Renew 1 year drivers license in BKK

Hi. I need to renew my 1 year car and motorbike licenses issued last year in Chiang Mai. I have my residence certificate from the Australian embassy. What else do I need and 2 here do I go.

I only have one CoR but that was all I needed in Chiang Mai but have read some places need two. Can anyone confirm what is required in Bangkok.

Thanks.

For the renewal, is it just paperwork or do you have to do the brake/eyesight tests etc?

Yes, you will have to take the brake/eyesight tests again also. Depending on the amount of people there I would plan on being there a few hours, at least I was.

Passport + 2 copies, medical certificate + 1 copy. 1 copy of residence certificate.

After my 1 year license I got 5 year licenses. Cost about 1000 baht for the pair.

1 year license ?? I went for both car and motor bike ( first time ) last month in Chonbury and Ones issued to me is valid for 2 years..

1 year license ?? I went for both car and motor bike ( first time ) last month in Chonbury and Ones issued to me is valid for 2 years..

True, but only since 23 March this year.

A new rule so to say.

Has also been mentioned in other threads.

Passport + 2 copies, medical certificate + 1 copy. 1 copy of residence certificate.

After my 1 year license I got 5 year licenses. Cost about 1000 baht for the pair.

Have the rules changed nationally or is this a local <deleted>? Perhaps they did not wish to see your mug again for at least 2 yrs!gigglem.gif

Have the rules changed nationally or is this a local <deleted>? Perhaps they did not wish to see your mug again for at least 2 yrs!gigglem.gif

Yeah....I'm sure it's got nothing to do with my mug...??

Another poster replied to me saying the law changed from 1 to 2 years in April this year so I'm just lucky

Ok I went and got the licences. Pretty easy at first but they mocked up my paperwork and had the wrong name on it. Don't know how. Took about 45 more minutes to get it right. Then took the 3 tests, depth perception, peripheral vision and the brake test. The photo taken an 960 baht for both. Valid 5+ years until my birthday in September.

From own experience: check your name and address carefully on all papers and on the printed card (address on the backside).

(check all personal details)

1) If you happen to have a middle name they might manage to print a complete wrong name (no family name)

2) Even if you have a perfect certificate of residence they might manage to print a complete random address on the back

I had 1) and 2) tongue.png

Noticed 1) on the spot, got corrected.

Noticed 2) when back home. Have a car DL with wrong address since 2011 blink.png

When recently doing motorbike DL, again wrong address on a document (even after giving copies of the yellow house book).

Corrected on the spot.

Now I have a motorbike DL with correct name AND correct address. I am so proud cheesy.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ