After deal, Israel still vows to block an Iran nuclear bomb

webfact

Israel can call herself lucky that Iran has not bombed Israeli nuclear installations.

If israel has the right to nuclear bombs, so has Iran.

Israel has a right to defend itself, but pre-emptive strikes against Iran will endanger all lives of the rest of the world.

That right the country of Israel does NOT have.

Only one solution: ALL countiries get rid of their nuclear bombs.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're talking about 'bombs' (as the title suggests) then yes Israel is likely to work to prevent them obtaining any nuclear weaponry because the surely the whole deal discussions in the first place were to oversee and ensure that Iran was not developing thus nuclear capability in order to build nuclear weaponry? I don't know the details of the deal yet, so I don't know if it is a 'mistake' or not. Time will tell.

Bear in mind like North Korea Iran has a hard time keeping their word with "Infidels" There is no word in their dictionary related to the word lying when it comes to dealing with "Infidels" Israel will no doubt be in the market for super bunker busters. History has shown that trying to make nice with Iran is a waste of time and they are pi**ing off true allies like Israel, Saudi Arabia and others. The only value of this deal is just another star on Obama's legacy list. I like the way Obama explains this deal "A bad deal is better than no deal" what a joke. I hope that Congress has the gahones to cancel this deal I understand if they get 67% they can over ride the presidents veto. In the the end though I think Obama will glad hand his way around Congressional members handing out pork for their vote after all he has 60 days to do so. Each member is only worried about re-election and if they can get some pork for their constituants they will shamelessly vote in favor.

Iran currently has troops in Iraq and Syria.

They are invited.

It has fired upon foreign-owned merchant ships in international waters in the Gulf.

When?

Other than firing warning shots to intercept vessels in its own waters, as was done recently, and as is done by the US quite often in the Gulf.

Israel can call herself lucky that Iran has not bombed Israeli nuclear installations.

Israel has a right to defend itself, but pre-emptive strikes against Iran will endanger all lives of the rest of the world.

What is Iran supposed to use to bomb Israel's nuclear facilities?

Their air force consists of some 40 year old F-14s and even older F-4s and F-5s.

They need to leave their air force in mothballs until the Russians and Chinese sell them some new fighter jets, right after Obama gives them $100 Billion or so.

Your one solution is not workable.

If we're talking about 'bombs' (as the title suggests) then yes Israel is likely to work to prevent them obtaining any nuclear weaponry because the surely the whole deal discussions in the first place were to oversee and ensure that Iran was not developing thus nuclear capability in order to build nuclear weaponry? I don't know the details of the deal yet, so I don't know if it is a 'mistake' or not. Time will tell.

Bear in mind like North Korea Iran has a hard time keeping their word with "Infidels" There is no word in their dictionary related to the word lying when it comes to dealing with "Infidels" Israel will no doubt be in the market for super bunker busters. History has shown that trying to make nice with Iran is a waste of time and they are pi**ing off true allies like Israel, Saudi Arabia and others. The only value of this deal is just another star on Obama's legacy list. I like the way Obama explains this deal "A bad deal is better than no deal" what a joke. I hope that Congress has the gahones to cancel this deal I understand if they get 67% they can over ride the presidents veto. In the the end though I think Obama will glad hand his way around Congressional members handing out pork for their vote after all he has 60 days to do so. Each member is only worried about re-election and if they can get some pork for their constituants they will shamelessly vote in favor.

The Israeli lobby in Washington wasn't mentioned in your post.

They, like the Palestinians don't exist, do they?

Israel has not the military capabilities to start a war against Iran on his own.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Don't laugh, it's true.

Without backing from the US, without airspace permission from some Arab countries, Israel can not.

If you want to focus on "military capabilities", it is also true. Israel does not have enough boots to put boots on the ground in Iran, so it may start something, but can not finish it.

How do you know the Israelis don't already have overflight authorization?

Why would boots on the ground be a requirement?

Israel doesn't plan to colonize Iran, they only want to take out their nuclear capability.

Israel obtained overflight authorisation from Saudi Arabia, but the distances are limiting the operations in case of interception and air defense.

Latest IDF unlawful attacks in Syria can play a capital role if Israel starts a war against Iran. They've previously bombed Damascus with high incendiary bombs and shot down a Syrian fighter jet down. Syria is allied with Hezbollah from Lebanon and they can deploy 150.000 soldiers in support of Iran for a ground invasion. IDF knew a huge military debacle during 2006 Lebanon conflict. Any future guerrilla invasion from Lebanon and/or Syria into Israel would be disastrous without counting on any allied intervention of Hamas from the West Bank.

Iran has better defensive capabilities than Israel. Moreover, Iran can stand a longer military campaign and is capable to hold a multi-front war. Israel has not such capabilities.

Again, Israel can get the genie out of the bottle, but they will never be able to put him again...even if they use warning leaflets before any strike...

Huh?

What are you on about?

Obviously the "Israeli lobby" will be working to try to influence the U.S. congress to reject the agreement and override Obama's veto following Bibi's leadership but I don't think many people expect they will be successful.

Surprise, surprise, the "Israeli lobby" doesn't always get what it wants.

BTW, the major U.S. liberal Jewish political lobbying organization "J Street" is supportive of the agreement.

This tread is NOT about the Israel-Palestinian conflict1zgarz5.gif so suggest those infected with an extreme case of Israel demonization obsession step back on focus on what is actually being discussed here.

Edited by Jingthing

It seems that Israeli Air force will have work soon coffee1.gif

Not until Assad is taken out in Syria and Iran is thus left without any significant potential Arab ally that could cause serious damage to Israel. The Western/ Sunni jihadist army is getting closer to this objective every day.

Huh?

What are you on about?

Obviously the "Israeli lobby" will be working to try to influence the U.S. congress to reject the agreement and override Obama's veto following Bibi's leadership but I don't think many people expect they will be successful.

Surprise, surprise, the "Israeli lobby" doesn't always get what it wants.

BTW, the major U.S. liberal Jewish political lobbying organization "J Street" is supportive of the agreement.

This tread is NOT about the Israel-Palestinian conflict1zgarz5.gif so suggest those infected with an extreme case of Israel demonization obsession step back on focus on what is actually being discussed here.

America's Middle East policy is entirely made in Israel and by Jewish-Americans. Yet as you stated Israel and American Jews are divided on certain issues with "J Street " and liberal Jewish Americans allied with the Israeli left on one side; and Netanyahu and the NeoCons allied on the other. The Washington Post reported in 2008 that the Democratic Party got 60% of its funding from Jewish organizations and individuals. The Republican Party is also dominated by NeoCons and depends heavily on Sheldon Adelson and Likud-friendly lobbyist money and media. The American non-Jewish majority has virtually no voice in what goes on anymore. Both of these sides use our soldiers and tax money for their own selfish objectives. Edited by Merzik

America's Middle East policy is entirely made in Israel and by Jewish-Americans. Yet as you stated Israel and American Jews are divided on certain issues with "J Street " and liberal Jewish Americans allied with the Israeli left on one side; and Netanyahu and the NeoCons allied on the other. The Washington Post reported in 2008 that the Democratic Party got 60% of its funding from Jewish organizations and individuals. The Republican Party is also dominated by NeoCons and depends heavily on Sheldon Adelson and Likud-friendly lobbyist money and media. The American non-Jewish majority has virtually no voice in what goes on anymore. Both of these sides use our soldiers and tax money for their own selfish objectives.

(Chopped to enable reply)

Please stop spreading your toxic Judeophobic poison.

You have resorted to an classic trope of Jew hating rhetoric ... exaggerating global Jewish control.

To say Israel has a strong U.S. lobby is one thing and true but you crossed the line into Jew hating Neo-Nazi/Islamofascist rhetoric by suggesting that the entirety of the USA's middle east policy is Jew controlled and that non-Jews have no say. It's a dirty lie. It is not true. The only way you could possibly "prove" it is by referring to Judeophobic Neo-Nazi/Islamofascist type websites.

BTW, your rhetoric is very similar to the rhetoric of the notorious Malaysian Judeophobe Mahathir Mohammed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitic_canard

On 16 October 2003, the Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohammed drew a standing ovation at the 57-member Organisation of the Islamic Conference for his speech, in which he said: "...today the Jews rule this world by proxy. They get others to fight and die for them...

(BTW, it's irrelevant if your "best friends are Jewish" as I was only responding to the hatefulness of your political rhetoric and NOT your personal life.)

Edited by Jingthing

Their air force consists of some 40 year old F-14s and even older F-4s and F-5s.

They need to leave their air force in mothballs until the Russians and Chinese sell them some new fighter jets, right after Obama gives them $100 Billion or so.

Have a look here at the Iranian Air Force.

granted it is "only" Wikipedia but.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_of_the_Iranian_Air_Force

Don't laugh, it's true.

Without backing from the US, without airspace permission from some Arab countries, Israel can not.

If you want to focus on "military capabilities", it is also true. Israel does not have enough boots to put boots on the ground in Iran, so it may start something, but can not finish it.

Israel doesn't plan to colonize Iran, they only want to take out their nuclear capability.

Israel obtained overflight authorisation from Saudi Arabia, but the distances are limiting the operations in case of interception and air defense.

Latest IDF unlawful attacks in Syria can play a capital role if Israel starts a war against Iran. They've previously bombed Damascus with high incendiary bombs and shot down a Syrian fighter jet down. Syria is allied with Hezbollah from Lebanon and they can deploy 150.000 soldiers in support of Iran for a ground invasion. IDF knew a huge military debacle during 2006 Lebanon conflict. Any future guerrilla invasion from Lebanon and/or Syria into Israel would be disastrous without counting on any allied intervention of Hamas from the West Bank.

Iran has better defensive capabilities than Israel. Moreover, Iran can stand a longer military campaign and is capable to hold a multi-front war. Israel has not such capabilities.

Again, Israel can get the genie out of the bottle, but they will never be able to put him again...even if they use warning leaflets before any strike...

Have you ever heard of mid-air refueling? The other possibility is, if Saudi Arabia grants overflight privileges, what is to stop them from granting landing and refueling rights on the way home?

Your nonsensical post about Syria and Hezbollah launching 150,000 troops in a ground war is so far off the real world it beggars belief. Four simple letters of the alphabet say this isn't going to happen anytime soon...ISIS.

Syria, Hezbollah and Hamas will have their hands full for the foreseeable future getting out of the ISIS trap.

Throw Shiite Iran into the same fire with ISIS and you have Iran with little capacity to invade or attack Israel.

Finally, Israel has some of the finest defensive capabilities in the world. They are surrounded by enemies that only want their destruction so it only stands to reason they are prepared to protect themselves. Iran? Not so much.

I call your Iranian Air Force and raise you one Israeli Air Force.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_Air_Force

Compare the aircraft available for each side, think about it for a moment and then think about the ability of the pilots.

America's Middle East policy is entirely made in Israel and by Jewish-Americans. Yet as you stated Israel and American Jews are divided on certain issues with "J Street " and liberal Jewish Americans allied with the Israeli left on one side; and Netanyahu and the NeoCons allied on the other. The Washington Post reported in 2008 that the Democratic Party got 60% of its funding from Jewish organizations and individuals. The Republican Party is also dominated by NeoCons and depends heavily on Sheldon Adelson and Likud-friendly lobbyist money and media. The American non-Jewish majority has virtually no voice in what goes on anymore. Both of these sides use our soldiers and tax money for their own selfish objectives.

(Chopped to enable reply)

Please stop spreading your toxic Judeophobic poison.

You have resorted to an classic trope of Jew hating rhetoric ... exaggerating global Jewish control.

To say Israel has a strong U.S. lobby is one thing and true but you crossed the line into Jew hating Neo-Nazi/Islamofascist rhetoric by suggesting that the entirety of the USA's middle east policy is Jew controlled and that non-Jews have no say. It's a dirty lie. It is not true. The only way you could possibly "prove" it is by referring to Judeophobic Neo-Nazi/Islamofascist type websites.

BTW, your rhetoric is very similar to the rhetoric of the notorious Malaysian Judeophobe Mahathir Mohammed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitic_canard

On 16 October 2003, the Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohammed drew a standing ovation at the 57-member Organisation of the Islamic Conference for his speech, in which he said: "...today the Jews rule this world by proxy. They get others to fight and die for them...

(BTW, it's irrelevant if your "best friends are Jewish" as I was only responding to the hatefulness of your political rhetoric and NOT your personal life.)

Nothing but personal insults and slurs from a safe distance and guilt-by association comparing my post to the PM of Malaysia on your part. Typical from you . I don't believe Jews run the world; but they do make US Middle-East policy and this is very easy to demonstrate. Per the funding of the parties:

"J.J. Goldberg wrote in his 1994 book Jewish Power that 45% of the Democratic Partys fundraising and 25% of that for the Republican Party came from Jewish-funded Political Action Committees.[41] Richard Cohen, a columnist for the Washington Post, updated those figures in 2006 citing figures of 60% and 35% respectively for the Democratic and Republican Parties. According to the Washington Post, Democratic presidential candidates depend on Jewish sources for 60% of money from private sources.[42] "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_lobby_in_the_United_States#Campaign_donations

Reread your original post. You said Jews ENTIRELY control. Entirely means 100 percent.

You said non-Jews have virtually no voice. No voice means ZERO percent voice for non-Jews.

You blamed JEWS specifically in a RACIST way entirely for the U.S. wars and U.S. war dead. Left wing and right wing Jews.

Like the Jews are killing the Christian children ... similar to Judeophobic classic BLOOD LIBEL.

Dude, that is disgusting racist rhetoric and if you didn't mean what you said which is just like that Malay PM, you can retract and apologize for it. Otherwise, it is what you said, anti-Jewish hate speech.

Edited by Jingthing

Reread your original post. You said Jews ENTIRELY control. Entirely means 100 percent.

You said non-Jews have virtually no voice. No voice means ZERO percent voice for non-Jews.

You blamed JEWS specifically in a RACIST way entirely for the U.S. wars and U.S. war dead. Left wing and right wing Jews.

Like the Jews are killing the Christian children ... similar to Judeophobic classic BLOOD LIBEL.

Dude, that is disgusting racist rhetoric and if you didn't mean what you said which is just like that Malay PM, you can retract and apologize for it. Otherwise, it is what you said, anti-Jewish hate speech.

It is pretty close to 100% and there is nothing racist about my post. There is quite a bit of racism in your posts however. I have nothing to apologize for by stating an easily proven fact admitted to by Jews themselves. And per your previous post; yes I do have Jewish friends and even my favorite ex-wife. To call me a Nazi is ridiculous; but typical from hysterical hyper- Zionists like yourself. I do believe Israel has a right to exist and defend itself; but I am also tired of the Israeli Lobby's domination of our ME foreign policy.

Edited by Merzik

Make of it what you will but it has to be remembered that Israel does not want peace, at any cost.

Dear friend,

I have enough respect for you to ask whether you understand the difference between two phrases:

Israel does not want peace, at any cost.

and

Israel does not want peace at any cost.

If you agree that punctuation here assigns an entirely new meaning - please acknowledge your position.

IMHO Israel does not want war. It wants peace. But not at any cost.

Edited by ABCer

On, you're one of those are you? ("Police have tasers, kids should be allowed too", etc)

Ridiculous analogy. Utterly.

MAD works.

Besides that, what about rights? Israel has the right to defend itself....so does Iran.

Make of it what you will but it has to be remembered that Israel does not want peace, at any cost.

Dear friend,

I have enough respect for you to ask whether you understand the difference between two phrases:

Israel does not want peace, at any cost.

and

Israel does not want peace at any cost.

If you agree that punctuation here assigns an entirely new meaning - please acknowledge your position.

IMHO Israel does not want war. It wants peace. But not at any cost.

I don't speak for the honourable member, but at a guess, I would say his punctuation was perfect.

Israel wants peace only after it has reached it's Zionist goals. As it is, peace only prevents it from reaching those goals.

Israel has not the military capabilities to start a war against Iran on his own.

Iran has a lot of S300 missiles just to keep the IAF away from them.

I'm still waiting for the 'self-defence' card of Israel...to bypass international laws.

Israel has one of the worlds best if not the best equiped armies, not to mention most sophisticated weaponry and yet you are under illusion Iran is better? Lol

Iran spent 8 years fighting with Iraq , yet took Isis or US weeks if not days to destroy Iraq army.

I am pretty sure Israel is well capable of carrying out a very successful attack.

Those that can do, do! Those who can not - talk.

Iran has been very loud about their capabilities , like a scared little boy telling a stronger boy he can fight , while friends are holding him back

Edited by konying

Don't laugh, it's true.

Have you ever heard of mid-air refueling? The other possibility is, if Saudi Arabia grants overflight privileges, what is to stop them from granting landing and refueling rights on the way home?

Your nonsensical post about Syria and Hezbollah launching 150,000 troops in a ground war is so far off the real world it beggars belief. Four simple letters of the alphabet say this isn't going to happen anytime soon...ISIS.

Syria, Hezbollah and Hamas will have their hands full for the foreseeable future getting out of the ISIS trap.

Throw Shiite Iran into the same fire with ISIS and you have Iran with little capacity to invade or attack Israel.

Finally, Israel has some of the finest defensive capabilities in the world. They are surrounded by enemies that only want their destruction so it only stands to reason they are prepared to protect themselves. Iran? Not so much.

Again, it will be a defensive war : the one with the best defense system wins. Previous Israeli conflicts -1948, 1967, 1973- were offensive wars. Israel has no experience in defensive and parallel wars.

This won't be balcony-war where you enclose your counterpart behind a concrete wall and the full Israeli armada on the sea-side with the sponge of self-defense.

Till now, we know that Hamas used limited quantities of rockets to disturb the 90 % efficiency (according to IDF) of the Iron Dome and other intelligent defensive weapons. They used rockets, and not missiles. Again, Hezbollah has an estimated arsenal of 100.000 missiles that can reach any place in Israel, Golan Heights and the West Bank. We are not even talking about missiles fired from Iran...

http://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-if-israel-attacks-hezbollah-will-destroy-tel-aviv/

Each IDF Iron Dome battery has 20 defensive missiles. If Iran/Hezb fire 20 small rockets/missiles or more, no problem. If they fire 500 small rockets/missiles within an hour, you become defenseless due to your limited operational capacity and manual recoilings. Iron Dome is positioned around strategical and civil points : cities, army bases and nuclear facilities.

Once, they've eliminated the static defensive system, they can proceed with large capacity missiles for detailed targeting from anywhere : land, sea (submarine) and air. Even a ground invasion is possible with air support.

The same tactics were used under operation Protective Edge.

So, forget the refuelling and/or sanitary pit stop in Saudi Arabia.

Again, Assad can give tactical and strategic assets to Hezbollah even under fire of ISIS that can be decisive for any conflict between Iran and Israel.

All this, under conventional war. For nukes, I don't know... Edited by Scott

It is pretty close to 100% and there is nothing racist about my post. There is quite a bit of racism in your posts however. I have nothing to apologize for by stating an easily proven fact admitted to by Jews themselves. And per your previous post; yes I do have Jewish friends and even my favorite ex-wife. To call me a Nazi is ridiculous; but typical from hysterical hyper- Zionists like yourself. I do believe Israel has a right to exist and defend itself; but I am also tired of the Israeli Lobby's domination of our ME foreign policy.

You paint a Judeophobic picture of total Jewish control of the M.E. foreign policy of the most powerful country in the world, and suggest an international conspiracy of Jews to sacrifice non-Jewish lives for their "selfish" Jewish motives. You can deny 1000 times ... honest people will see what you wrote as racist rhetoric you would hear from Nazis. Again, nothing personal about you, don't go there, you distort by going there, I don't care who you are. I was only talking about your racist rhetoric.

Anyway as you don't retract, fine, I suppose the thing to do now as I don't choose to engage with people where there is no communication possible, and a person who actually believes Judeophobic rhetoric as you do ... no point ... so welcome to my ignore list.

Edited by Jingthing

Because some important worldleaders don't want it to work.

Don't laugh, it's true.

Again, it will be a defensive war : the one with the best defense system wins. Previous Israeli conflicts -1948, 1967, 1973- were offensive wars. Israel has no experience in defensive and parallel wars.

This won't be balcony-war where you enclose your counterpart behind a concrete wall and the full Israeli armada on the sea-side with the sponge of self-defense.

Till now, we know that Hamas used limited quantities of rockets to disturb the 90 % efficiency (according to IDF) of the Iron Dome and other intelligent defensive weapons. They used rockets, and not missiles. Again, Hezbollah has an estimated arsenal of 100.000 missiles that can reach any place in Israel, Golan Heights and the West Bank. We are not even talking about missiles fired from Iran...

http://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-if-israel-attacks-hezbollah-will-destroy-tel-aviv/

Each IDF Iron Dome battery has 20 defensive missiles. If Iran/Hezb fire 20 small rockets/missiles or more, no problem. If they fire 500 small rockets/missiles within an hour, you become defenseless due to your limited operational capacity and manual recoilings. Iron Dome is positioned around strategical and civil points : cities, army bases and nuclear facilities.

Once, they've eliminated the static defensive system, they can proceed with large capacity missiles for detailed targeting from anywhere : land, sea (submarine) and air. Even a ground invasion is possible with air support.

The same tactics were used under operation Protective Edge.

So, forget the refuelling and/or sanitary pit stop in Saudi Arabia.

Again, Assad can give tactical and strategic assets to Hezbollah even under fire of ISIS that can be decisive for any conflict between Iran and Israel.

All this, under conventional war. For nukes, I don't know...

Thanks, Thorgal. A brilliant and informed recall of Israel DF capabilities and shortcomings.

I think you are making only three small mistakes.

First. So far IDF were fighting with soft gloves on. A lot was not done. What was done was done looking back at the UN Human Rights Commission. And it was really good for the bad guys.

Just imagine! - no more pre-warning leaflets... Just imagine! - taking no prisoners out of these 150,000 troops mowed down... Just imagine! - blowing up all the known tunnels on Gaza border synchronized with other action...

Second. Israel needs not one boot, not even a sandal in Iran. The task is simple - take out of the commission nuclear potential of Iran. If Iran were not what it is it should have given it up for free to avoid associated dangers.

With Iran being what it is Israel will have to take out most of its attack (retaliation) capability. Of course the stupid IDF didn't know it so far, but now with your post they are pre-warned.

Now, in case you or stupid Iranians do not know - taking out nuclear installations will create an unpleasantness far exceeding a nuke bomb blast. But I'm sure that the Great Allah will help his Mullah.

Third. In view of what was described above let us hope that Iranians are not so reckless, the Jews are not so desperate and the Western Leaders not so gullible, leaving you and me in the wrong. coffee1.gif

I call your Iranian Air Force and raise you one Israeli Air Force.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_Air_Force

Compare the aircraft available for each side, think about it for a moment and then think about the ability of the pilots.

So what?

Your statement said, quote "Their air force consists of some 40 year old F-14s and even older F-4s and F-5s." You didn't even bother to check the accuracy of what you said. The Russians and the Chinese have already sold them aircraft.

If you say something, try to back it up with facts. At least it proves you know a little of what you are talking about.

Just suppose that Saudi Arabia doesn't permit overflights, doesn't allow landing and refuelling, and tells Isreal no way across our airspace and if you do we will defend ourselves and shoot down your aircraft.

Then what will Isreal and indeed the USA also do next?