Immigration Promenada One Stop Service

Tywais

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just off of the top of my head, here's what's transpired since the move to Promenada (based upon firsthand reports):

1. No more on-line queue system. Ever.

2. No indoor seating; outdoor seating area shared with livestock.

3. No toilet facilities until mid-morning.

4. Only one employee to process retirement extensions, so fewer processed daily.

5. No computers, everything done manually.

6. Person with signature approval at another geographic location, delays processing.

7. Fewer 90 day reports processed each day creating need to arrive at 08:00 (or thereabouts).

8. No easily visible sign showing which queue number is next; numbers are not necessarily called in order.

On the bright side, at least the location is inconvenient.

2. I didn't see any livestock and I was sitting outside.

3. 0930

7. I arrived at 1300 and got in. Would depend on the number attempting to do one.

8. Numbers were called in order when I was there.

The location is only inconvenient if you need to use public transport, and then, only in the afternoon or early in the morning. The shuttle operates throughout the morning.

Toilets are great.

Food court is great.

Parking is great.

thaibeachlovers

Nice to hear that some things are acceptable.

The way this thread has been going, I was having nightmares re my 1st visit at the new premises.

As I said in my long post, they need chairs inside for the aged and infirm, plus electronic signboards. The rest isn't worse than the shambles at the old office, and the staff that check the documents are a great innovation.

As long as you can sit on a stool outside, it's not that bad.

A shuttle service ALL day would be a good idea too.

I arrived at 9.30 this morning (7th) for a 90 day report, only to be told that all the queue numbers where already spoken for the whole day. (200 apparently)

I was told to come back on Monday.

I need to know, is that how it is now, or was just unlucky. I do understand that it may take time to run smoothly, but....

I arrived at 9.30 this morning (7th) for a 90 day report, only to be told that all the queue numbers where already spoken for the whole day. (200 apparently)

I need to know, is that how it is now, or was just unlucky. I do understand that it may take time to run smoothly, but....

I arrived at about 08:45 today and managed to get one of the last numbers and my number was called at 15:00. Probably best to arrive 08:00 - 0815 latest to be sure of being successful? Going really early 07:00 or worse will probably get your 90 day report done before noon? If you go really early though there are no toilets until the shopping centre opens.

Shuttle- to and from the airport office and Promeneda, the timing of the 2 shuttle vehicles seems to make that quite clear?

Ok, let me try again. Below is a list of the stops on the Promenada shuttle:

Route 1

• Promenada
  • Amora Thapae Hotel
  • Imperial Maeping
  • Night Bazarre, Le meridien Hotel

Route 2

• Promenada
  • Shangri-la
  • The Empress
  • Holiday Inn

Do you see the airport office on that list?

No more on-line queue system. Ever.

what about people got online meeting ? i got one in 1 september

Posted today by TV member delboy in another thread:

"Today at the Promenada office I asked an officer about the online queue system and he said it was "closed permanently". He said there were two reasons. Since the move to the new office they had no space for more than one officer to process applications, and they had no time to process the applicants with appointments and the applicants without appointments. They had also received complaints that people were unable to get an online reservation. If you are already booked, then you will be seen at the appointed time, but no new appointments will be accepted."

Fantastic logic. Some people complained that they were unable to make an appointment online so now nobody can.

Shuttle- to and from the airport office and Promeneda, the timing of the 2 shuttle vehicles seems to make that quite clear?

Route 1

• Promenada
  • Amora Thapae Hotel
  • Imperial Maeping

Route 2

• Promenada
  • Shangri-la
  • The Empress
  • Holiday Inn

Immigration have put on hourly shuttle buses from the old location at the airport for people who didn't know about the move. Very good move by them, I thought.

I was there today at 2pm to do my 90 day report. The sign said the queue was full, but the helpful lady outside told me that I could do it once all the numbers handed out in the morning had been processed. Came back at 4pm and was seen immediately. There's only one officer processing 90 day reports and I don't think I've seen her before. Really, they should be taking the reports at both locations.

Look at post #2 of this topic and you will see the shuttle schedule between immigration at airport and Promenada. However, that service is temporary and will stop on August 20th.

‘Did a reccie earlier in the week in preparation for running the gauntlet on Thursday morning – no problem. However, one thing that nobody’s yet warned about is how utterly different things look before dawn. First of all, both entrances to the mall were barricaded but with a little creativity, I was able to slip through. Next, it seems that there are no lights anywhere, which turned out to be particularly fun when navigating through the parking lot, guided only by a few very loudly buzzing red beams that seemed to be attached to some sort of power boxes. White cane in hand, I tapped my way along and arrived triumphantly just after 5:00.

Already perched on white chairs borrowed from the Goat Coffee Emporium were 4 semi-comatose Thai guys and 2 very nice farangs. As the sun peeked over the parking deck, the trail of heisted chairs extended like an odd serpentine carnival ride. Then, the chairs ran out and I couldn’t see the end of the line.

At 8:30, the first very important garbled message was in Thai (so unfortunate that the Thai guys were still asleep) followed by an equally garbled message in Thailish (which was equally as appreciated by us farangs.) Everybody stood up – some even bothering to return their chairs (bless) and by 8:32, it was announced that all slots for retirement extension were now filled for the day.

I submitted my paperwork around 11:00 and was told to return at 3:30 for passport retrieval. By 3:30, the goat chairs were again scattered everywhere outside the office and I paused to wonder if some people really think nice folks at the coffee shop provide chairs for immigration patrons (as opposed to their own.) It made me sad to see how rude we can be as a lot and considered telling them to let the goats have a go…

Well, it seems our friends at Immigration use a Last In/First Out inventory system or maybe it’s the order in which His Signatureness signs them. After an entire day there, you get to know everyone and can’t help but notice that although Mrs Blue Dress gave her paperwork in at 3:00, she’s already had to leave the comfort of her white goat chair to get her passport back while you look on. Others nearby soon discovered that grumbling and stomping like goats didn’t help much. All in all, a fun day – home by 5!

I wouldn't go on a Monday or Friday. Too many people even at the old office.

‘Did a reccie earlier in the week in preparation for running the gauntlet on Thursday morning – no problem. However, one thing that nobody’s yet warned about is how utterly different things look before dawn. First of all, both entrances to the mall were barricaded but with a little creativity, I was able to slip through. Next, it seems that there are no lights anywhere, which turned out to be particularly fun when navigating through the parking lot, guided only by a few very loudly buzzing red beams that seemed to be attached to some sort of power boxes. White cane in hand, I tapped my way along and arrived triumphantly just after 5:00.

Already perched on white chairs borrowed from the Goat Coffee Emporium were 4 semi-comatose Thai guys and 2 very nice farangs. As the sun peeked over the parking deck, the trail of heisted chairs extended like an odd serpentine carnival ride. Then, the chairs ran out and I couldn’t see the end of the line.

At 8:30, the first very important garbled message was in Thai (so unfortunate that the Thai guys were still asleep) followed by an equally garbled message in Thailish (which was equally as appreciated by us farangs.) Everybody stood up – some even bothering to return their chairs (bless) and by 8:32, it was announced that all slots for retirement extension were now filled for the day.

I submitted my paperwork around 11:00 and was told to return at 3:30 for passport retrieval. By 3:30, the goat chairs were again scattered everywhere outside the office and I paused to wonder if some people really think nice folks at the coffee shop provide chairs for immigration patrons (as opposed to their own.) It made me sad to see how rude we can be as a lot and considered telling them to let the goats have a go…

Well, it seems our friends at Immigration use a Last In/First Out inventory system or maybe it’s the order in which His Signatureness signs them. After an entire day there, you get to know everyone and can’t help but notice that although Mrs Blue Dress gave her paperwork in at 3:00, she’s already had to leave the comfort of her white goat chair to get her passport back while you look on. Others nearby soon discovered that grumbling and stomping like goats didn’t help much. All in all, a fun day – home by 5!

Hmmmm.

Are the white stools provided by the coffee shop? There are an awful lot of them, so either the coffee shop guy is an optimist, or they were placed there by the immigration people. BTW there is a very nice table and seating by the coffee shop that looks more appropriate.

Last in first out sounds right. First in passport goes on the table first and later arrivals go on top. To process them in correct order would necessitate turning the pile over, and actually caring.

Look at post #2 of this topic and you will see the shuttle schedule between immigration at airport and Promenada. However, that service is temporary and will stop on August 20th.

Why does that not surprise me crying.gif

For those of you who may not be aware you can

MAIL IN YOUR 90 DAY REPORTS

Based on current immigration logic they will probably cancel mail in when more people start to use it.

I wouldn't be surprised if a service fee is applied to postal applications.

Why is this called a 'One stop service' ?? Obviously, things are done much slower than at the old place. What was the point in moving out there ?

Without the online booking option, there will be more people queing up early every day.

It appears they are really trying hard to get rid of all of us and use those agents, who probably must pay a special fee.

I made my first visit to the new office today, for a re-entry permit. I arrived at 2pm, handed my form and photocopies to the lady on the desk, and she told me I needed copies of all the used pages in my passport.

If you get the re entry permit at the airport as you leave Thailand, no need for all those copies. Bureaucracy gone mad!

Do you need a boarding pass ??

I made my first visit to the new office today, for a re-entry permit. I arrived at 2pm, handed my form and photocopies to the lady on the desk, and she told me I needed copies of all the used pages in my passport.

If you get the re entry permit at the airport as you leave Thailand, no need for all those copies. Bureaucracy gone mad!

Yes, you do.

Yes, you do.

Are they open to serve for the last flight ??

Yes, you do.

Are they open to serve for the last flight ??

Yes, they are open any time there's a departing international flight. Immigration Officers have to be present to stamp you out of the country if you are departing on an international flight, no matter what time of day.

Why is this called a 'One stop service' ?? Obviously, things are done much slower than at the old place. What was the point in moving out there ?

Without the online booking option, there will be more people queing up early every day.

It appears they are really trying hard to get rid of all of us and use those agents, who probably must pay a special fee.

Could this be the beginning of the end for online booking??? The following is information I received from a very reliable source. I am sure some other TV members received it as well. I am getting the feeling I am being herded in a certain direction. The above posters comments seem to fall in line with my thinking. He also raises many questions that go unanswered. Maybe they are monitoring TV and getting a little(how do I say it delicately) offended at some of the negative comments and this is their way of saying "Naughty naughty"

This morning I checked the various Immigration offices throughout Thailand
There's only 2 Immigration offices where the Online Queue is still working
Nakon Sawan
Chiang Saen
I hope this doesn't mean that they are phasing out this program

Could this be the beginning of the end for online booking??? The following is information I received from a very reliable source. I am sure some other TV members received it as well. I am getting the feeling I am being herded in a certain direction. The above posters comments seem to fall in line with my thinking. He also raises many questions that go unanswered. Maybe they are monitoring TV and getting a little(how do I say it delicately) offended at some of the negative comments and this is their way of saying "Naughty naughty"

This morning I checked the various Immigration offices throughout Thailand
There's only 2 Immigration offices where the Online Queue is still working
Nakon Sawan
Chiang Saen
I hope this doesn't mean that they are phasing out this program

http://chiangsaen.immigration.go.th/queue-online.html

all the date is empty , do you think i can make a date there but living in chiang dao ?

Route 1

• Promenada
  • Amora Thapae Hotel
  • Imperial Maeping

Route 2

• Promenada
  • Shangri-la
  • The Empress
  • Holiday Inn

No, didn't see it. But I think you know why by now?

Archived