Do even the best Thai Wives tell Lies?

NoshowJones

My wife has always been very loving towards me, and we have a great marriage, she can never do enough for me. She is never in a bad mood and is

always cheerful and happy.

I know the Thais think nothing of telling lies, and it is second nature to them, I suspect my wife has lied to me a couple of times recently, nothing serious though.

I won't confront her about it as it is highly possible she has not lied to me at all.

What I want to ask is, do you ever think your wife lies to you? Do you just think it is just Thainess and let it go unless it is really serious?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely... Generally she does it with the best intentions or to cover up and save face smile.png Only little things though and I find it quite amusing as she's not a good liar...

I am just not used to thinking she may be lying, but there has been a couple of small things I only suspect, but nothing major.

After so many own experiences...I can say that Thais likes to lie...to save face, to shows face they do not have, and to damage the face of others they do not like...Nothing serious sometimes....but desgusting....like a constant gossip.

Thais lie as soon as they come in to this world it is a part of thailand , back home we are brought up not to lie but we lie sometimes in our life but Thais are just out right lies I see it all the time but that dose not mean I not like Thais and thailand I love the place to come and go but could not live there full time

I would assume all people lie, and married people more than aquaintances, simply because they have more to lie about, so not very Thai related IMO.

As already said, most would be white lies, to avoid bigger problems and my wife always says "no problem" when I know something is wrong. IMO Thais are less likely to open up about their problems than westerners.

Given that 50% of western marriages fail, and adultery seems to be rampant, there must be one **** of a lot of lying going on. In Thailand, there is a lot of temptation for men, married or just in a relationship.

Anyone who Say's they do not lie are not telling the truth.

Everyone Lie's it is part of human nature to lie, when my wife asks if she looks fat, I tell a little white lie to not hurt her feelings.

Quite often they don't even consider it lying, just telling you what you want to hear or avoiding bringing bad news at the time.

Yup, there us no such thing as lying, nor racism.

why just ask if Thai wives lie? Females of all nationalities lie through their teeth to get what they want. In my experience aussie women are far worse liars than Thais. Yes all men lie too, but females are by far more prolific liars than men.

My wife lies to me all the time, and has sex with other men.

Not met any that are different.

Did me head in until ......... I started lying to her and having sex with other Thai wives.

Adapt to local culture or go mad.