Iran nuclear deal: Fine 'new chapter' or 'historic mistake'?

webfact

A recent analysis I read mirrors my reservations.

The deal is a huge high stakes bet on Iran becoming a better country in the next 10 years.

Based on what logic?

The deal releases billions of dollars, some of which will be to boost the civilian economy and some to fund Iran's nastiness.

The former is good, the latter is bad.

There is more reason for pessimism than optimism but nobody knows for sure how this will turn out and don't believe anyone who says that they do.

Again, this deal isn't only about the bomb which Iran is getting sooner or later anyway, but about the future of Iran and the Middle East.

I think there is a lot to the theory that this is about Obama's legacy and that he is trying to finally "earn" the peace prize he got before basically for being black with a Muslim family background.

I respect Obama's intelligence and assume he doesn't really know how this will turn out either.

If (not great odds) it turns out wonderfully and Iran does become a much better country, he propels his legacy to one of the greatest U.S. presidents.

If it turns out so so, his legacy is still OK.

If it fails, his legacy is also still OK ... as it will be seen as a reasonable gamble done with good intentions.

So the big big gamble he played with the world is really not that big a gamble for his legacy.

Again, this is not all about the US. Jeez some on here think the US is the be all and end all. There are other countries involved in this agreement.

Apart from Russia who gets the contracts to build Irainian Nuclear reactors, The other P5+1 ar just lackies to American foreign policy. Yes they open their mouths to make it look like they are involved, but it was Uncle sam who lead the way.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images