Prayuth likens Uighur refugees to breeding animals

Lite Beer

Prayuth likens Uighur refugees to breeding animals
By Todd Ruiz

prayuth.100715.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Speaking to the media about the deportation of Uighur Muslims to China yesterday, Prime Minister Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha likened them to animals Thailand was best being rid of before they bred “three litters of offspring.”

A visibly angry Prayuth used coarse language while responding to questions over Thailand’s decision to send more than 100 Uighurs back to China against their will, a decision which drew sharp rebukes from the international community and led to a mob storming the Thai consulate in Istanbul last night.
"If we don't do this, what else are we gonna do? Or do you want to feed them until they produce three litters of offspring?” he said, using the word kroak (ครอก) which means animal offspring.

Prayuth, who often goes off-script during testy exchanges with the media, was responding to repeated questions about how his government could be certain of the refugee's safety after deporting them to China, which has sought their return since they were discovered in March, 2014, at a camp in the south of Thailand.

Read More: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/07/10/prayuth-likens-uighur-refugees-breeding-animals

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-07-10

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big leader is now tired of caring about the international opinion. He just gave the illegal fisher men a license to carry on 2 months more. He do not worry about EU, USA as long he can please China. He cannot please everybody all time. All sectors of Thailand already have found their ways around this figure. Now he is just an administrator.

the man does have a way with words that at times remind me of southern rednecks dicussing the labor, immigration,,welfare problems the us and much of europe are faced with. the prime difference is he shows a lot of restraint toward the many groups wanting something for nothing. most want but are not willing to discuss giving themselves, or real compromise. it takes several years and individuals to start seeing the fruit of the effort of those with good intentions and a course of action to achieve the ultimate goal.

quite a few toes will be stepped on a few maybe even removed volluntarily others under duress but needed non the less. leave the man to his work. they say it takes 3 to 4 times longer to rebuild and correct correct past screw ups than it took to make them. kind of like a illiness requiring hospitalion it takes much longer to regain your health/ strength than it took to get just on the road to recovery.

The Uighur are legitimate refugees. What is perplexing about the general's comments is that;

1. China states that the Uihgurs are treated no differently than other Chinese citizens

2. Thailand is chasing after Chinese visitors and business

And now the general considers these Chinese nationals as subhuman.

It's a slippery slope when singles out a specific religious group. I remind the general that there are many people who find that people who pray before statues, put out food offerings for invisible spirits, who go to fortune tellers, and who put their faith in magical amulets to be primitive and backward.

He has a way with words...........

Yup, the developed world is not ready for the stark naked truth. Those who disagree should explain why.

Because "man is the measure of all things". Really, after 2500 years of western philosophy, the burden of proof may safely be said to lie with those who disagree with that idea. People are not vermin, they matter - because what else possibly could?

This is entirely separate from recognizing that certain dogmatisms, including but not limited to, communism, white supremacy and many forms of Islam, are harmful things.

Edited by cocopops

It's not really OK to call humans animals in a derogatory sense.

Yes, technically humans are of course animals but I mean when you prop up your own ethnicity as human and an "other" as animals.

In my view even the ISIS fighters chopping off the heads of Christians on the beaches and throwing gay people off buildings are not animals.

They're just very bad HUMANS.

It's not really OK to call humans animals in a derogatory sense.

Yes, technically humans are of course animals but I mean when you prop up your own ethnicity as human and an "other" as animals.

In my view even the ISIS fighters chopping off the heads of Christians on the beaches and throwing gay people off buildings are not animals.

They're just very bad HUMANS.

They're operating based on bad information.

If one seriously believed that the creator of the universe wished these things and handed out post-mortem rewards or punishments to those who did or didn't do them, one would be a fool not to start chopping of heads, no?

Goodness me.

He desperately needs to employ Robert Amsterdam...Amsterdam can make any man look good in the eyes of the international media.

In a case where your precious general dehumanizes fellow human beings you still somehow manage to make it about Thaksin.

Well done.

Completely agree my dear friend..Completely agree.

When it involves dehumanising people Amsterdam is the man to turn it around...I never mentioned thaksin, but you are correct my friend. He is one of the biggest human rights abusers in history and Amsterdam turned it around for him..

Thank you for reinforcing my point my friend... Much appreciated.

Could he be anymore of a mouth peice for the uppity elites he serves? He no doubt thinks the same of some of his own people.

Really ratifying the principals of Buddhism right there folks.

Oh please! This has no bearing in which class of people he represnting given it is a well known fact that most thais are prejudice with other races and consider themselve above others. We farang are tolerated but are thoughy of as ignorant walking atm machines. While others in asia are dogs. P is thai we are not. This same attitude is inbred in thais.

Could he be anymore of a mouth peice for the uppity elites he serves? He no doubt thinks the same of some of his own people.

Really ratifying the principals of Buddhism right there folks.

Oh please! This has no bearing in which class of people he represnting given it is a well known fact that most thais are prejudice with other races and consider themselve above others. We farang are tolerated but are thoughy of as ignorant walking atm machines. While others in asia are dogs. P is thai we are not. This same attitude is inbred in thais.

nonsense

He has a way with words...........

Yup, the developed world is not ready for the stark naked truth. Those who disagree should explain why.

are you really doubling-down on Prayuth's insinuation that the Uighur's are sub-human?

If you are, then can we change your alias to DTrump?