Immigration Promenada One Stop Service

Tywais

Why is this called a 'One stop service' ?? Obviously, things are done much slower than at the old place. What was the point in moving out there ?

Without the online booking option, there will be more people queing up early every day.

It appears they are really trying hard to get rid of all of us and use those agents, who probably must pay a special fee.

Could this be the beginning of the end for online booking??? The following is information I received from a very reliable source. I am sure some other TV members received it as well. I am getting the feeling I am being herded in a certain direction. The above posters comments seem to fall in line with my thinking. He also raises many questions that go unanswered. Maybe they are monitoring TV and getting a little(how do I say it delicately) offended at some of the negative comments and this is their way of saying "Naughty naughty"

This morning I checked the various Immigration offices throughout Thailand
There's only 2 Immigration offices where the Online Queue is still working
Nakon Sawan
Chiang Saen
I hope this doesn't mean that they are phasing out this program

http://chiangsaen.immigration.go.th/queue-online.html

all the date is empty , do you think i can make a date there but living in chiang dao ?

I can't see why not.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is this called a 'One stop service' ?? Obviously, things are done much slower than at the old place. What was the point in moving out there ?

Without the online booking option, there will be more people queing up early every day.

It appears they are really trying hard to get rid of all of us and use those agents, who probably must pay a special fee.

Could this be the beginning of the end for online booking??? The following is information I received from a very reliable source. I am sure some other TV members received it as well. I am getting the feeling I am being herded in a certain direction. The above posters comments seem to fall in line with my thinking. He also raises many questions that go unanswered. Maybe they are monitoring TV and getting a little(how do I say it delicately) offended at some of the negative comments and this is their way of saying "Naughty naughty"

This morning I checked the various Immigration offices throughout Thailand
There's only 2 Immigration offices where the Online Queue is still working
Nakon Sawan
Chiang Saen
I hope this doesn't mean that they are phasing out this program

http://chiangsaen.immigration.go.th/queue-online.html

all the date is empty , do you think i can make a date there but living in chiang dao ?

I can't see why not.

Don't you have to extend your visa in the province you live in?

JomtienEats - 30 day extensions to visa-exempt and tourist visa entries MUST be done at the new Promenada location -- not the older location near the airport. At this time, the queue slots for these 30 day extensions don't seem to be as limited as they are for retirement extensions and 90-day reports. There don't seem to be reports of people arriving at 9 am and being told that all the queue cards for the day have been distributed, come back tomorrow. Lucky you!

Slipperylobster -- unfortunately not everyone is superorganized when it comes to doing their 90 day reports. The current state of affairs will probably cause some people to buy a calendar and start to use it to mark when their 90 day reports are due and when the magic window exists to mail in their reports. Just the other day I had lunch with a lady who has lived here for years and we were talking about Immigration. That's when she realized she was two weeks late for her 90 day report. Unfortunately, the only way to take care of that little boo-boo is visit the new Immigration office.

There is a rumour that they are going to renovate the old office. Besides, it was completely inadequate to service the number of customers.

The biggest problem.

Failure by Thai I/O to keep expats adequately informed - of everything - including queue online situation.

Ever been in hospital? Trying to get any information from the staff or Dr is very difficult. It's not Thai culture to be informative.

Not at my hospital !!!

There is absolutely no excuse for CM Immigration.We' have apparently gone from 3 officers doing retirement extensions to 1,have they retired ? Every other immigration office in the country seems to be reasonably organised from reports I get from former colleagues and friends. The CM Immigrataion head guy gives a speech to the CM Expat group and an interview with City Life and everything he said can be taken with the proverbial grain of salt. Its like CM expats are being punished for some unknown reason.

Actually, the head of Immigration who gave the interview to City Life was not the same head of Immigration who appeared before the CM Expats Club. The first guy retired, a little earlier than initially planned, shortly after the City Life interview.

Its just made it a lot worse for me.. and others doing the 90 day report.. which used to be so easy and quick at the old place. I used to just go in the afternoon and was all done in less than an hour.. sometimes just 15 minuites.

Now I had to go 2 times.. First time they had ran out of numbers for 90 day. Second time I went 8am and was not seen until mid afternoon.

Sitting in the heat outside with no fans and the smell of goats was not nice. Not even anything showing the numbers.. just has to listen to someone calling them out. Next time I am doing the 90 day through the post. Why the heck can't they just get the on line reporting sorted.. easier for immigration staff and people doing 90 days.

I can't drive.. so getting to the new place is difficult for me also.. just another inconvience.

To be fair to the staff there.... it seemed that it was the people reporting for the 90 days that were causing the problems.. with wrong paperwork, or incorrectly filled in forms, or not going up when their number was called etc..... or other problems.

Hi

what docs are they asking for for 90 days.....

and is there any point me trying to go in the afternoon (as in the good old day)?

Thanks

david

Form 47 and copies of all relevant passport pages. Original passport.

Hi

what docs are they asking for for 90 days.....

and is there any point me trying to go in the afternoon (as in the good old day)?

Thanks

david

If you do a search you will find the real deal, but basically the 90 day report form, photocopies of passport pages ( signed ).

BTW, even though it's not marked on the form, they want your moo as well as the rest of your address.

I went at 1300 and got in by 1500, but to be safe, I'll go at opening time in the future.

Ah, I didn't look far enough. Beng already answered.

JomtienEats - 30 day extensions to visa-exempt and tourist visa entries MUST be done at the new Promenada location -- not the older location near the airport. At this time, the queue slots for these 30 day extensions don't seem to be as limited as they are for retirement extensions and 90-day reports. There don't seem to be reports of people arriving at 9 am and being told that all the queue cards for the day have been distributed, come back tomorrow. Lucky you!

Thanks Nancy,

OP, it would be useful to have this info added to the first post as its important info and the situation is a bit confused at present.

Went today.... It is absolutely and ridiculously worse than before. People that had arrived at 4am were still waiting at 4pm.

90 days run out at 9am. How can they take something that was slightly broken and present us with the situation we have now.

Some people were there for the 3rd day in a row, still failing to get a slot for the day (90 day particularly!)

Anything major (retirement etc) needs the passport to be sent back to the main office for checking!

Whichever brain box that came up with this improvement needs to be put out to grass! OK, It's much much better for the staff of course, not having all those smelly farangs in their faces, but to leave elderly people, some in wheelchairs, waiting outside in these temperatures for up to 12 hours is just shocking. Really immigration if you read this, you should be ashamed of this situation!

Went today.... It is absolutely and ridiculously worse than before. People that had arrived at 4am were still waiting at 4pm.

90 days run out at 9am. How can they take something that was slightly broken and present us with the situation we have now.

Some people were there for the 3rd day in a row, still failing to get a slot for the day (90 day particularly!)

Anything major (retirement etc) needs the passport to be sent back to the main office for checking!

Whichever brain box that came up with this improvement needs to be put out to grass! OK, It's much much better for the staff of course, not having all those smelly farangs in their faces, but to leave elderly people, some in wheelchairs, waiting outside in these temperatures for up to 12 hours is just shocking. Really immigration if you read this, you should be ashamed of this situation!

Perhaps some daring entrepreneurial type could set up a booth/200L blue drum with slot in top, and accept PERSONAL delivery of 90 day reports. Same criteria as mail-in, attach SAE and within time-frame for reporting.

Methinks some may stop doing 90 reports and run the annual fine gauntlet/route.

I think I've been at the new Immigration office every week since it opened and today I actually saw some signs of improvement and a distressing development.

I arrived around 6:45 am to obtain a medical extension for someone who was having a doctor's appointment in the morning and would meet me at Immigration around noon, after her doctor's appointment. Upon arriving, I immediately noticed:

The goats, sheep and pigs are gone! I checked both their pens -- near the coffee shop, under cover and up on the hill, in the grassy area. No critters. I consulted with the coffee shop mistress, only I asked in breathless tones, in Thai, like I really missed my little friends. She remembered me as the strange lady who pets the animals and buys goat milk. (it really is very tasty.) She said (loosely translated) the livestock is now commuting to their weekend job at Promenada, having been asked to leave because of their odor. If I want to see them again, I must come on a Saturday or Sunday. Darn. I'll miss them. My seamstress will regret they aren't around to ruin any more of my dresses, either.

So, onto the main event. Another surprise. It seems they've actually tried to sort out the morning scrum with pre-queue signs and sit-queues, similar to the parking lot prequeues of the old location:

post-68373-0-69850100-1439206519_thumb.j post-68373-0-47464400-1439206595_thumb.j

And, another pleasant surprise is that there is access to a clean, modern toilet -- complete with toilet paper, hand soap and a hand drying machine. I visited it at 7 am and found it open, despite a sign that says it isn't open until 9:30 am. Those waiting at the start of the retirement visa queue said they'd arrived at 2:30 am! Yes, indeed. The people who were No. 3 and 4 in the retirement extension queue said they'd arrived at 4 am. One of the early arrivers had a pregnant wife and she confirmed that the toilet was open at 5 am. Come on, people, you're not going to make toilet jokes about how a pregnant lady should have gone before she left home, are you? The toilet is about 20 meters to the right of the Immigration office, if you're in the queue waiting to get your queue card. Thank you Promenada management for opening the door early. Now if you'd just change your sign to reflect the real open hours.

post-68373-0-37626000-1439207047_thumb.j post-68373-0-70084800-1439207090_thumb.j

So, those are the three improvements:

1. the goats, sheep and pigs are gone during the week

2. there is some order to the early morning prequeue process

3. wonderful toilets are accessible early

Now for the troubling development.

What's up with everyone coming out early to do their 90-day reports? Admittedly, the on-line 90-day reporting system hasn't been very user-friendly, but the mail-in option still works. There were over 120 people in the 90-day report queue even before they started to distribute queue numbers. Scanning the crowd, what did I see -- old, white people. What's up with that? I walked the queue and talked with many, asking why they were there. Did they know they could mail in their 90 day reports? A surprising number said, in effect, they were retired and had nothing better to do with their time. This was a nice outing to the mall. Sure, some didn't know about the mail-in option or didn't understand it, thinking you had to mail-in your passport. But, a surprising number were just there for a lark. Very few were overdue and had to pay a fine. Here were the people left after the first 100 queue cards were distributed for 90 day reports when the office opened at 8:30 am. Their queue numbers started at 101 and they were told to come back at 1 pm.

post-68373-0-05956400-1439208554_thumb.j

By 9 am all 200 slots for 90 day reports were gone for the day.

Contrary to popular belief, it isn't visa agents who are taking the 90 day queue cards. I stood next to the officer handing out the cards and listened as she asked each person "how many". Most people said one or two. A few said three or four and they looked like they were filing 90 day reports for work groups, like school; they weren't visa agents. I suspect the visa agents do 90 day reports for their clients by mail.

Later in the day, I watched as younger people came to do 90 day reports and reacted in utter disbelief to be told that all the queue cards were gone and had been since 9 am. Many had reports due this week. Many had to take children to school and couldn'treturn to wait for a queue card at 8 am.

Come on, people. Why go to do a 90 day report in person when you can submit it by mail?

I mailed my report, no problem. Second time, despite using Rong Tabien registered post both ways, I never got the slip back and the number was never on the Thai Post tracking site. Having gone to the effort of the post office, the checking the post, then having to go to immigration anyway, where they told me it had been posted, I figured its easier to go in person.

I went to Promenada on Friday and, as I posted before, was seen at 4pm with no queue after they had finished the 200 queue tickets for the day. They really should have someone at both offices to process 90 day reports.

Just off of the top of my head, here's what's transpired since the move to Promenada (based upon firsthand reports):

1. No more on-line queue system. Ever.

2. No indoor seating; outdoor seating area shared with livestock.

3. No toilet facilities until mid-morning.

4. Only one employee to process retirement extensions, so fewer processed daily.

5. No computers, everything done manually.

6. Person with signature approval at another geographic location, delays processing.

7. Fewer 90 day reports processed each day creating need to arrive at 08:00 (or thereabouts).

8. No easily visible sign showing which queue number is next; numbers are not necessarily called in order.

On the bright side, at least the location is inconvenient.

I agree with all your points and most of all the stupid location at Promenada - I wonder how all the people that cheered about the move feel now ... Are you still happy about Promenada ...?

Just off of the top of my head, here's what's transpired since the move to Promenada (based upon firsthand reports):

4. Only one employee to process retirement extensions, so fewer processed daily.

6. Person with signature approval at another geographic location, delays processing.

7. Fewer 90 day reports processed each day creating need to arrive at 08:00 (or thereabouts).

8. No easily visible sign showing which queue number is next; numbers are not necessarily called in order.

I agree with all your points and most of all the stupid location at Promenada - I wonder how all the people that cheered about the move feel now ... Are you still happy about Promenada ...?

Apparently some people aren't paying attention. I'm not a cheerleader for Promenada, but......

#2 Livestock are gone during the week

#3 Toilet facilities are open as early as 5 am

#6 Technically, the person with the signature authority seems to be coming to Promenada to do the OKs -- or maybe some days the passports make the trips and maybe some days the signer makes the trip. Who knows? It doesn't really matter. It's still a mess.

#7 No actually, they didn't process more more than 200 90-day reports at the old facility. Suddenly, it seems every old f@rt in Chiang Mai has decided he needs a day out at the mall. Why they can't go to Maya and check out the new Duke's is beyond me. Maybe because David won't make them sit outside in the heat on little wooden stools for hours. I know I'll probably garner criticism for these comments, but we retired people really shouldn't consider filing 90 day reports in person a form of entertainment.

Although the online appointment facility appears to have been shut down, I have an appointment obtained before the shutdown.

To which desk or 'window' or person should I report on arrival at Promenada?

Thank you.

Go inside and look around. The desks have signs over them indicating the service performed. Wait for a lull in the conversation at the desk where the officer is doing retirement extensions and tell him/her you have an appointment. It's a little right of center. You'll probably be told to take a seat. There are a few chairs inside near the door and as long as you're quiet you can stay since you'll just be there a few minutes.

They did permit the customers to wait inside the first day, but that stopped because the noise level in the room is deafening if more than 4 or 5 people are talking at once. I'd suggest you remain inside so the retirement extension officer doesn't forget about you.

The location is not the problem!

Although the online appointment facility appears to have been shut down, I have an appointment obtained before the shutdown.

To which desk or 'window' or person should I report on arrival at Promenada?

Thank you.

Go inside and look around. The desks have signs over them indicating the service performed. Wait for a lull in the conversation at the desk where the officer is doing retirement extensions and tell him/her you have an appointment. It's a little right of center. You'll probably be told to take a seat. There are a few chairs inside near the door and as long as you're quiet you can stay since you'll just be there a few minutes.

They did permit the customers to wait inside the first day, but that stopped because the noise level in the room is deafening if more than 4 or 5 people are talking at once. I'd suggest you remain inside so the retirement extension officer doesn't forget about you.

Many thanks.

Actually yes. If there are too many 90 days reports being done at Promenada there would be EXACTLY THE SAME NUMBER BEING DONE AT THE OLD OFFICE.

There is far less congestion at Promenada and the toilets are great. The close by food court is brilliant.

The main problem is having to sit outside and no q number sign.

Having pre screening of documents is also great.

Apparently some people aren't paying attention. I'm not a cheerleader for Promenada, but......

#2 Livestock are gone during the week

#3 Toilet facilities are open as early as 5 am

#6 Technically, the person with the signature authority seems to be coming to Promenada to do the OKs -- or maybe some days the passports make the trips and maybe some days the signer makes the trip. Who knows? It doesn't really matter. It's still a mess.

#7 No actually, they didn't process more more than 200 90-day reports at the old facility. Suddenly, it seems every old f@rt in Chiang Mai has decided he needs a day out at the mall. Why they can't go to Maya and check out the new Duke's is beyond me. Maybe because David won't make them sit outside in the heat on little wooden stools for hours. I know I'll probably garner criticism for these comments, but we retired people really shouldn't consider filing 90 day reports in person a form of entertainment.

This shows the absurdity of the situation. In looking for something positive about the situation, we find that there are no longer livestock nearby.

Archived