Are You a Cat or a Dog Person?

EmptyHead

Are You a Cat or a Dog Person  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think there is something odd about people that feel the need to own vicious dogs like 'staffies' 'rotties' pit bulls and the like, they seem inadequate so have the dogs to make up for it.

Just because they are big dogs doesn't make them vicious. Most of the examples you give have had very bad publicity due them either used for fighting or classically have jobs in security, guard or attack and naturally project an image of danger.

Its all about the way they have been trained and the environment that they live in, this really goes for all breeds. One of the evilest dogs I ever came across was a Jack Russel, nasty little sod that one...................wink.png.

We have two 6yo Siberian huskies who are absolutely great with people. However, because of their very high prey drive, not so friendly with anything small and furry. The small & furry ones would have a different perspective I'm sure.

We have two 6yo Siberian huskies who are absolutely great with people. However, because of their very high prey drive, not so friendly with anything small and furry. The small & furry ones would have a different perspective I'm sure.

Not really the climate for huskies is it?

Not really the climate for huskies is it?

Born and bred in Thailand, we didn't import them! The wife has the same though wave as yourself, hence they have an aircon in their sleeping area. I know, I know.....................blink.png

Their coats work in two ways, cold climates protection from the cold, warm climates, protection from the heat. Double layered insulation. They are quite at home in this climate. Again, image projection of huskies pulling a sledge through the snow.

I think there is something odd about people that feel the need to own vicious dogs like 'staffies' 'rotties' pit bulls and the like, they seem inadequate so have the dogs to make up for it.

I am afraid you are very misinformed about Rottweiler's and Staffordshire terriers. They are not vicious. They just have ineffective and stupid owners. The only thing odd, is your ignorant comment.

My Rottweiler in the picture sadly passed away this year. He was 8 and had cancer. Within 5 weeks he went from 45 Kilos to 15 kilos. I have had two previously and they were also great. There are much smaller dogs that can be more vicious. Once again down to very bad owners.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

I did not say big dogs, pit bulls are not big are they, but idiots have them in Thailand and when they get into the soi genes then watch out

Unfortunately true, but as stated above, it is not necessarily the animal, but the owner to blame. If the dog is raised correctly, in the right environment, they will be pals for life.

Just for the record Staffies (certainly the English ones) arte one of the nicest, non vicious dogs, I have come across. They can be left with children and require less training than other breeds, especially your small dogs like Shiatsu's and other 'toy breeds'. The poor press they get is unjustified and it is, as many have stated here, poor owners that cause the problem. Also they get mistaken for Pit Bulls who are a different breed and require much more training, to keep them as a safe, domestic dog.

I did not say big dogs, pit bulls are not big are they, but idiots have them in Thailand and when they get into the soi genes then watch out

Are the pit bulls in Thailand the same breed than in western countries ? I have seen a meeting of many pitbulls with their Thai owners, and all these dogs seemed very nice and not dangerous at all ( but they had the same apparence that western pitbull )

I must say I was a little bit afraid to be so close to them but all of them seemed totally harmless

Years ago, my cat came home with a ripped out throat. I was sure he would die....as I could see his esophagus...and all the other inner workings. The cat would not eat, and drank very little. (We are all quite lucky, as it could of been a bite from a rabid animal.

Anyways, "Sunshine", my mixed breed (mostly irish setter), stayed with that cat for weeks. They would sleep together on the kitchen floor, and "Sunshine" would lick the gaping wound in my cat's throat. All worked out well...and the cat was totally healed.

I had to give both away...later (Military duties), and unfortunately, "Sunshine" was adopted by some poor folks who have a huge parcel of land. She had pups, but I think the people tended to neglect the dogs. I went there to pick her up...and take her away, but the folks there said that "Sunshine" followed me onto the highway (ran after our car)...and was struck by another car...and died.

The cat lived on. Sunshine was just the happiest, sweetest dog in the world.... loved catching frisbees and playing with the cat.

Yet another ignorant and uninformed post, from the same troll.