top of the range already. is there anything else?

Film: you can spend 4000 Baht or you can spend 20K or more. Yes, there's a difference, but it's not linear to price. I'd say unless you're willing to step up to 16-20K Baht worth of carbon ceramic film, just take what the dealer is giving away for free.

Weathershields: Increase wind noise. Add a tiny amount of shade. I can't see why unless you're a smoker and you need to open a window a little when it rains.

That said, there are probably some accessories I would get for the PJS:

The wheel arch moldings, because the underside edge always collect hard to remove grime, and I think it lifts the looks:

05.jpg

Note: I wouldn't buy those sidestep covers or the other black moldings in that pic though.

I'd also get the rear spoiler - without this SUV's just look like too "base model":

09.jpg

And I'd also get the genuine floor carpets:

01.jpg

Because aftermarket is rarely as good quality, or a great fit.

The rest, no thanks smile.png

YMMV

YMMV?

Also do we know the price of these extras?

My wife said the salesperson told her it comes with THB14,000 of extras. I am wondering if any of them are these in addition to the free film?

What does the THB 60,000 state on the accessories leaflet as I cant read Thai please?

Also what is the benefit of the side and under garnish or is it purely cosmetic?

Alloys look good, might buy those ;-)

I've never liked those bonnet/hood protectors that are a different colour, IMO makes the car look ugly and is a bit pointless. A bit like people who buy a new sofa but never take the plastic off it in order to protect it, I just feel it looks stupid and you aren't getting the full comfort out if it. Also is it really going to save much money on resale if that is the purpose of keeping the plastic on car seats or sofas

or the bonnet protectors? Just my two cents.

> What does the THB 60,000 state on the accessories leaflet as I cant read Thai please?

it's not 60,000 Baht :) It's the accessories warranty: 3 years, or 60,000 KM

> Also what is the benefit of the side and under garnish or is it purely cosmetic?

Just cosmetics.

> Also is it really going to save much money on resale if that is the purpose of keeping the plastic on car seats or sofas

or the bonnet protectors?

The front edge of the hood gets attacked by bugs at dusk, and other flying debris, and as a result you'll normally end up with a few chips out of the paint over the years. I'd prefer to spend the 2900 Baht getting the hood repainted every 5 years than put one of the protectors on - others prefer the protectors :)

YMMV?

Also do we know the price of these extras?

Your Mileage May Vary (i..e you might come to a different result).

Prices: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.th/all-new-pajero-sport/assets/data/LEAFLET_Accessories.pdf

Going from left to right top row to bottom row 1, 2 & 5 are free with the top model.

I am keen on buying 8 & mats as suggested by IMHO

but also like

3,4,9 &10

Which leaves just 6, 7 & 11 out.

Any thoughts on these choices?

Wife took delivery yesterday. PROUD! An understatement.

She has the red coloured plates on loan pending luckier ones in the near future.

From memory, B3500 is the cost.

Oh ok, thought that was free!

congrats to your wife, my wife is very excited about receiving the car, been told a couple of weeks ;-)

Just asked the wife.

Pay $$$ now.

In 3 months time, they refund the $$$.

LOGICAL?

I assume you're talking about the red dealer plates? If so, then yes, paying a security deposit for them is standard practice, as these are not easy for dealerships to replace if lost/stolen. Just to be clear, these are not your plates, and have not been issued for you car - the dealer owns these plates, is letting you use them on your car, and needs them back so they can re-use them for other future customers.

It should not take 3 months to get your car's actual white plates though - more like 1 month.

I should also add that it's illegal to use red plates for longer than 30 days anyway ;)

Edited by IMHO