Scottish Man falls from 5th floor room at Jomtien Hotel

Lite Beer

Scottish Man falls from 5th floor room at Jomtien Hotel

scot-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police and medics were called to a Hotel off Jomtien Beach Road on Tuesday afternoon, to assist a Scottish man who had fallen from a 5th floor window at a Hotel off Jomtien Beach Road.

The incident took place at the Eurostar International Hotel in Soi 1 off Jomtien Beach Road, just after 3pm and left Mr. Brien Strathern aged 30 with severe injuries. He had fallen down the side of the hotel and at this time the reasons for the fall are not clear as communication with Mr. Strathern was not possible due to the extent of his injuries

Read More: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/203305/scottish-man-falls-from-5th-floor-room-at-jomtien-hotel/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-14

First 2 posts in reply to the story, and "assisted" crops up and the some "Thai help"..... No one knows at this time what really happened but already the Thai bashers are out in force...Keep it up guys with your assumptions, might join you for a game of cludeo later....rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Good that he survived. Hopefully he can make clear why he fell. And if somebody "assisted"

From the 5th floor, it was unlikely that he was a suicide leaper. Looks like he had some Thai help.

Perhaps he ran back to the room after skipping a 100 baht bar tab. And the Thais came to collect.

A 200 baht bin would have been collected from the 10 th floor.

Jeez, the armchair keyboard warrior conspiracy theorists are quick off the mark, despite the report saying he was alone!

Good that he survived. Hopefully he can make clear why he fell. And if somebody "assisted"

From the 5th floor, it was unlikely that he was a suicide leaper. Looks like he had some Thai help.

Perhaps he ran back to the room after skipping a 100 baht bar tab. And the Thais came to collect.

Jeez, the armchair keyboard warrior conspiracy theorists are quick off the mark, despite the report saying he was alone!

Don't be a spoil sport.

It wouldn't be fun otherwise.

We've all been touched by depression during our lives, some more than others. There is a universal consistency amongst survivors of folks who have survived suicide jumps. Their first thought immediately after jumping was, "This is a very bad idea." Just don't do it.

Why would you think that?

My initial guess was a drunken stumble, sorry about the profiling there!

Even in some hospitals i am amazed by the height of the railings at the balconies,

Tumbling point is far below the waist-stomach, and even my children need supervision when standing on these balconies.

My simple question is why ?

What is the added value of such low railing constructions....., and why not secure a chest height standard?

Hope the man involved makes a full recovery, but in the mean time....be careful out there!

First 2 posts in reply to the story, and "assisted" crops up and the some "Thai help"..... No one knows at this time what really happened but already the Thai bashers are out in force...Keep it up guys with your assumptions, might join you for a game of cludeo later....rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

If very rare a tourist falls from a window by himself...

It Is What It Is....usually with help.

He was alone when he landed, who knows if he was alone before he fell? and if he was assisted in falling, he will tell the story later.

To many unanswered suspicious deaths ih Thailand , so it is not Thai Bashing to suspect something given the quality of investigation and forensic evidence available in the LOS . (the burmese 2 lost the DNA) being the most prime example of incompitence or corruption, the Jury is still out.

Balcony railings look very low on that building. probably got pissed and fell off. A belly full of leo or singha will absorb part of the impact and make you bounce when you hit the deck-same as babies that fall out of buildings with nappies full of poo and survive. He's still alive right?

What will never happen is the police telling us what was on the cctv tape. Theyre alot of badasse katoeys operating in the Pattaya/ jomtein sex district.Whats a middleaged farangs life worth ? about 200 baht.

Edited by jalansanitwong

It is not likely there would be conspiracy theories if it had not been for a long history of fatal "falls" by farangs from hotels.

Yes, the "assisted fall" theory is popular here at the hub of farang fantasies.

Definitely says more about the posters themselves than anything else ... probably because the posters harbor real or imagined fears of their own.

It is not likely there would be conspiracy theories if it had not been for a long history of fatal "falls" by farangs from hotels.

A long "history" of unwarranted assumptions is what motivates most Thai bashing.

post-145917-0-50694000-1436931756_thumb.

My theory is he was cleaning his windows on the balcony. He couldn't reach the top of the windows therefore using a small set of step ladders. The step ladders failed miserably sending his left leg into his bucket of warm soapy water which in turn made him slip over the balcony in a dramatic style landing awkwardly.

Seems like if you are not a Thai apologist then you are per definition a Thai basher here - resonable I guess since the Police and journalists here are so believable. They really do a great job ...gigglem.gifgigglem.gifgigglem.gif

Look foreward to hear it from the scottish guy if he was alone when he fell and not when he landed ...

Edited by Kannikapor88

The report says alone when he checked in and he was alone when he landed, but nothing in the report says there was no-one else in his room before he fell out the window.

And yes there are some nasty ladyboys operating in the area and I know a guy who was attacked by 3 of them when he resisted a robbery.

I can see the hotel from my balcony and often walk past it. I am on the 3rd floor and have a garden below so should survive a fall. My balcony railing is lower than it should be for safety. But a higher railing wouldn't have saved him as he went out through the window.

The keyboard conspiracy theorists exist because.....a very large number of foreigners fall, commit suicide or slip off multi-story buildings in Thailand.

The math is rather whacked, and no explanations are ever given for it.

Where is it stated that Jungle Drums cannot make wild assumptions?

The report says alone when he checked in and he was alone when he landed, but nothing in the report says there was no-one else in his room before he fell out the window.

And yes there are some nasty ladyboys operating in the area and I know a guy who was attacked by 3 of them when he resisted a robbery.

I can see the hotel from my balcony and often walk past it. I am on the 3rd floor and have a garden below so should survive a fall. My balcony railing is lower than it should be for safety. But a higher railing wouldn't have saved him as he went out through the window.

So now it's ladyboys, you guys are priceless, maybe he was being chased by a pitbul and forgot his knife, maybe, maybe, maybe.....ad infinitum...