All New Pajero Sport

The_All_New_Pajero_Sport.jpg

Mitsubishi Motors plans to launch "a new generation Pajero Sport" August 1 in the "BIG Motor Sale".

The company Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co., Ltd revealed, "Mitsubishi's new Pajero Sport," which is scheduled to be officially launched at the event. "National Exhibition of vehicles for sale: Bangkok International Grand Motor Sale 2015" (BIG Motor Sale 2015) to be held during August 1 to 9. Since 2558, at BITEC Bangna, Bangkok.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is just my experience with the last model year of this car/SUV.

• First it does not 'age' well.
  • The molding between the panel gaps dis colors in direct sun light.
  • The leather seats (if chosen) is thin and again does not age well.
  • Mitz requires the use of factory parts and so finding 3rd party parts will be difficulty if not impossible to find/use.
  • It will not be as good as a Toyota (4 Runner/Fortuner)

All in all it is a good vehicle. The company is good at taking care of issues that might crop up. But the larger version (Montero/Panjero) is better. I have owned both and the larger vehicle is a better choice over all. Yes, more money, but better design, the 3rd set of seats, and the dual A/C units offer betrer comfort and utility.

I am NOT saying that the vehicle in question is not worth it or terrible. I am just saying that from my perspective as an owner of 2 over the years (last 2013) and the Montero/Panjero (last 2014) I would pick the latter with out a further thought.

• Mitz requires the use of factory parts and so finding 3rd party parts will be difficulty if not impossible to find/use.

All in all it is a good vehicle. The company is good at taking care of issues that might crop up. But the larger version (Montero/Panjero) is better. I have owned both and the larger vehicle is a better choice over all. Yes, more money, but better design, the 3rd set of seats, and the dual A/C units offer betrer comfort and utility.

I am NOT saying that the vehicle in question is not worth it or terrible. I am just saying that from my perspective as an owner of 2 over the years (last 2013) and the Montero/Panjero (last 2014) I would pick the latter with out a further thought.

The Pajero "actual" isn't sold in Thailand anymore. When it was, it was 4x the price of a Pajero Sport GT though - so for us, comparing the two is apples and oranges :(

The Pajero "actual" isn't sold in Thailand anymore. When it was, it was 4x the price of a Pajero Sport GT though - so for us, comparing the two is apples and oranges sad.png

Mitsubishi does fruit trees too?

Hopefully not as ugly as their new pick up and they will be more competitive in regards to fuel consumption.

So far the new Fortuner and Revo are not setting a particularly difficult challenge for looks so the new PJS has a chance.

Our previous generation PJS and Fortuner do virtually identical fuel consumption so the old model 2.5L VG diesel was OK, just a bit noisy compared to Toyota.

Wait until you see it in the metal...

Here's some sketches that are pretty faithful to what we'll get:

http://www.headlightmag.com/mitsubishi-all-new-pajero-sport-%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%A0%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%80/

Also bear in mind that the new Mitsu 2.4L diesel is not only the most powerful per-litre of the new generation diesels (along with the new Nissan 2.5L), it's also much, much quieter and more refined, and more fuel efficient (~20% better) than the outgoing 178HP 2.5L. If you've driven the new Triton, you'll have been impressed by the engine, if nothing else.

On top of that, word is that Mitsu have lightened the weight compared to the old model, which has carry-on effects in handling, performance and economy.

I would think that excluding it from your short list now would be a mistake.

Wait until you see it in the metal...

Here's some sketches that are pretty faithful to what we'll get:

http://www.headlightmag.com/mitsubishi-all-new-pajero-sport-%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%A0%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%80/

Also bear in mind that the new Mitsu 2.4L diesel is not only the most powerful per-litre of the new generation diesels (along with the new Nissan 2.5L), it's also much, much quieter and more refined, and more fuel efficient (~20% better) than the outgoing 178HP 2.5L. If you've driven the new Triton, you'll have been impressed by the engine, if nothing else.

On top of that, word is that Mitsu have lightened the weight compared to the old model, which has carry-on effects in handling, performance and economy.

I would think that excluding it from your short list now would be a mistake.

I've been tld the new triton has a very good suspension and the most car like ride of the pickups. Any truth to that? Hopefully the new pjs will be the same or better, with coilovers in the rear.

Some photos of the new PJS doing a film shoot here:

http://community.headlightmag.com/index.php?topic=45320.msg764226#msg764226

I had moved on my old PJS to make space in the garage for a new vehicle, and after a very positive experience with the old car was thinking of the new PJS. After seeing these images it is off the list and I will wait for the new Toyota and decide between it and the Everest. Truly awful, and one of the nice things of the old model was visibility from the 3rd row for the kids which is now completely gone. Of course, just my opinion and subjective.

The Pajero "actual" isn't sold in Thailand anymore. When it was, it was 4x the price of a Pajero Sport GT though - so for us, comparing the two is apples and oranges sad.png

I was not "comparing" the two vehicles actually. I was saying that out of the two SUV's that Mitz offers the latter is better overall. Whether or not it is sold here in Thai is not the point. The Sport Montero (as the former is called in North America) is as I stated though a good vehicle, it does not age well and can cost more to repair as one has to use Mitz parts (so you are really paying for the name). But the new model looks good and I am sure will work as designed. I just think that the Forerunner (Foretuner... why the name change escapes me) is better overall.

What makes me laugh is that the Panjero will cost you about $45K in North America and in the UK it will cost you the same... but n Pounds! That would make it above $90K. But in the end, and as I said... the 4-Runner (Foretuner ... why the name change is beyond me) is a better SUV and will age better and will cost less in the longrun as third party parts are available. I am just saying.

Oh... I do know that Mitzubishi Heavy Industries does not make "fruit trees", but does build Subs.... maybe Thai would like to buy one from them rather than the Chinese... better quality!

What makes me laugh is that the Panjero will cost you about $45K in North America and in the UK it will cost you the same... but n Pounds! That would make it above $90K. But in the end, and as I said... the 4-Runner (Foretuner ... why the name change is beyond me) is a better SUV and will age better and will cost less in the longrun as third party parts are available. I am just saying.

Oh... I do know that Mitzubishi Heavy Industries does not make "fruit trees", but does build Subs.... maybe Thai would like to buy one from them rather than the Chinese... better quality!

Im sorry, but you're still talking about foreign prices - both for the cars and parts. irrelevant to Thailand. You're also comparing a Fortuner to a 4Runner, which is not the same machine with a different badge.

Anyways, I think I can summarize what you're trying to say: In a different country, with different models, different prices and different costs of servicing, you preferred a higher-end Mitsubishi over a lower-end one, but probably would have bought a lower-end Toyota instead. Have I got it? :P

Edited by IMHO

By Mitsubishi Thailand

Mitsubishi Motors join the Bangkok International Grand Motor Sale 2015

Mr. Morikazu Chokki, President and CEO of Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co., Ltd. unveiled about Mitsubishi line up at Bangkok International Grand Motor Sale 2015 which will be held between August, 1-9 at BITEC Bangna that the All New Pajero Sport will be introduced as the world premiere at the event along with a full range of Mitsubishi product. Also, special campaigns will be offered to all Mitsubishi customers.

• World premier introduction
  • Mitsubishi the All-New Pajero Sport: Designed for Perfection... With the concept of “Stylish & Comfortable off-road SUV”, the new car harmoniously balances high levels of Sophisticates Design, Premium Comfort and Advance Features that accommodates the diversification in consumer tastes and caters to the luxury-minded consumer which is the result of the focus on; Surpassing competitors by taking the all-new Pajero Sport’s off-road performance to a new level; Revamping not just its static elements of quality - the exterior and interior appearance and comfort - but also its dynamic elements of quality - the vehicle dynamics, quietness and ride; and Thinking “outside the box”, developing with meticulous details to lavishly incorporate the most advanced equipment. Also, the special campaign will be provided to all booking customers.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php/82-mitsubishi/329-mitsubishi-motors-join-the-bangkok-international-grand-motor-sale-2015

Also at the show:

Delica_space_wagon.jpg

Edited by FarangMoto

By Mitsubishi Thailand

Mitsubishi Motors join the Bangkok International Grand Motor Sale 2015

Mr. Morikazu Chokki, President and CEO of Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co., Ltd. unveiled about Mitsubishi line up at Bangkok International Grand Motor Sale 2015 which will be held between August, 1-9 at BITEC Bangna that the All New Pajero Sport will be introduced as the world premiere at the event along with a full range of Mitsubishi product. Also, special campaigns will be offered to all Mitsubishi customers.

• World premier introduction
  • Mitsubishi the All-New Pajero Sport: Designed for Perfection... With the concept of “Stylish & Comfortable off-road SUV”, the new car harmoniously balances high levels of Sophisticates Design, Premium Comfort and Advance Features that accommodates the diversification in consumer tastes and caters to the luxury-minded consumer which is the result of the focus on; Surpassing competitors by taking the all-new Pajero Sport’s off-road performance to a new level; Revamping not just its static elements of quality - the exterior and interior appearance and comfort - but also its dynamic elements of quality - the vehicle dynamics, quietness and ride; and Thinking “outside the box”, developing with meticulous details to lavishly incorporate the most advanced equipment. Also, the special campaign will be provided to all booking customers.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php/82-mitsubishi/329-mitsubishi-motors-join-the-bangkok-international-grand-motor-sale-2015

Delica_space_wagon.jpg

Before anyone panics, no that's not the new PJS - that's a Delica MPV :)