Do even the best Thai Wives tell Lies?

NoshowJones

What kind of lies are you talking about?

There are harmless lies....you cook her a God-awful meal and she tells you it's "just fine." Or you buy her a butt-ugly scarf for her birthday and she says she "loves it."

Then there are the more serious kinds....like "he's my brother, I go stay with him tonight because he's afraid to be alone." Or "my mom in hospital, need 500,000 bt operation" when her mom is perfectly healthy and out in the fields morning to night.

And everything in between. So again, what kind of lie are you referring to?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...to lie about little things....will definitely lie about big things......

...even beyond your wildest imagination.......unfortunately.....

....'we' are not 'them'...so anything can be justified in their minds....

...plus we have much fewer rights...and so many living condition restrictions....we are at a disadvantage...and they know it...

...they all know it...and to pretend otherwise is just foolish.....

Edited by SOTIRIOS

I remember when she phoned me and told me there was some water in the carburetor of her car.

What she didn't tell me was that she had driven into a klong.

So, while she wasn't lying per se, she wasn't telling the whole story.

Not sure which is worse.................................rolleyes.gif

For clarity, the above didn't really happen, just an example. Expanding on the thread......................smile.png

Doesn't everybody lie on occasion....and thank God for it......who wants to be told the absolute truth every time. I sometime ask "leading" questions and usually get the response I was wishing for, makes life much more pleasant. At least I can go on kidding myself for another few hours,,,,,days.....months.....years.

Edited by dotpoom

The first thing I learnt in LOS was..."How do you know when a Thai female is lying .........Their lips are moving"!

Never the less as several have already mentioned we all do it's just the shade of black to white and the difference between eastern and western cultures and how they treat lying. Westerns condone it but Buddhists I understand can sometimes make merit.

We have to be tolerant andmake own decisions based on circumstsnces.

My wife lies to me all the time, and has sex with other men.

Not met any that are different.

Did me head in until ......... I started lying to her and having sex with other Thai wives.

Adapt to local culture or go mad.

Oh dear......have a good life old mate.

Quite often they don't even consider it lying, just telling you what you want to hear or avoiding bringing bad news at the time.

Do those jeans make her butt look big?

''No darling, its the fat that makes your butt look big''

Wham !!

Why oh why didn't i take the blue pill

Quite often they don't even consider it lying, just telling you what you want to hear or avoiding bringing bad news at the time.

Do those jeans make her butt look big?

''No darling, its the fat that makes your butt look big''

Wham !!

Why oh why didn't i take the blue pill

If your wife ask whether she looks fat and you don't want to lie, the correct answer is: "Compared to what?"

Think it's just being economical with the truth.

Surely when you marry someone from a completely different alien culture - you really need to try very hard to understand that culture.

A Thai will as I said before be economical with the truth- it is not an outright nasty malicious harmful lie ( unless you are in a dreadful relationship )

Usually it is rather what they think you would like to hear.

You have posted this query - but no one knows what the supposed lies were about, if nothing important - don't worry about it . It's that sort of thing that brings doubts and destroys relationships .

What kind of lies are you talking about?

There are harmless lies....you cook her a God-awful meal and she tells you it's "just fine." Or you buy her a butt-ugly scarf for her birthday and she says she "loves it."

Then there are the more serious kinds....like "he's my brother, I go stay with him tonight because he's afraid to be alone." Or "my mom in hospital, need 500,000 bt operation" when her mom is perfectly healthy and out in the fields morning to night.

And everything in between. So again, what kind of lie are you referring to?

Nothing like that, I'm not even sure she is lying, there is just something I want to know, if it is a lie it is harmless.

The first thing I learnt in LOS was..."How do you know when a Thai female is lying .........Their lips are moving"!

Never the less as several have already mentioned we all do it's just the shade of black to white and the difference between eastern and western cultures and how they treat lying. Westerns condone it but Buddhists I understand can sometimes make merit.

We have to be tolerant andmake own decisions based on circumstsnces.

Your first sentence would apply more to a British politician.

Think "possum1931" Think!.......... When you first saw your wife did she say; "Hey hansum man"....... Life can be just one lie after another!

If she said that, she would not be telling a lie, anyway, isn't it the bargirls who always say that?

My wife was never a bargirl, and it would not bother me if she was, as long as it was before she met me.

why just ask if Thai wives lie? Females of all nationalities lie through their teeth to get what they want. In my experience aussie women are far worse liars than Thais. Yes all men lie too, but females are by far more prolific liars than men.

Your first sentence, that's a good idea, if just to find out her attitude to telling lies.

I have to ask: Do you ever lie to your wife? If you do, then why expect her to be different?

Virtually all husbands and wives lie to some extent. Often just to keep the peace and not to hurt the spouse. Also, I think a lot of the Thai wives of farangs lie to some extent because they don't want to evoke the ire and angry reaction they've seen in the past when they told of bad news to the husband.

Edited by HerbalEd

Think it's just being economical with the truth.

Surely when you marry someone from a completely different alien culture - you really need to try very hard to understand that culture.

A Thai will as I said before be economical with the truth- it is not an outright nasty malicious harmful lie ( unless you are in a dreadful relationship )

Usually it is rather what they think you would like to hear.

You have posted this query - but no one knows what the supposed lies were about, if nothing important - don't worry about it . It's that sort of thing that brings doubts and destroys relationships .

Your last sentence is true. maybe I'm just trying to find a flaw in her, she seems perfect in every other way.

Everyone tells little white lies because it is often easiest. In my experience, Thai people often won't tell you the whole truth if they know it will upset you. They will tell you what they think you want to hear even if it is sometimes contradictory. I'm not sure this is unique to Thai culture. You often have to play '20 questions' to ask exactly the right question and get the truth. For example, about financial matters. I think we all have things we want to hide or are embarrased about.